BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

You only sack a manager outside a transfer window if you think he has lost the backing of the players and that needs to be changed.

This is NOT the case at Rovers.

There is little point changing managers at this stage when the root problem is that you struggle to score goals...and you can't find that solution outside a transfer window.

So you make the best of what you have. You are struggling and will continue to struggle because you have not got a goalscorer.

That's a football analysis of where you are.

Rather than the hysterics that have been going on here for months.

It is odd that you look round the bottom half of the Premier League where EVERY club is in trouble and only one has had this level of tripe talked about it in the same period.

Wolves stay solid, West Ham have been less mental than usual, Wigan seem to have found a bit of fire, Blackpool are still in a state of shock about being there, Birmingham City know what they are.

Only Sunderland make murmurings and that is nothing on the scale of the 'noise' coming out about the new Rovers regime since they came in.

Odd.

Nicko only sack a manager outside the window that's rubbish and you know it WBA good example..its allabout results wether you have the backing of the players or not ????

As Kean the backing of the players ?? well it didnt look that way to me at Goodison last Saturday probably 3 or 4 at best were giving 100%

The fact of the matter is no wins in 10 should only mean 1 outcome Kean and Jensen are got rid of end of argument !

But seeing as they're gonna keep these tacticlly aware and good management skill men we can only hope we pull something out of the ordinary and upset the form guide to stay up then surely they'll have to be replaced in the summer

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the record, there is no 'special relationship' between the manager and me.

The story this morning was from his mouth - and from David Dunn's.

There is a fair amount of anger within the club about the sniping that has been going on.

Many of the rumours put about have been downright lies and spread by people with an agenda.

However the bottom line is you get judged by results and they have NOT been good enough.

There are many who were anti Kean from the start because it suited their agendas too.

Pardon me for giving him a chance.

it seems like its you having the agenda, fluffing stevie boy every chance you get.. infact you are the only one, who haves a motive/agenda, as you rely on getting your stories..

giving him a chance, hehe yeah lets call it that.. how about i hand over the car keys, to the child next door and say here you go.. And if the child drives of a cliff, ill just do like you and utterly stupid state, well atleast i gave the child a chance..

the fact is, the child should never have been given the keys and thats the ###### problem, something you conviently forget to adress. kean the child should never be in the driver seat.

it seems like its you having the agenda, fluffing stevie boy every chance you get.. infact you are the only one, who haves a motive/agenda, as you rely on getting your stories..

giving him a chance, hehe yeah lets call it that.. how about i hand over the car keys, to the retard next door and say here you go.. And if the retard drives of a cliff, ill just do like you and utterly stupid state, well atleast i gave the retard a chance..

the fact is, the retard should never have been given the keys and thats the ###### problem, something you conviently forget to adress. kean the retard should never be in the driver seat.

:angry: there's no need for that.

Sadly I doubt it will do. I assume Kean was trying to win football matches before this week, and I'm sure he'll try to win football matches after this week.

In my non-expert opinion, I think to be considered a competent PL manager one need a win record around 30-35% or above. Kean is at about 20%. If he survives until the end of the season he'll have had 21 PL matches as manager. He has 3 PL wins to date.

Kean needs 3-4 wins within the next 5 matches to get to that "competent" percentage. I think it critical for his future career that he get those wins. Rightly or wrongly there is a view that he got his chance due to shenanigans rather than merit. I agree with you that he'll try to win. He has incentive if he wants to be here next season, or have equivalent options elsewhere.

I just don't think he's up for it. Or if he is, the players have let him down. Take your pick.

If Kean had proved to be reasonably competent and kept Rovers in a secure mid-table position (not an unreasonable expectation given the first half of the season) we would not be having this debate and the continuing comparisons with the previous manager.

Everyone was prepared to give Kean a chance and most people would have been delighted if he had been a success. But he's blown his chance in a big way, put the future of the club at risk and compounded it by making silly statements after matches and at his press conferences.

Well said. For the record, I was angered and fearful as a result of Sam's sacking. But that was tempered with some hope, in that maybe Venkys would spend and bring in a manager with a 'top' reputation. That hope was dashed, and the anger and fear resurfaced, when Kean was appointed. Even then, I swallowed my ire and doubt to give the man a chance. While his WBA wins looked a bit shaky to me, his Liverpool win was excellent. A long run on no wins took the shine off that excellent performance. The Arsenal raised the prospect that he could do the job. That was tarnished by failing to capitalize on that performance and win something despite opportunities for the taking.

I'm unaware of anyone being anti-Kean because he's Kean. I'm anti-Kean, as I assume are others, based on the damage his tenure is causing to the club. If he posts some wins between now and the end of the season, perhaps he could win a few supporters back. But he also needs to restore his credibility and stop talking nonsense at his "pressers".

Personally, though, I hope he is replaced this instant as I don't think he has the ability.

There is little point changing managers at this stage when the root problem is that you struggle to score goals...and you can't find that solution outside a transfer window.

So you make the best of what you have. You are struggling and will continue to struggle because you have not got a goalscorer.

I believe it wrong, though I respect both your analysis and your contribution to the board.

Sam was performing at a higher level than Kean with NO investment. That being the case, the replacement of Sam with Kean seems to be the root problem, not our striker selections.

On that note, do you know why is Kean not playing Niko? I've read rumors ranging from Kean is throwing a tantrum as Niko doesn't respect him to Niko can't hit the broadside of a barn (which is strange considering that his goal per minute ratio is allegedly the best on the squad).

You only sack a manager outside a transfer window if you think he has lost the backing of the players and that needs to be changed.

This is NOT the case at Rovers.

Rather than the hysterics that have been going on here for months.

It is odd that you look round the bottom half of the Premier League where EVERY club is in trouble and only one has had this level of tripe talked about it in the same period.

Wolves stay solid, West Ham have been less mental than usual, Wigan seem to have found a bit of fire, Blackpool are still in a state of shock about being there, Birmingham City know what they are.

Only Sunderland make murmurings and that is nothing on the scale of the 'noise' coming out about the new Rovers regime since they came in.

Odd.

Thats an interesting appraisal of the situation.

We were looking relatively comfortable with an experienced manager and the prospect of new owners with money and ambition in early december and now we are staring down the barrel of a gun on the brink of relegation, with a team on its worst run in 25 years. A team that look appalling and totally bereft of ideas, that have gone 10 games without a win and don't look like getting one anytime soon. Add to that, the fact that the experienced manager was replaced by an absolute newbie with absolutely no clue of what he is doing and a penchant for spouting delusional codswallop to the country's media at every possible juncture. Add also the loss of our chairman and a transfer window where the bulk of our funds were spent on a player who barely features in the reserves and a crocked striker who is yet to score. Also, the fans opinion seems to be falling on deaf ears and when you consider that relegation could spell disaster. I think all things considered, the 'noise' is rather understandable.

Even if he had done a half-decent job and and combined reasoanble results with "entertaining" football (part of his remit apparently) alot of fans would be giving him the benefit of the doubt.

That's true, but you wouldn't have been one of them.

I remember when we did beat Liverpool, you were more interested in slagging off Kean than enjoying the result.

Personally, though, I hope he is replaced this instant as I don't think he has the ability.

I believe it wrong, though I respect both your analysis and your contribution to the board.

Sam was performing at a higher level than Kean with NO investment. That being the case, the replacement of Sam with Kean seems to be the root problem, not our striker selections.

On that note, do you know why is Kean not playing Niko? I've read rumors ranging from Kean is throwing a tantrum as Niko doesn't respect him to Niko can't hit the broadside of a barn (which is strange considering that his goal per minute ratio is allegedly the best on the squad).

apparently they had an argument on the way to wigan and Kean won't swallow his pride and pick Croatias leading goalscorer...............man management skills ???? another Kean own goal it seems..

Out of order Greco, no need for personal attacks.

haha and thats coming from a man, who just loves sam the man and created a whole thread based upon one thing, to bash his own daddy.

forget my previous post about the retard and aubstitute the retard with imy, that would just furhter prove my point.

hahahahahaha now imy is complaining about, im calling my neighbour a retard.

That's true, but you wouldn't have been one of them.

I remember when we did beat Liverpool, you were more interested in slagging off Kean than enjoying the result.

You were quick enough to criticise the previous manager on many occasions however seem very defensive of the current one, interesting that - who do you think was better for this football club out of interest?

On Kean, everyone deserves a chance however it is very rare that a coach can step up to manager in the Premier League and immediately be a success - experience is important in football management, especially at the top level, plus in recent years we have seen "coaches" manage Rovers and been complete failures.

For me, the worry from the outset was that a complete novice managing an average group of players could put us in trouble.

You were quick enough to criticise the previous manager on many occasions however seem very defensive of the current one, interesting that - who do you think was better for this football club out of interest?

I'm not defensive at all, John. I just don't appreciate the hypocrisy which blights this forum.

You can say I was "Anti-Allardyce" if it helps you label people. I wanted Sam to replace Ince and I backed him last season. Sure, I thought it would be best for him to move on at the end of the season (if Venky's were serious about taking us forward).

I said from the very outset that the odds were stacked against Kean. Few PL assistants make PL managers, but I gave him a chance, and I enjoyed the performances against WBA & Liverpool. So credit where credit's due. I just think it's a cheek for someone like Jim to preach about giving the benefit of the doubt.

haha and thats coming from a man, who just loves sam the man and created a whole thread based upon one thing, to bash his own daddy.

forget my previous post about the retard and aubstitute the retard with imy, that would just furhter prove my point.

hahahahahaha now imy is complaining about, im calling my neighbour a retard.

Seriously? :wstu:

giving him a chance, hehe yeah lets call it that.. how about i hand over the car keys, to the "child" next door and say here you go.. And if the "child" drives of a cliff, ill just do like you and utterly stupid state, well atleast i gave the "child" a chance..

the fact is, the "child" should never have been given the keys and thats the ###### problem, something you conviently forget to adress. kean the "child" should never be in the driver seat.

Is there a 'translate' button anywhere?

The results of the poll are so one sided that if they were election results most people would argue that the election were rigged...

Whether we stay up or get relegated Kean has to go. He has been given enough chances and has proved to be an incompetent manager.

Our 'root problem' is not having a goalscorer?!

If that's your opinion as an outsider who doesn't see many matches, fair enough, but you need to take more notice of the people who pay money to go and watch this tripe and see exactly what the 'root problems' indeed are.

What about the lack of motivation in the players?

What about the shocking leaking of goals, due to a failure to instruct his defence correctly?

The tactical errors that a rookie manager will always make?

The failure to organise a side to even create chances for whoever is playing up front?

Sam's side (same players) usually had one man up front and we still managed to create more chances than what Kean's does - because they were set up and organised properly.

Against Everton, our most recent game, we had one shot on target - and that came in the 88th minute.

That is a disgrace, not that we don't have Darren Bent up front.

Archived