Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can please yourself sunshine.

Do you think our fantastic new owners will take a game in before the end of the season? You know, it's quite important to us Rovers fans now. Could you make some enquiries perhaps? You must have some contacts nicko?

'Cause from where I'm sat, with mortgages, parachure payments, potentially a cut from Kentaro's transfer dealings and the potential to carry out a fire sale in the summer, I'm afraid I've got that nagging doubt in the back of my mind that they don't actually give a flying feck. Why should I think otherwise?

What with the non sacking of Kean, his ridiculous appointment in the first place on a long term contract, the removal of Williams, the admission that they don't know amything about football. It goes on and on.

Thanks.

you couldn't make this up in your worst nightmare

Hopefully it won't get that far.

We could have Ali Syed as our owner- now that should send shivers down your spine. Have a look at the other thread and the links provided, I have spent some time looking at the sites and am genuinely relieved that we have dodged a bullet here- our owners are naive but they are honest business people who dont defraud people, they have been disastrous so far but have potential to be good.

We could have Ali Syed as our owner- now that should send shivers down your spine. Have a look at the other thread and the links provided, I have spent some time looking at the sites and am genuinely relieved that we have dodged a bullet here- our owners are naive but they are honest business people who dont defraud people, they have been disastrous so far but have potential to be good.

And that causes me to feel a [very] modest amount of hope.

So it was the rock or the hard place.

The 'very good manager' you are refering to is presumably Sam Allardyce.

Can I just ask...what striker did he think would be the answer to your prayers in January?

Sam Allardyce would have kept us up this season easily. Surely nicko you will accept this. SA got the best out of the team and played a certain way to play to our strenghts.

I believe that Sam wanted Carlton Cole or RSC or John Carew for the striker target. Also He would have played to the strikers strenghts. Kean ISN'T playing to the strenghts of RSC. RSC needs crossers in the box and that what Hughes did when he was here cos DB and MGP provide them for him.

To be fair they did spend half of that on two prospects, one of whom seems very good.

Ruben does seem a good player but can't really judged him on one game. need to see this over a season.

blackpool got a very winnable home game to the barcodes saturday, wigan have every chance against a rapidly falling apart sunderland on saturday,and wolves are home to fulham which does'nt seem too daunting.

Pressure on monday night could be intolerable, actually now despise my own teams manager but has to have nothing but backing on the night, and given both barrels straight after if the result and performance are as abject as 90% of his previous games. Consequences for the remaining 4 games if results go wrong elsewhere saturday (would'nt put it past wham to beat chelsea at the minute as well) and us getting done 3 or 4 nil monday which seems highly likely should really give the owners a shiver down the spine and hopefully introduce some urgency, even if there was only 1 game left it still would'nt be a mistake to do the sensible thing and sack him........quite literally no one could do a worse job when the bar has been set so, so low.

40stevekeandec2010.jpg

picture the sportinglife website uses really does make the fella look shifty

our owners are naive but they are honest business people who dont defraud people, they have been disastrous so far but have potential to be good.

Naive? Blimey.

Let's say I bought a Cattery, you know, for cats. (I hate cats. I'm allergic for heaven's sake but that's just me). I buy the place, then admit to knowing nothing about the business or cats. I sack the manager (I have no idea if he is doing a good job, but I do take on the advice of someone who will look to supply me with some new cats for the Cattery and obviously they'll give me good advice, so I appoint one of their managers, who has never run a Cattery either). I then sack the Chairman of the Cattery (do Catteries have Chairmen? Anyway, this one does). I don't check whether he is a good Chairman or anything, again my new supplier of cats (and my new manager) told me it would be a good idea. I didn't think to ask anyone else, like the patrons. I then go and spend a stupid amount of money that takes me well over budget in an attempt to better the place. That fails as does my new manager. I see no need to change anything, or even show my face in the business, but I do tell everyone that I give a damn.

Never mind naive - we're looking at negligence here.

Naive? Blimey.

Let's say I bought a Cattery, you know, for cats. (I hate cats. I'm allergic for heaven's sake but that's just me). I buy the place, then admit to knowing nothing about the business or cats. I sack the manager (I have no idea if he is doing a good job, but I do take on the advice of someone who will look to supply me with some new cats for the Cattery and obviously they'll give me good advice, so I appoint one of their managers, who has never run a Cattery either). I then sack the Chairman of the Cattery (do Catteries have Chairmen? Anyway, this one does). I don't check whether he is a good Chairman or anything, again my new supplier of cats (and my new manager) told me it would be a good idea. I didn't think to ask anyone else, like the patrons. I then go and spend a stupid amount of money that takes me well over budget in an attempt to better the place. That fails as does my new manager. I see no need to change anything, or even show my face in the business, but I do tell everyone that I give a damn.

Never mind naive - we're looking at negligence here.

The important question is - Do you have an adequate kitty though?

Guest linganzi

I like cats , and dogs for that matter.

There is only one journo that rates kean and he makes sure he shouts about it among the fragile minds on here, his 'articles' often are a lot tamer than opinions on here

Proper dogs mind, not yappy ones

I like cats , and dogs for that matter.

There is only one journo that rates kean and he makes sure he shouts about it among the fragile minds on here, his 'articles' often are a lot tamer than opinions on here

Proper dogs mind, not yappy ones

Stop being a pussy and tell us how you really feel.

Archived