BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

and didn't Jack Walker sack Kidd when we were in the championship and appoint Parkes as caretaker manager until he appoint Souness as manager towards the end of that season, who got us promote the season after.

He sacked him 16 games into the Championship season.

And to quote Jack's words upon his sacking:

"Brian is a first class honest man and we so wanted it work out for him."

Sound familiar?

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kean will still be manager even if we go down

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1379993/Manager-Keans-safe-Blackburn-relegated.html

If we go down then it is the owners and the manager fault for this. You will be to blame for this!

Under SA we would never be in this position at all!!!

Kean will have the shelf life of a turkey on December 24th if we are relegated.

What do you actually expect the owners to say ahead of tomorrow night's crucial game?

"We don't think he's the man for the job and he'll be sacked."

Interesting to see they've again pledged their long term future to the Club. The author of the article might be a tad optimistic by dubbing tomorrow night the battle of the Eastern "billionaires" though.

Sound familiar?

but Jack Walker still sack him cos he wasn't good enough! That my Point!

Kean will have the shelf life of a turkey on December 24th if we are relegated.

What do you actually expect the owners to say ahead of tomorrow night's crucial game?

"We don't think he's the man for the job and he'll be sacked."

The owners shouldn't have done the interview at this stage of the season!

Sound familiar?

I remember reports that Jack hauled the players into a meeting at Brockhall and was quite bitter that they had forced him to sack Kidd who he at least regarded as a decent and honourable man.

Can't say it will reflect any credit at all on the current players either if we go down after having what was it thirty one points from twenty four games and actually taking a respectable ten points from the first seven games under Kean.

If the players don't rate the manager or they think he's an easy touch they won't play for him.

The buck stops with the manager - his man-management, his tactics, how he sets up the team.

Rovers had a good first half to the season because we had a very good manager.

The 3 wins under Kean were against clubs on dreadful runs who were about to sack their managers. It was a false dawn.

Those wins did prove however that even useless managers such as Kean can have a new manager 'bounce,.

when hodgson went, it was deserved, bad signings all over the park and it was'nt drawn out too long, a man that definitely watched another game to the fans in interviews afterwards. Still got time for the man, at least came here with a good cv.

when kidd went it was possibly more deserving of the sack, truly awful signings, too drawn out of a sacking preventing immediate promotion, as i remember fairly blunt in interviews and i still have time for the man probably deserved a crack at management just a shame it was here.

Souness may not have been sacked but was right on the edge when newcastle came in, should have gone 6 months to a year earlier for sure when the stale downward slide really started to look something he had no answers to, but for what he did previously was a brilliant manager for us, and right now i'd have him back in a heartbeat.

Ince, got 17 games should maybe have only had single digits, robbo aside horrible signings, way too gormless, inspired zero confidence, did'nt honestly think we could ever employ anyone worse, absolutely no time for the guy £3m in compo really does'nt sit well after what he did.

Kean, stats wise the worst of the lot, media handling on a par with ince, utterly despise the man, set in stone guarentee he'll never work in the top flight again, never as a manager and i'd be quite sure no real manager wants a backstabber in the coaching staff going to cling, squirm, bull shtt his way into drawing out the last best job he'll ever have until we are royally fubar'd.

I remember reports that Jack hauled the players into a meeting at Brockhall and was quite bitter that they had forced him to sack Kidd who he at least regarded as a decent and honourable man.

That must have been the reason that he turned to Souness. Substitute 'decent and honourable' for 'mean hard basatrd'.

Kean, stats wise the worst of the lot, media handling on a par with ince, utterly despise the man, set in stone guarentee he'll never work in the top flight again, never as a manager and i'd be quite sure no real manager wants a backstabber in the coaching staff going to cling, squirm, bull shtt his way into drawing out the last best job he'll ever have until we are royally fubar'd.

Thats too harsh BRFC...... Arsene Wenger might just see fit to find a place for him at the Arsenal Ladies mind.

• Backroom

For a moment I thought Cohen had a steve kean shirt on when he scored today, confused me for a while till I realised who it was that scored

and didn't Jack Walker sack Kidd when we were in the championship.

can anybody name me a club who went down and kept the manager and got promote the season after? I can't think of one

Birmingham? Or was that two seasons?

and didn't Jack Walker sack Kidd when we were in the championship.

can anybody name me a club who went down and kept the manager and got promote the season after? I can't think of one

Would you count Chris Hughton? Albeit his term was interrupted by the Shearer Saviour attempt.

“Niko must not think he has one game to score a hat-trick or he’ll never play for the club again.”

I just don't understand it he got dropped after he was on a great run, no wonder his confidence is low and having him shoot at an empty net, blimey

everyone in the higher up positions at this club needs to shut up or take a minute to consider whether what they are about to spout out will get a lot of peoples backs up....just do one you f'ing no mark loser, no one cares that salgado is good at cards i care that he can barely sprint, you seriously have a £6m striker shooting at an empty net for his 'confidence' even the under 10 strikers must be embarrassed for him ffs.

IMO, Nixon and Kean are two great bullsh1ters joined at the hip.

Niko out of touch (4 in 6) - WTF does that leave RSC, Benjani & Roberts. Confidence is low, no wonder with your management.

IMO, this article says it all - Kean is like a little boy lost being supported, wherever and for some strange reason, by Nixon.

Totally bizarre and why, IMO, our once great club is struggling and heading for the rocks.

Archived