BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

Looks like Kean has been spouting more BS. Especially the part about Niko needing more shooting practice. This is the guy that had just scored two goals for his national side against a decent Czech outfit and had scored in his previous prem game.

If anyone needs 'extra' shooting practice it's the strikers that aren't scoring, Roberts and Roque.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely pointless "story" and leaves me wondering if Nixon and Kean are related, such is the positive and sympathetic slant.

Although I can well imagine that the "I sleep like a baby" line was typed with a big grin on his face.

That article did two things, in my opinion: wind people up - mission accomplished - and remind me that there is no Roque this evening. Let's hope Kean hasn't completely destroyed Niko's confidence then...

What a disgraceful thing to say. We are sliding down the table and Im glad our "manager" still sleeps like a baby.

There's a difference between people to make it to the top in life and people who will never even be able to see the top.

He tries to talk a good game but when you cant back it up with any results on the pitch, you just look ridiculous.

Watching the game again on Football First and MOTD is not 'work', how can you analyse a game from 2 mins of highlights?

He hopes the pundits will point out where he is going wrong.

I can just imagine him sat on the edge of his sofa, notebook and pen in hand :lol:

No wonder he sleeps like a baby, he must be pretty happy with life, never seems that upset when we lose plus must be on a decent contract earning good money to take our football club to the Championship.

His agent is also the main football adviser to Venky's and is very close to them (one of the family remember), could life be better for Mr Kean?

Why must everything be taken negatively? So the guy takes his work home with him, after using pro zone and all the high tech gear at Brockhall, he then goes home and watches the game all over again and sleeps like a baby as I am guessing he realises there is more to life than football?

Why must everything be taken negatively? So the guy takes his work home with him, after using pro zone and all the high tech gear at Brockhall, he then goes home and watches the game all over again and sleeps like a baby as I am guessing he realises there is more to life than football?

People are suggesting if Kean is watching MOTD etc, he isn't watching the full match again.

Of course there is more to life than football, but as far as football goes, it probably won't get any better than this for Kean.

Just Nixon under instruction to suit his swiss benefactor imo. There will be an agenda behind this for sure.

Absolutely shameful for Kean to reveal in public that Kalinic is so low on confidence that he has been instructed to do shooting practice into an empty net! He's singled him out for special treatment when he could have said the same thing about all of them.

That will do absolute wonders for kalinic's confidence and I cannot think of another manager who would reveal that sort of stuff in public! It's shameful. The mans an incompetent fool.

Anymore of this and I'll simply have to vote!

ffs imy! He said on the telly this morning that he's not worried about our predicament.

I suppose if I did my job badly but was unsackable then I would also "sleep like a baby".

Very ill timed interview, fans are already angry and comments like this are just going to add fuel to the fire.

Also Alan is just quoting Steve Kean from his press conference, Lancashire telegraph will also have the most likely have same/similar quotes today.

I suppose if I did my job badly but was unsackable then I would also "sleep like a baby".

Very ill timed interview, fans are already angry and comments like this are just going to add fuel to the fire.

Also Alan is just quoting Steve Kean from his press conference, Lancashire telegraph will also have the most likely have same/similar quotes today.

This is my main feeling, also.

It's like he's trying to snipe back at the critics - but it's pointless as 1) he's never going to win, particularly with his horrendous record as Rovers 'manager' 2) he needs to be focussing on organising and motivating his side, rather than trying to wind up our fans, and 3) the only thing it's going to achieve is winding people up. Usually the actions of a desperate man.

The best thing Kean can do right now is shut up, stop trying to sound clever and start trying to obtain some point for our club whilst our destiny is still in our own hands.

Just Nixon under instruction to suit his swiss benefactor imo. There will be an agenda behind this for sure.

Absolutely shameful for Kean to reveal in public that Kalinic is so low on confidence that he has been instructed to do shooting practice into an empty net! He's singled him out for special treatment when he could have said the same thing about all of them.

That will do absolute wonders for kalinic's confidence and I cannot think of another manager who would reveal that sort of stuff in public! It's shameful. The mans an incompetent fool.

Anymore of this and I'll simply have to vote!

I know: ;)

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Blackburn-boss-Sam-Allardyce-tells-Benni-McCarthy-to-get-in-shape-article28858.html

ffs imy! He said on the telly this morning that he's not worried about our predicament.

On the day of a big game I dont expect our manager to say he IS worried about our predicament, he certainly wants to transmit confidence to the players by taking pressure away IMO.

On the first bit, I am assuming you have evidence to back up your claims or have you been watching X-Files again?

""The studious Scot is so switched on to football, he goes through Rovers’ games time and again on the sofa in an effort to find the answers""

If he wants the answers he needs to look in the mirror (small m), not at the TV.

I know: ;)

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Blackburn-boss-Sam-Allardyce-tells-Benni-McCarthy-to-get-in-shape-article28858.html

On the day of a big game I dont expect our manager to say he IS worried about our predicament, he certainly wants to transmit confidence to the players by taking pressure away IMO.

On the first bit, I am assuming you have evidence to back up your claims or have you been watching X-Files again?

If more people were as gullible as you imy the Sport would never have shut down. :P

Take things at face value Drog until solid evidence tells me otherwise, if you want to call that gullible fair enough, my opinion of Kean has not changed but personally cannot see too much wrong with the interview- aside from the timing of it.

He seems to be over analysing things which in turn will leave the players' being pulled in various directions and confused as he changes tactics and approach from week to week.

He needs to forget the in-depth analysis and set out a 5 game plan for getting us enough points to stay up.

Which should start by not having to come from 2-0.

Guest linganzi

will the telegraph spin it in such a provactive way?

if we get a point or three tonight will any cryer come on here teliing us what a gem he is?

Completely pointless "story" and leaves me wondering if Nixon and Kean are related, such is the positive and sympathetic slant.

Although I can well imagine that the "I sleep like a baby" line was typed with a big grin on his face.

That article did two things, in my opinion: wind people up - mission accomplished - and remind me that there is no Roque this evening. Let's hope Kean hasn't completely destroyed Niko's confidence then...

sleeps like a baby? pees ,poops and blubbers then.

That was a completely different situation though. The man obviously had a problem that needed sorted out, Hughes obviously couldn't do it either with dropping or talking to him. Public shame, much like an intervention, is sometimes the only way. It was a motivational issue not confidence.

Speaks volumes that he was still sucking down the bonbons at West Ham.

Saying someone has zero confidence publicly AND adding that you have an international striker shooting into an empty net is about as destructive to a players moral as anything I can think of. That will make him ooze confidence I am sure.

Good to hear that Steve is helping the players 'in a mental way'.

Really, that interview is laughable. He exudes a sense of cluelessness like no other. AGAIN he is going on about how much the players love him. and all this rubbish about Salgado. So much hot air. And wow, he is so dedicated that he watches football first AND match of the day. Im sure his notes make a riveting read.

Also, maybe the fact you never play Kalinic is contributing to his lack of confidence. He did score in his last performance against Villa and now he is so low on confidence that he trains by shooting into an open net. Wow. He is obviously responding really well to your training.

I also like the way he has twisted the Formica situation in the other recent interview. He congratulated the owners on supplying him with 'young players from around the world for the future'. That was not the impression he gave us when he signed and then when he was '2 or 3 weeks from being match fit'.

Stop patronising us Steve, we are not stupid.

Take things at face value Drog until solid evidence tells me otherwise, if you want to call that gullible fair enough, my opinion of Kean has not changed but personally cannot see too much wrong with the interview- aside from the timing of it.

You want evidence? 27 points available--4 achieved? How solid do you need?

Archived