BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

Nonsense Jim, sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and say City are miles better than we are, I'm no Kean fan but he got things right last night.

Ordinarily, I would agree with this. When a team spend as much as City and when a team spend as little as us, we shouldn't have a hope in hell. In reality, City are poor away from home and were poor for all of this match bar the first 15 mins. Credit to Kean and the players for the commitment shown, but Kean did not get it right and had he got it right we might have won this game. City were there for the taking really and I think this is the type of match we would have won with Sam in charge.

Starting with Benjani and Roberts up front was wrong. Taking Benjani off and not Roberts was wrong. Putting a young striker with 60mins of professional football to his name in central midfield against the likes of Barry and De Jong with 30mins left at 0-0 is clearly wrong and not playing Pedersen in a match where we were having tonnes of set pieces and repeatedly messing them up was wrong. These were Kean's mistakes on the night, couple them with his long-term mistakes and he really was responsible for the defeat. His hard work ethic 'on the training ground' is showing itself in matches, but its not enough. Hard work alone is not going to put the ball in the net and its not going to win us matches. I was proud of the work rate yesterday, but we looked like a team set for relegation. Working tirelessly and playing 'well' with absolutely nothing to show for it.

Also Kalinic looked a shadow of the player he used to be when he came on last night. Whilst Hoilett has thrived under Kean, Kalinic has been ruined. That stupid statement about him practicing shooting into an empty net was so stupid. Well done for ruining the confidence of our only half decent striker.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes John they had not won away for a while but that run included Chelsea, Liverpool and Man United I think so it is a little deceptive.

Fair enough.

I am getting worn down with these hard luck stories, all the signs are there, it usually spells one thing.

So on this thread so far we have some that wouldn’t have played Benjani, some that wouldn’t have played Roberts, some that would have played 1 up front, some that would have played 2, some that wouldn’t have brought Rochina on, and some that wouldn’t have brought Pedersen one, some that wouldn't have brought Dunn off and some that wanted to keep EHD.

Who’d be a football manager eh :wacko:

The thing is Gav, the guy who is "in charge" at Rovers isn't much more qualified (or adept) to manage than some people on here.

And he's at one of the top 20 clubs in the country!

Can anyone else see Kean being kept on in some capacity next season? I could see him being put back as first team coach - if not retained as manager! I can!!

The thing is Gav, the guy who is "in charge" at Rovers isn't much more qualified (or adept) to manage than some people on here.

And he's at one of the top 20 clubs in the country!

Can anyone else see Kean being kept on in some capacity next season? I could see him being put back as first team coach - if not retained as manager! I can!!

In their most recent comments, Venky's say they really like Kean and that he is a nice man.

Who would be a football manager?...Steve Kean would have us think he is one.

My mates just recieved a contract to build Steve Kean an in door swimming pool and steam room, should fit in nicely next to his indoor cinema.

My mates just recieved a contract to build Steve Kean an in door swimming pool and steam room, should fit in nicely next to his indoor cinema.

Didn't know he'd bought a property - thought he rented in Whally area ?

Kean: We can beat the drop

Blackburn manager Steve Kean is confident his side can escape relegation even though they have failed to win in 10 league games.

"If we lost two successive home games psychologically it would be very tough for us.

"We have a very good group. They are strong characters. I don't think we will be beaten by Bolton."

Blackburn manager Steve Kean is confident his side can escape relegation even though they have failed to win in 10 league games.

"If we lost two successive home games psychologically it would be very tough for us.

"We have a very good group. They are strong characters. I don't think we will be beaten by Bolton."

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5vdGhlcmxhbmR0b3lzLmNvLnVrL3Byb2R1Y3RfdGh1bWIucGhwP2ltZz1pbWFnZXMvL2FsZXJ0YnVsbHNoaXQxXzgwMXcuanBnJnc9MTkzJmg9MjAwJm93PTM1MCZvaD0yMDA===.jpg<-------- VENKEAN IS FULL OF THIS

I've have been told that Steve Kean will not be manager next season for sure whatever division we are in!

If we stop up then the owners will go for a Proven PL manager and do have a shortlist and have met will several manager who are interest in the rovers job as along as we stay in the PL! One or two are interest in the rovers even if we do go down!

Steve Kean doesn't know that the owners have be meetings with potential Manager for next season!

I've have been told that Steve Kean will not be manager next season for sure whatever division we are in!

If we stop up then the owners will go for a Proven PL manager and do have a shortlist and have met will several manager who are interest in the rovers job as along as we stay in the PL! One or two are interest in the rovers even if we do go down!

Steve Kean doesn't know that the owners have be meetings with potential Manager for next season!

FANTASTIC FIRST POST LOL :rolleyes:

• Backroom

What is he saying that for? No problem with him telling the players that in private, but saying it in public is going to achieve nothing other than getting the Bolton players pumped up to stuff his words back down his throat.

Sounds like Chaddy

I though he played far too narrowly for the first 20 mins which led to city stroking the ball around with ease.

The good thing was he saw when it wasn't working, he changed it with emerton starting to come much wider.

THE 2 jones were best players for us yesterday. Phils surging runs really galvanised the team and gave them confidence and jermaine was everywhere. Covering in front of the back 4 and getting up to support the front 2.

2nd half started well, but Dunn tired quickly. I was then AMAZED that he brought on rochina. I was all in favour of him playing, but I would have taken off Roberts for him. To play him in midfield, when we needed a ball winner was very worrying and unfortunately our fears were realised.

All in all, the players certainly put in a good shift, but we really looked toothless up front. Trying to bully teams off the ball is never going to work against defences like citys, so all that great possession we had never really looked like it would translate into a goal from our strikers.

Poor tactics from kean and I'm praying that he's replaced before it's too late

Attacking midfield players, Dunn has played the Rochina role many times hasn't he?

Just the way I saw things, and I'd much rather have Rochina on for the last 20minutes than Pedersen who's finally been found out.

Just because Dunn has played the Rocinha role, it doesn't mean they're like for like. That would only be relevant if Rocinha had been taken off and Dunn brought on.

The more pertinent question is how many times has Rocinha played as a central midfielder? Because that's what Dunny was playing as last night. Our midfield was already stretched enough as it is with the two up front and being up against Barry and De Jong but we were holding our own. Dunny was playing a deeper role rather than a more advanced role and was very much playing as a central midfielder rather than an attacking midfielder.

Kean then brings on a striker in Rocinha who, while talented, hasn't really displayed many of the attributes we really needed in a situation like that - experience, tenacity, ball winning, sensible distribution. He's got the raw ability of running at people and some good tricks up his sleeve, but is also prone to losing the ball and had already shown defensively his tactics are lacking which is entirely reasonable given the fact he's an inexperienced striker. All those things were evident in the way he lost possession for the goal.

I'm sure in time some of the other attributes will develop, but it was bloody obvious to a lot of fans that move was going to end in tears due to our midfield being lightweight and City looking to press in the final 20. I called it and I'm sure plenty of other Rovers fans called it long before the goal went in. How it's not obvious even in hindsight I don't understand.

It's not even like Kean didnt have any other options. He could've brought Peds in who's well done a solid job in centre mid plenty of times before, or through reshuffling things we could have still brought on Rocinha, stuck him on a wing where he couldve caused City some problems and put Emerton or Phil Jones in centre mid. Any of those would have been infinitely preferable and chances are we wouldve walked out of Ewood with a point.

The team was set up well last night and Kean must have had at least something to do with it, but if he keeps making utterly nonsensical decisions like that which cost us point, it will cancel any good work he's done out and then some.

Archived