SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

inept sub ???again.. who would you have brought on... ???

welcome back gordon... :lol:

Probbly Pederson instead of Rochina for Dunn then would have taken Roberts off for Rochina allowing for an attacking 451

What I can't understand is how the votes to keep Kean keep on going up;I couldn't understand 14 voting to keep, now it's up to 34!!!

I think it's a case of faute de mieux - at least we know he's awful. Bringing in someone else at this stage could be great but it could be and even bigger mistake than appointing Kean in the first place. Voting to keep him doesn't mean anyone really wants him, just that they are afraid that what follows may be worse. And before anyone thinks i am one of those who voted for him, I'm definitely not.

What I can't understand is how the votes to keep Kean keep on going up;I couldn't understand 14 voting to keep, now it's up to 34!!!

It's yet another example of how the difficult bit in research is the framing of the questions, not the interpretation of the results. I would wager all 34 have voted this was because it the only way they can express a desire not to change horses mid-stream rather than it being a ringing endorsement of the clapped out nag we are attemtpting to cross the raging torrent on.

all this kean stuff is getting boring now. just back the team for the next 4 games ffs!

It's a message board, as long as the crowd at the games continue to get behind the side- people should feel free to say whatever they like.

and even bigger mistake than appointing Kean in the first place. Voting to keep him doesn't mean anyone really wants him, just that they are afraid that what follows may be worse.

Well, they don't know their backside from their elbow then. We haven't won for over 3 months and Kean is taking us down.

Sacking him and putting the coach driver in charge could hardly be worse. They both would have had the same amount of managerial experience before assuming the reins.

Well, they don't know their backside from their elbow then. We haven't won for over 3 months and Kean is taking us down.

Sacking him and putting the coach driver in charge could hardly be worse. They both would have had the same amount of managerial experience before assuming the reins.

Sacking him and putting a chimp in charge could hardly be worse!!

The odd thing is I hear that Kean will only keep his job IF we go down.

What an odd situation we find ourselves in.

That does seem a bit far fetched. But in a season like we have had, nothing would surprise me. That could only mean they want the club down, to sell the bigger high earne players - therefore getting the wage bill down - and buying cheaper options. Pathetic if true.

The odd thing is I hear that Kean will only keep his job IF we go down.

What an odd situation we find ourselves in.

Maybe Venkys have been inspired by Crewe and see Kean as the next Dario Grady!

I assume I'm not the only one to get this email, I'm impressed that Tom Finn has taken the time to write this:

Thank you for your recent letter.

As you might imagine, we have received a great deal of correspondence from fans concerned with the current position of the Club. In view of the volume of mail received we are unable to reply individually to each point raised but I can assure you that the owners are aware of fans’ frustrations and concern with the present position.

The owners have reaffirmed their commitment to Steve Kean in the past few days so it is important that we continue to stick together and support him and the team at the last 4 games. The performance on the pitch on Monday night was positive, and if we can carry that attitude into our remaining games then we will survive. That has to remain the focus for all of us that hold the Club dear to our hearts and the continued support of our fans is crucial at this time. There is then an opportunity to address the various issues, and certainly the owners do need to communicate their vision and hopes to the fans this summer.

I do appreciate your frustration with events, but would ask you to continue to support the club you quite clearly love over through the final month of the season.

Yours sincerely,

T M Finn

Managing Director

It can't have been easy for Tom Finn over the last few months. Talk about a change in company culture!

Frustration must be the overriding emotion. Frustration to see so much hard work needlessly destroyed through ignorance and deception. I understand that TF is required to do his job as MD but that his opinion carries no weight.

Archived