BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

He said that losing two games in a row a home would be a huge mental blow for the players, but he has a great group and is sure we will get points against Bolton " I don't think we will have a defeat against Bolton".

Holloway said after the Blackpool match that the comments Kean had made about being sure of beating Blackpool, or something along those lines, had motivated his team talk.

Maybe Kean's current thoughts will similarly motivate Coyle.

I was interested to hear on Radio Rovers that Kean was unwilling to say the Bolton game is a must win one.

He kept on talking about any points gained as positive and being really important.

Not sure but wasn't that City's first away since Boxing day?

Yes. And it was the striker's first goal in the Premier League.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. And it was the striker's first goal in the Premier League.

Is it me, or do ALL these kinds of things seem to go against us?! When I heard City hadn't won for however many matches away I was like - well, that's that then, they will tonight against us.

I don't want to hear any stats about any opposition teams or players anymore!

well it wasn't pal. All I bother about at the minute is getting behind the team and support them till the end of the season. and see where we are then.

I never thought it was you for a second Chaddy, not a single player that we should sign was mentioned.

I honestly think because of Kean we are going down, it does not matter if the players are giving their all, we need a more competent man in charge (as manager) and we simply don't have it.

Interesting to see Jensen more animated on the touchline last night - maybe he realises he can contribute now (not sure if that is a good or bad thing).

Kean is looking more and more edgy and trying to remain overly positive (publicly) however it just doesn't come across as genuine. Not only will Kean be doubting himself the players will be doubting him as they will be fully aware we have not won a match for months - you cannot cover up not winning since January, there is clearly something fundamentally wrong.

Yet another build up to a must win game, this time against Bolton - hope Kean looks at shaking things up in terms of preperation as the players need a winning mentality for this one. There is more to be being a manager than having good training sessions.

Kean and the rovers players have to step up now and be counted! we need the same performance again on Saturday against Bolton!

I really hope that kean picks a positive team and goes 4-4-2 with Hoilett and Olsson wide and attack Bolton down the wings. Bolton full backs don't have pace and our wingers do. could be Bolton weakness! We need RSC to perform and score wouldn't go a miss!

Whether you like the manager or not we have to get behind the team and support them until we are safe.

Sacking Kean and putting Jensen in charge would hardly be a negative move. We haven´t won for over 3 months so there is no question of it backfiring.

We really do look like going down under Kean.

Bolton is pretty much a must-win game. We sure as heck won´t likely win any of the other three games.

Beat Bolton and the whole club, from the fans to the players, will suddenly be able to feel upbeat and positive.

Chaddy, as a mod all posts that i view also show the IP address of the poster. I'm sure it's no surprise to note that you and the new poster have the same IP address.

Wasn't exactly needed due to the fact that it was in the same style as the rest of your posts.

Anyway, as duplicate accounts is against the posting guidelines I guess its time to delete both your accounts. Unless you fancy explaining yourself and letting me know which of your 2 accounts you want me to delete.

Chaddy, as a mod all posts that i view also show the IP address of the poster. I'm sure it's no surprise to note that you and the new poster have the same IP address.

Anyway, as duplicate accounts is against the posting guidelines I guess its time to delete both your accounts. Unless you fancy explaining yourself and letting me know which of your 2 accounts you want me to delete.

:D

He's not alone I can assure you Ricky, now where's Jimmy Crankie :o

He put separate stands on each of his accounts too!

I have a different account but only because I forgot my password to this one a few years back. Always disclosed it though! My brothers on here too :brfc:

Just saying :unsure:

I posted this in the Man City thread. Thought it might apply to this thread as well.

a post from someone on the offical message board. thought they summed it up perfectly

I think it's harsh to say Kean got the tactics wrong when a side that should have buried us on paper needed a debatable goal and the ref to not give a clear penalty to beat us.

I thought we played well, and hope we show the same spirit in the games to come. With the subs, it looked like Dunn had signalled to the bench that he needed to come off a few moments before. Should we have brought on Pedersen instead? No one seems to have been particularly impressed when he has played recently, and Rochina looks lively and like he can make things happen. It was worth a try, and the young lad did make an effort to get stuck in.

And there's been plenty of calls for Kalinic to be put back in the team, some fans were chanting his name earlier in the match and his introduction seemed to be a popular decision at the time. The player himself has been demanding another chance, but then did naff all to show that it's been a mistake to leave him out. It's a no win situation for Kean.

he said he was disappointed with ref'ing decisions and doesn't like to moan about them, it was offside, we should have had pen but then said Kalanic made it hard by staying on his feet.

So Kalinic is to blame when he stays on his feet and he's to blame when he goes down too easy. The kid cannot catch a break.

Kean needs to learn to motivate his players and not throw them under the bus.

So Kalinic is to blame when he stays on his feet and he's to blame when he goes down too easy. The kid cannot catch a break.

Kean needs to learn to motivate his players and not throw them under the bus.

Can't blame Kean For Kalinic - the Blackburn End (and tony gale's mic) were baying for Kalinic last night. Kean granted their wish and Kalinic was awful.

Kean didn't sign him and it's not like he was pulling up any trees before Kean took over and Kean has ruined him. Seven Premiership goals in two seasons and 42 appearances according to Wiki and even Sam had seemingly given up on him.

All that said I'll be delighted if he is drafted in from the start and scores a goal a game for the rest of the season.

Can't see it though. Mame Diouf looks the better player of the two imo when he is interested but he hasn't looked motivated since he was told he wouldn't be staying here next season.

If Kalinic went down there was no way a pen would be given. Barely any contact.

Roberts was actually brought down and a pen was not given.

Also, what do you expect Kalinic to do with about 20 odd minutes at that sort of pace? So after almost two months out thats a fair assessment of the Croatian?

Wasn't exactly needed due to the fact that it was in the same style as the rest of your posts.

Surely your not going to ban him for that - just delete an account. Compared to the amount of slagging / abuse etc others have received on here from other posters - having two accounts has to be the less of an 'offence'.

Archived