BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

I welcome the decision of them setting up a base in the region, they clearly want to be more hands on than we saw under the previous regime, being in the local area should make that easier.

It was another article that has annoyed me far more than the LT one and that is the one about Kean saying they haven't even talked about relegation to the players.

I know there is this thought that if you keep it positive it might turn itself around but that hasn't worked so far has it? If I was the manager I would get the lads in after their training and tell them bluntly what the situation is and what's at stake here.

Kean has to go whatever division we find ourselves in next season.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

had a conversation about how out of touch with the real world the royals are yesterday, but they really have nothing on mr kean hands down the most deluded detatched dim person around.

Just go, on and off the pitch things were embarrassing at best 2 months ago, now its impending disaster and you are still spouting utter nonsense and not primarily focused on the big 'R'. Worst manager the premier league has ever seen, above les reed in my opinion as he had a truly awful charlton side whereas we have enough of a squad to never be getting involved at the very bottom of the league. Oh for a dave basset, howard wilkinson right now.

As per the criticism when we lose, well done to Kean today for ensuring 3 points.

He still needs to get out of our club as soon as the season is finished and needs to stop trying to wind up the fans with his stupid interviews, but fair play today - obviously picked the right side, as we came out with 3 points in a vital win.

Suppose we'll be getting our visit from Nixon in the morning then...

Spot on with the last sentence Chris. Although Bolton didn't seem to want it at all, there were some real committed performances from our boys. N'Zonzi slotted back in well. Even Peds played like he had a point to prove when he came on. We just lack a bit of quality buy we certainly aren't short of heart.

Maybe they've had "Against All Odds" piped into the dressing room!

Something I noticed was that there was a distinct difference between the way the players warmed up for todays game and the way they were doing so 10 games ago.

It used to be quick passing, closely monitored by Kean. This time, from what I saw, they were all just having a kickabout. It was thoroughly disjointed and to be honest that was felt in the last 5 minutes of the game itself. When we should have been running it into corners and keeping possession we were having shots from 25 yards, it took Jermaine Jones to shout at Kalinic for anything sensible to happen. It seemed to me that there was no discipline and surely only Kean can take responsibility for that.

The impression I had was that the players are up for it but there were no distinct tactics other than "lump it up to Roberts or Benjani", closely followed by "give it to Ollson, maybe he'll do something good". We were lucky that Bolton weren't up for the game because we offered nothing that should cause a decent team problems.

3 points - brilliant. But it shouldn't have come to this in the first place. I'm sorry Steve, but you haven't got the experience to take us any further.

I think again this week we have seen that the powers down at Ewood made the right decision in keeping Kean as manager when most wanted him gone. I’m big enough and ugly enough to admit I wanted him fired after the Everton game, but they kept their nerve and that seems to be paying off. The players clearly want to play for the manager, anyone who witnessed Monday nights game could see that, and also today, they dug in to a man and finally get their just rewards.

He needs to go in the summer, no doubt about that, or drop down to rankings, but tonight Mr Kean you have my respect. Not sure where the players motivation has come from this week, but in no small part I beleive its possibly down to you.

Regardless of todays result and whether we stay up or not,I want Kean gone from Ewood come close season...he realy is coming across as a rather crafty person.

Agreed. we still want Kea out at the end of THIS SEASON NO MATTER WHAT DIVISION ROVERS ARE IN. He is NOT a manager, he is a coach.

I noticed yet again that the players take no notice of Kean once the game is underway. For example when Olsson was down injured 9 or 10 of the Bolton players all ran over to get instructions from Coyle. Not one Rovers player even looked across at Kean. HE was stood there for the lengthy break like a lemon looking on:

image171xf.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I noticed yet again that the players take no notice of Kean once the game is underway. For example when Olsson was down injured 9 or 10 of the Bolton players all ran over to get instructions from Coyle. Not one Rovers player even looked across at Kean. HE was stood there for the lengthy break like a lemon looking on:

image171xf.jpg

And yet Bolton were shocking, so that didn't help

If we finish the season strongly there could be a case for staying on? (i.e. win 2 of the last 3 for example).

Not saying he should however would be able to put a fairly good positive spin on that...

Blackburn Rovers boss Steve Kean has revealed he is targeting a result against fellow relegation candidates West Ham next weekend to seal their Premier League safety

image171xf.jpg

I think you're trying too hard to find flaws. If Bolton were struggling and Blackburn were the better side then why would we want to change anything? Coyle would probably want to adjust certain things to try and get more into the game, just like Kean (claimed he) did after 20 mins of 22-78% possession against City last round.

who's going to change their vote first?

If we finish the season strongly there could be a case for staying on? (i.e. win 2 of the last 3 for example).

If and when Kean gets his win record above 33 1/3% is when I'll consider changing my vote. By my math, he needs to win the next 3 straight to achieve that percentage. Not likely, IMO.

For what its worth I've been chatting to a mate well connected with the club. He gave the impession that kean is a really nice guy...but no one inside the club felt he was a decent manager. He intimated that he thought Kean was going to be staying next year and that the Indians really like him. Only names he'd heard as possible replacements were Benitez and laudrup who both appparently have SEM connections. Anderson it would appear only arrives and stays around the transfer window.

He intimated that he thought Kean was going to be staying next year and that the Indians really like him. Only names he'd heard as possible replacements were Benitez and laudrup who both appparently have SEM connections.

Here's how I see it:

Benitez: Managed and won 350 out of 670 matches, win percentage 52.24%.

Laudrup: Managed and won 94 out of 182 matches, win percentage 51.65%.

Allardyce: Managed and won 293 out of 731 matches, win percentage 40.08%.

Kean: Managed and won 5 out of 21 matches, win percentage 23.81%.

I'm not an expert in football (or much else) but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out a change is needed.

OJ, looks like you sit about 10 rows in front of me- exact seat.

Spooky huh...

Even spookier is that I am in the same seat around 10 rows lower down....I will guess at seat 59 but mine is 53.

On the subject of team motivation I think it came from the players, highlighted by the team huddle / cuddle pre-match which I have rarely seen before. But I don't really care, clearly the players are playing for the club, their careers, the fans and perhaps the manager and owners as well.

Whatever the reasons, I am much happier today!

COYB.

Archived