SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it correspond with yours, Rev? It would seem so, judging by your standard patter. Shameful...

Good to see my stalker is alive and well. Then again it is the school holidays............

:tu:

I have disagreed strongly with nicko in the past about various stories he's run and because they disagree with his current viewpoint it seems people are starting to wake up to the fact that he's a tabloid journalist who has to have articles of interest printed in order to put food on the table in the Nixon household so to speak. (Not that I'm insinuating for one second that he is either skint or not extremely good at what he does)

Nicko has no particular allegiance to anyone club (apart from maybe Partick Thistle) and doesn't care who he upsets with his stories (as long as they get printed).

Nor should he. Nor should we necessarily agree with everything he writes either. Completely unfair to call for him to be banished to the wilderness on the basis of this though. He's only relaying Kean's views. Although if you were taking an extreme anti nicko view point you might argue the story was being run simply to antagonise Rovers fans and whip up ill feeling even more.

Do I agree with what is attributed to Kean in the article? No. Criticism of Kean is not unfair given the results.

Do I think Kean will be replaced before the end of the season? No, but a real drubbing on Monday night might yet cause a rethink imo.

fair enough, I don't really care what Nicko says one way or another. I'm more bothered about what's going on at the club and what Kean is coming out with in the Nicko article. That's worse than any spin Nicko put on it. The quotes speak for themselves. We've got a delusional manager who is getting riled by what he reads in the papers and by the fans.

Time to go, Baldy.

fair enough, I don't really care what Nicko says one way or another. I'm more bothered about what's going on at the club and what Kean is coming out with in the Nicko article. That's worse than any spin Nicko put on it. The quotes speak for themselves. We've got a delusional manager who is getting riled by what he reads in the papers and by the fans.

Time to go, Baldy.

Like the Rao's interview on Granada, I think Kean would have been better off not giving this particular interview at all.

However, having elected to give it, I don't think he could have said anything much different. (From his point of view, and again much like the Rao's)

I don't see much in that article to castigate Nicko for. It is mainly just quotes from Kean and Dunn.

Don't disagree with what you say at all, however nicko either knows roughly what Kean is going to say in advance or can choose not to run it.

Actions speak louder than words, and until we climb away from danger with a few wins, Kean will keep on getting it in the neck. To bin the manager and assistant manager and appoint the coach as manager instead; And to stick with him for 3 months while he doesn't win a single game is unprecedented.

Kean can't spin his way out of that, his has been a poor appointment and Nicko coming on here saying he "can't type for laughing" after 0-0 at Arsenal just about sums the fellow up.

Maybe Kean Should Take A Leaf Out of Martin Allen's book

Never seen a manager write an open letter before!

That guy is a breath of fresh air. Maybe a little too honest. (See the story of his phone call to the club - describes the players "hugging each othe very, very closely"!

Btw, can someone remind me, is Allen picking up the pieces after Ince?? :rolleyes:

Nixon is, I suppose, your typical little gossip hack. the way he plays devils advocate with our feelings just to route out sources for ta is a disgrace.

It's not a two way street, he dines of information on here and in return we put dairy in him we wait up to hear news we already knew

He plays advocate with kean too, why ?

Move on Nixon, you are not in any way welcome

Pathetic attitude. Nicko has just reported a story. Players are not going to come out and say "yes kean must go". even if that is how they feel or even think about Kean. There is pressure on Kean and rightly so. There is complaints about Venkys and understandable so. There is nothing bad in the article for you to throw your teddy out the pram. As to playing with supporters feelings, well that is just plain dumb in my opinion. He has written an article about the situation. It is his job to do so. Making implied threats on a message board is what is disgraceful - no poster on here should have that. YOUR RIGHT, AND ITS BEEN REMOVED (HEMELROVER)

Nixon is, I suppose, your typical little gossip hack. the way he plays devils advocate with our feelings just to route out sources for ta is a disgrace.

It's not a two way street, he dines of information on here and in return we put dairy in him we wait up to hear news we already knew

He plays advocate with kean too, why ?

Move on Nixon, you are not in any way welcome

I really can't see why you should get upset over the article. Alan Nixon is a professional journalist. He earns his living by putting stories in the papers and for that he needs good contacts. Clearly, Kean is someone who will give him a story and, in return, Nixon will do a piece that puts him in a more favourable light. Nixon is neither pro nor anti Rovers. I suspect he would prefer the Rovers to be in the Premier League as it is easier to get stories in the papers when the club is in the top flight. Thus managers like Owen Coyle and Steve Kean, people who he clearly has a good relationship with, are an important source of information.

Personally, and I speak as someone who really can't abide Kean, I couldn't see what harm the article does anybody. The manager is beginning to feel under pressure, is trying to defend himself and there are quotes from Dunny supporting the manager. I would have thought that to be pretty standard reporting, considering the position we are in. Clearly the club are looking to put out whatever positive PR they can and the players, as club employees, will be used to do that. Only their family and friends will know their true feelings on the situation.

As for his posts on this messageboard, again I don't see the problem. It's a messageboard that is open to all. I find his posts interesting and worth reading. I don't always agree with them, but that's the point of the messageboard - to have a civilised debate about differing viewpoints.

Guest linganzi

In not speaking for the board, and I'm entitled to my opinion. It's not solely this article, its his general attitude , especially the unhealthy kean praise, like me or anyone its not the time nor the place , we are hurting perhaps because of kean and when kean does one good act I'm ten up Nixon pops praising him to high heaven.

As for contributon to the board, I offer nothing. But I don't pretend to. If you want me to keep you up at night while you wait for me to announce something you pretty much know already I can do

In not speaking for the board, and I'm entitled to my opinion. It's not solely this article, its his general attitude , especially the unhealthy kean praise, like me or anyone its not the time nor the place , we are hurting perhaps because of kean and when kean does one good act I'm ten up Nixon pops praising him to high heaven.

As for contributon to the board, I offer nothing. But I don't pretend to. If you want me to keep you up at night while you wait for me to announce something you pretty much know already I can do

Dont think Nicko is in a position to slate the guy in the press at this moment in time, do you. As the damage seems to have been done with the owners unwilling to change him in the short term at least.

So why not try and bull the guy up (Kean) influence a sizeable proportion of the Ewood crowd, hopefully neutralising any protests for this moment in time at least and try to get the results that we so desperately need.

We all need to pull together and if Kean isnt capable or struggling then we all have to put in that little bit of effort where applicable to get the first team over the winning line and ensure premiership football for next season.

Senior people at the club players, coaches, etc need to step up to the plate now, and show what they are made of and not just sit by and watch as others maybe struggle, as this is no longer an option any employee can take .

Guest linganzi

Yes I accept I got carried away, I do have a slight caveat for it but I won't use it in public . Thankfully an edit made me seem slightly more reasonable

Guest linganzi

Dont think Nicko is in a position to slate the guy in the press at this moment in time, do you. As the damage seems to have been done with the owners unwilling to change him in the short term at least.

So why not try and bull the guy up (Kean) influence a sizeable proportion of the Ewood crowd, hopefully neutralising any protests for this moment in time at least and try to get the results that we so desperately need.

We all need to pull together and if Kean isnt capable or struggling then we all have to put in that little bit of effort where applicable to get the first team over the winning line and ensure premiership football for next season.

Senior people at the club players, coaches, etc need to step up to the plate now, and show what they are made of and not just sit by and watch others struggle .

Yes yes and yes

But we are deep involved in this, its part of our lives, its just nickos job, for us rovers isn't a choice . Dipping in on here now and then to praise kean for one point in many doesn't help.

We all know your wife is sleeping with your brother, shall I knock on your door out of the blue and point out 'yes its true but she makes a good cup of tea '

Guest linganzi

Well done for apologizing not easy to admit some times.

we all should do it more, we all make,mistakes every day. I'm only apologizing for my tone though not my opinion

If this week has done anything it seems to have ensured the penny has finally dropped through Kean's bubble- if it makes a jot of difference we'll see.

Not sure I get that one Matty?

Archived