BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

He intimated that he thought Kean was going to be staying next year and that the Indians really like him. Only names he'd heard as possible replacements were Benitez and laudrup who both appparently have SEM connections.

I wouldn't be surprise if Kean is replace in the summer. No surprise that if ML and RB have SEM connections that they have been linked.

Anybody think Steve McClaren would be a good choice? did well at boro and won league cup there and got them to a UEFA cup final. well at FC Twente and got them the first league title in history.

Laudrup team Real Mallorca are 9th in league and he has not spend a money and only sign one player. so he has done a excellent job and with all the financial problems they have got aswell.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody think Steve McClaren would be a good choice? did well at boro and won league cup there and got them to a UEFA cup final. well at FC Twente and got them the first league title in history.

Heaven forbid chaddy. Is that the best option that we can muster?

If Venky's are going to stick with Kean, come hell or high water, then it's imperative we hire a Director of Football in the summer. Someone who knows the game and can complement Kean's lack of experience. Kean more or less admitted he was a fish out of water in the transfer market, and it would help to have a director who communicate with Venky's on the football side, without Kean having to jet out to Pune every month.

If Venky's are going to stick with Kean, come hell or high water, then it's imperative we hire a Director of Football in the summer. Someone who knows the game and can complement Kean's lack of experience. Kean more or less admitted he was a fish out of water in the transfer market, and it would help to have a director who communicate with Venky's on the football side, without Kean having to jet out to Pune every month.

I thought Rafa has been lined up for next season?

Here's how I see it:

Benitez: Managed and won 350 out of 670 matches, win percentage 52.24%.

Laudrup: Managed and won 94 out of 182 matches, win percentage 51.65%.

Allardyce: Managed and won 293 out of 731 matches, win percentage 40.08%.

Kean: Managed and won 5 out of 21 matches, win percentage 23.81%.

I'm not an expert in football (or much else) but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out a change is needed.

To be honest those are not really good statistics to compare any of those managers. After all it depends on what players you have available. Of course Rafa should be at the top as he has had the best palyers available to him - whereas kean has probable had the worse in comparison. You can only manage the players you have and not those you do not. I want Kean out as much as anybody else on here.

To be honest those are not really good statistics to compare any of those managers. After all it depends on what players you have available. Of course Rafa should be at the top as he has had the best palyers available to him - whereas kean has probable had the worse in comparison. You can only manage the players you have and not those you do not. I want Kean out as much as anybody else on here.

The gulf in win %'s in so large as to be significant despite the confounding factors of squad quality.

BFS had the same squad.

That man Topman you allude to would be Jerome Anderson of Kentaro, same thing just that its done in a slightly different way.

Why can't he wait until the end of the season, he needs to be totally focused on what is happening on the pitch rather than jetting of to Pune at such a crucial stage:

Kean Scheduled To Meet Owners After West Ham Game

Mo doubt I'll be accused of being a Venky's stooge again but I can't see any particular problem with that.

I presume Kean has to fly from Heathrow so the day after playing a London game seems the logical time to do it.

The players probably wouldn't be in training until Tuesday at earliest and we're not playing until Saturday. Managers don't always take every training session.

And Kean certainly won't want to be flying out to that meeting on the back of a defeat and us chucked back into the thick of it so if anything it should act as a spur to all concerned.

Why can't he wait until the end of the season, he needs to be totally focused on what is happening on the pitch rather than jetting of to Pune at such a crucial stage:

Kean Scheduled To Meet Owners After West Ham Game

Could be an interesting meeting on the back of a 4-0 defeat but seeing as he's God's gift to management after masterminding a first win in 3 months Venky's have probably lined up a contract extension for him.

Wonder if RFW is flying off to the USA to crawl to United's owners after the match at Ewood ? Nah, didn't think so.

Wonder if RFW is flying off to the USA to crawl to United's owners after the match at Ewood ? Nah, didn't think so.

Grrr........ Jim's fishing but I'll bite - again. :rolleyes:

Can't win either way in that respect can they.

They don't attend matches at Ewood. People moan.

They arrange regular face to face meetings with the manager to try and get a proper feel for what's going on. People moan.

And Kean certainly won't want to be flying out to that meeting on the back of a defeat and us chucked back into the thick of it so if anything it should act as a spur to all concerned.

That actually is a bit of a silver lining.

They don't attend matches at Ewood. People moan.

They arrange regular face to face meetings with the manager to try and get a proper feel for what's going on. People moan.

Do you suppose people might not moan if: 1) they attended matches (i.e. demonstrated their attachment/interest in the club on a regular basis); and/or, they flew into Blackburn to attend these monthly meetings?

That actually is a bit of a silver lining.

Do you suppose people might not moan if: 1) they attended matches (i.e. demonstrated their attachment/interest in the club on a regular basis); and/or, they flew into Blackburn to attend these monthly meetings?

The fans would probably have hurled abuse at them had they attended matches recently and I don't think it's reasonable to expect them to be at every game from India but yes, they could attend some games and maybe the monthly meetings with Kean could be done alternately one over here, one over there to coincide with home games or something.

What they should do is employ a full time representative to attend games and be on the Board.

Don't think the Trustees attended many games but they had David Brown on the Board as their link between them and the Board and attending games. Very pleasant man indeed.

I'm sorry Rev, flying out to India at thisstage is ridiculous.

In an international break, maybe, if we were safe, If you must.

But now?

Kean is doing what he's told, it is Venky's that need to get a grip.

Would it really be too much for even ONE of the family to jet in for talks? This is their club, after all, and I sincerely doubt their business will collapse without them. It doesn't reflect well on them as owners.

Grrr........ Jim's fishing but I'll bite - again. :rolleyes:

Can't win either way in that respect can they.

They don't attend matches at Ewood. People moan....IF THEY CARED ENOUGH ABOUT THE CLUB THEY WOULD ATTEND !!!!

They arrange regular face to face meetings with the manager to try and get a proper feel for what's going on. People moan....... STUPID THIS DAY AND AGE WITH SKYPE ETC!!!

I aint been online proper since the win but (not read this site either so if its been mentioned i apologise!) there was not one person in the ground chanting steve keans blue n white army ,even when we was winning.Speaks volumes.

I aint been online proper since the win but (not read this site either so if its been mentioned i apologise!) there was not one person in the ground chanting steve keans blue n white army ,even when we was winning.Speaks volumes.

They were chanting that in the DE prior to the match - can't recollect it during the match though.

Archived