BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] PROTEST!

BPF

I can't understand why people want to protest now, with 5 games to go. So close to the end of the season. To me it would seem sensible to get behind the team, the club, and get the wins we need to stay in the Premier League. To me, clearing out the manager and his staff now would be an even bigger gamble then not.

There is no guarantee that Big Sam would have kept us up, we could well have been in the same position - our drubbing at Man United, and some other bad results under Sam suggested that we would have a long hard season.

I understand that people are frustrated, but it just seems badly timed. We need our fans to continue creating an atmosphere on match-day that will motivate everyone to want to win!

I think that Bryan Douglas talks a lot of sense in the LEP.

We wouldn't have one ONE game in the last three months under the last manager? That one win would have had us almost there, the dislike of Allardyce from so folk is so strong it corrupts peoples rational thought.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no guarantee that Big Sam would have kept us up, we could well have been in the same position - our drubbing at Man United, and some other bad results under Sam suggested that we would have a long hard season.

21 points from 17 games suggested you are very wrong. That works out at 47 points over a season; comfortable survival.

We haven't won for 10 games. What's the lose by trying someone else? It's not a gamble if you have nothing to lose. Kean is obviously not up to it, nobody could do any worse.

Hogdson brought about instant change to West Brom's fortunes, winning 3 and drawing 4 out of his first 7 games. Proper managers can do that to a club, not like the fraud we have.

It is a fair comment, however not necessarily realistic.

If it had worked out like that for Blackpool, they would be above us - but instead, they haven't changed a thing, management, players, owners, but now they sit below us...

It has also been the closest relegation fight in Premier League history. We would have been hitting well above average in order not to have been involved.

I'm not saying Kean is good enough, I'm only suggesting that maybe with 5 games to go we should be giving our full support. We have have already had an overhaul of management this season, and personally I don't think another one at this stage will help.

If this bad run had seen us fall to the bottom of the table, I would see your point but the fact Kean has overseen such a hideous set of results and we are still outside the relgation zone just shows where the actual management skills of Allardyce could have taken us.

Possibly, we just don't know. I feel that 3 points is more important then a protest on Monday. If fans are more interested in protesting I think that it will set us back a week, which I don't think we can afford right now. We would be essentially writing off the city game.

Understand that the plans are to make the section in front of the official entrance a 'no go area' from about 6.30 until after the match when all the crowds have dispersed.

Seemingly, there is a degree of 'panic' within Ewood and they are expecting the worst both inside and outside the ground.

Most of the big mouths on here wouldn't know how to protest if it hit them in the face, so talking about such things is irrelevant. I’ve read several posts regarding protests from people who are not even in the country for goodness sake.

That’s how stupid this thread is for me.

In view of events since December it's amazing that apparently intelligent people could actually post this sort of stuff.

In view of events since December it's amazing that apparently intelligent people could actually post this sort of stuff.

We all can't be wrong Jim, or can we :P

You'll be on Nutall Street Monday night I presume?

This from a man who spoke about relegation while Sam was still in charge?

You mean he tried to jump ship in the summer.

Big deal, the argument was never about Sam was especially loyal to our club, it was about him being a good manager. I wouldnt have blamed him for wanting to leave a team with no money to spend for pastures new. That would have been a perfectly sane move by Sam.

I was referring to the rumours that Venky's wanted rid of Sam - a move which has since proved to be an insane one.

Considering there were lots of rumours about Sam's departure before he actually left, and given the amount of warning signs displayed by Venky's even before the sacking, it was a pretty fair call.

This was before the Venky's takeover.

Understandably, there is huge debate on the core and periphery of this.

In essence, IMO, it boils down to one simple question - would Rovers be better off without Kean at the helm for the rest of the season.

If the answer to this is 'Yes', then supporters should protest for all they are worth.

And yes, there are people who could step into the breach for the last five matches and, IMO, do a better job.

Most of the big mouths on here wouldn't know how to protest if it hit them in the face, so talking about such things is irrelevant. I’ve read several posts regarding protests from people who are not even in the country for goodness sake.

That’s how stupid this thread is for me.

So youre saying you dont know how to protest?

Archived