BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] PROTEST!

BPF

<br /><br />

I understand fully. The season is not over yet. Protests are not going to achieve anything. What happened tonight may even give venkys an idea to remove the statue of Uncle Jack.<br />

Venkys are not going to listen - they intend doing it their way and nothing is going to stop them. They will not remove Kean, at least this season. they themselves are not going anywhere - unless somebody buys them out. Is that going to happen.<br />

You may well be right but this should not stop people voicing their opinion. The difficulty I have with the "how the players feel" arguement is this; the whole BBE sang for Kalinic to be introduced at the expense of Benjamin or Roberts, both were doing well. This went on for sometime, must be great to be on the pitch and hear the support sing for you to be replaced? Yet those who criticise fans who wish to protest against the owners don't criticise this action - which surely has precisely the impact you object to during the match.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You posted a photo of yourself on this website so I know what a prat looks like thank you.

Still feeling good about yourself after celebrating the removal of "slug face" (your words) Sam Allardyce.

Your knowledge of football is in inverse proportion to the size of your beer gut.

:lol: What a great post. Wouldn't worry about the anti-protest people on here. I don't remember them complaining about the muppets who turned up with in the Riverside with a "Big Sam out" banner halfway through last season.

:lol: What a great post. Wouldn't worry about the anti-protest people on here. I don't remember them complaining about the muppets who turned up with in the Riverside with a "Big Sam out" banner halfway through last season.

Great post is it b+w? An insult, then a lie, then another personal insult. Were you the one climbing on Uncle Jack's head last night?

Says a lot about our fans that it went off so quietly given the situation we are in. Something to be proud of I think putting ourselves second and the team first. I don't think we would have seen that performance last night if things had kicked off from the supporters.

Great post is it b+w? An insult, then a lie, then another personal insult. Were you the one climbing on Uncle Jack's head last night?

You started it, calling him a prat and labelling the protestors spotty kids. I just thought that was a great comeback.

Nope, nor was I doing it after the Burnley win last season when the precedent was set and it was just as disrespectful. Nobody complained about it then though, presumably as it wasn't useful as ammunition.

Nope, nor was I doing it after the Burnley win last season when the precedent was set and it was just as disrespectful. Nobody complained about it then though, presumably as it wasn't useful as ammunition.

Maybe nobody noticed, but I'm confident most people would have been equally as offended.

You may well be right but this should not stop people voicing their opinion. The difficulty I have with the "how the players feel" arguement is this; the whole BBE sang for Kalinic to be introduced at the expense of Benjamin or Roberts, both were doing well. This went on for sometime, must be great to be on the pitch and hear the support sing for you to be replaced? Yet those who criticise fans who wish to protest against the owners don't criticise this action - which surely has precisely the impact you object to during the match.

That is also a fair point. Singing for a player to replace another who is currently on the pitch, I suppose could also have a detrimentle effect. To be honest, a point I had not considered.

I went to have a look... the principle of voicing the concerns was right and at the right time (end of game), but it did get a little silly when people ran in front of the camera etc...

Needs better organisation... banners etc too not just a chance to try and get on TV. Although coverage of a protest is good if done correctly.

Same kids who are desperatly seeking to be a part of rubbish reality shows.

If however people were climbing on Jack's statue that's completely out of order and extremely disrespectful.

No IFS Rev ,10000000% factual and slapping his head, I was disgusted!

You may well be right but this should not stop people voicing their opinion. The difficulty I have with the "how the players feel" arguement is this; the whole BBE sang for Kalinic to be introduced at the expense of Benjamin or Roberts, both were doing well.

you think? that header from roberts that nearly dropped to olsson was typical of roberts(pregnant hippoesque) .Dont get me wrong he puts effort in but is pants at what he is paid to do SCORING. Did hart make one proper save off either striker?

Venkys are not going to listen - they intend doing it their way and nothing is going to stop them. They will not remove Kean, at least this season. they themselves are not going anywhere - unless somebody buys them out. Is that going to happen.

That sentence causes so much pain its nigh on unbearable.What hope and future do we really have under this lot?

I would advise Rovers to have stewards or a police presence around the statue these last two home games.Do these gobshytes not realise damage could be done :angry2:

Says a lot about our fans that it went off so quietly given the situation we are in. Something to be proud of I think putting ourselves second and the team first. I don't think we would have seen that performance last night if things had kicked off from the supporters.

very much so, proud that our supporters made a sensible decision not to protest before or during the game. im also sceptical about the size of the protest... apart from the usual scroats... and shameful those who climbed on jacks statue.

im imagining most people from the BBE just walked past and went home rather than join in ?/

very much so, proud that our supporters made a sensible decision not to protest before or during the game. im also sceptical about the size of the protest... apart from the usual scroats... and shameful those who climbed on jacks statue.

im imagining most people from the BBE just walked past and went home rather than join in ?/

I'd say that was the case, most seemed to just walk past. The odd one (me included) joined the odd chant as they walked (eg Rovers til I die / One Jack Walker) but I'm sure lots were deterred by the good performance and the people protesting. Sorry to repeat myself, but why the hell would you climb on Jack's statue? Jack Walker should not be used as part of any protest, his name is sang every bloomin' week anyway, and for good reason. Sing 'One Jack Walker', but climbing and congregation around the statue is disrespectful.

thanks for that sam, given me a picture of what REALLY went on.

I was waiting for my friend to pick me up so kinda followed it.

Sat near the shop I saw a few stood around the statue singing something 'Come on, if you want Kean gone' (something along those lines)

Most walked past, some stayed for a minute or two but were probably put off by the chaviness of it all. They sang a mix of anti Kean/Venky's songs, including the very witty 'F off back to India' :rolleyes: This was capped off by some scruff climbing all over Uncle Jack's head. Tosser <_<

Then they got excited because they saw a camera and charged towards it chanting, like chavs do really, jumping up and down trying to get on TV. One guy got interviewed as I saw. Then they marched towards the official entrance. Most of the respectable sort of people had obviously seen enough and buggered off home. Not content with their television outing, they continued, and stood outside the official entrance chanting for Kean to come out and face them. Like that was ever possible. The City players all got onto their coach. As an aside, was very impressed with Joe Hart, despite the police there and the protest going on he stopped to sign everything that people had for him (there were people already there, none of the protesters were interested in this I don't think).

I stopped watching them as my mate had finished work (Roverstore) so we went to McDonalds. Saw Grant Hanley on the way, suggesting the players had all left down a side entrance somewhere. Got some food, and when I came back the chavs (some topless :lol: ) were being forced back by police on horses, and were running away (much like you see in them hooligan clips - charging forwards and backwards like they're hard). They seemed to p1ss off then, but not without trying to get towards the car park where the players were leaving from. A line of stewards were blocked the Riverside side of the Blackburn End, and I saw cars drive off behind them.

And that was that.

I was waiting for my friend to pick me up so kinda followed it.

Sat near the shop I saw a few stood around the statue singing something 'Come on, if you want Kean gone' (something along those lines)

Most walked past, some stayed for a minute or two but were probably put off by the chaviness of it all. They sang a mix of anti Kean/Venky's songs, including the very witty 'F off back to India' :rolleyes: This was capped off by some scruff climbing all over Uncle Jack's head. Tosser <_<

Then they got excited because they saw a camera and charged towards it chanting, like chavs do really, jumping up and down trying to get on TV. One guy got interviewed as I saw. Then they marched towards the official entrance. Most of the respectable sort of people had obviously seen enough and buggered off home. Not content with their television outing, they continued, and stood outside the official entrance chanting for Kean to come out and face them. Like that was ever possible. The City players all got onto their coach. As an aside, was very impressed with Joe Hart, despite the police there and the protest going on he stopped to sign everything that people had for him (there were people already there, none of the protesters were interested in this I don't think).

I stopped watching them as my mate had finished work (Roverstore) so we went to McDonalds. Saw Grant Hanley on the way, suggesting the players had all left down a side entrance somewhere. Got some food, and when I came back the chavs (some topless :lol: ) were being forced back by police on horses, and were running away (much like you see in them hooligan clips - charging forwards and backwards like they're hard). They seemed to p1ss off then, but not without trying to get towards the car park where the players were leaving from. A line of stewards were blocked the Riverside side of the Blackburn End, and I saw cars drive off behind them.

And that was that.

So in a nut shell absolutely pathetic.

Sadly it could also put off some players wanting to meet supporters after the match. all because of a few stupid want to be thugs, who think they were doing something useful. It was also the wrong place to stage a protest in the first place. Outside the Jack Walker stand should be the place. Going to towards the Jack Walker statue is just having ago at the players as they come out. Kean does not come out that way anyway.

• Backroom

This says it all really:

Simon xxxxxx

Not bad if I don't say so myself thank you everyone who turned up!!

Joe xxxxxxx

Same again against Bolton??

Yes lads brilliant, a handful of know nothing chavs disrespecting the great man was a real success.

This says it all really:

Simon ********

Joe **********

Yes lads brilliant, a handful of know nothing chavs disrespecting the great man was a real success.

I suppose it is as good a way to meet people and discuss acne and alloy wheels as anything else.

Guest roverite1991

I intended to join the protest, but it annoyed me immensely so I just went home. Soon as chants which amounted to 'f*** off home' and slapping Jack's head were disgraceful. My stance on Venky's is that they are just incredibly naive and have taken the wrong advice. If they get rid of Kean and got in a proper manager, I think we'd see them as good owners in the long run. They SEEM to have money, so if they can help us hold onto our younger players (as they claimed upon takeover) then perhaps a gold star or two can go alongside the black marks that are Kean and Jensen.

Well it was obviously carried off very badly but I don't blame them at all for trying to do something. Is it not obvious to people that Venkys are practically brainwashed by their self-serving advisors who's intent seems to be bordering on the malicious? They were told Sam's style of play would damage their company's image, they were told Steve Kean would achieve success (by which I don't mean staying up, I mean pushing towards the champions league), and now they are presumably being told that we're in no real danger of going down and even if we do everything we'll be fine and we'll get promoted back straight away.

They obviously trust their advisors, they obviously believe them, and they will continue to act on their advice. The only thing that can change things is the fans screaming hard enough "WE'RE IN TROUBLE, THIS IS NOT THE WAY A FOOTBALL CLUB SHOULD BE RUN!!!" that it penetrates the posse of bull****ers that surround them and finally gets through to their brains. They don't know what they're doing, we the fans know at least the basics, we need to tell them.

Rather than doing a character assasination on the type of people joining in, why not help them do a better job next time? I'm gonna go to the Bolton one if we don't win, just on the desperate hope that at least it will stop Kean being in charge in the Championship next season.

I think its down to selecting a group of intelligent fans and meeting with the Raos without any SEM clients being in attendance so fans can at least give their views. The Raos can then either dismiss or act on such views. Thing is this needs to be done ASAP. Whoever was on the Fans Forum, I would put them forward to meet with the Rao's

This says it all really:

Simon Littler

Joe Ainscough

To be fair Tom, Simon isn't a chav just very pasionate and maybe expressing it the wrong way :(

I think its down to selecting a group of intelligent fans and meeting with the Raos without any SEM clients being in attendance so fans can at least give their views. The Raos can then either dismiss or act on such views. Thing is this needs to be done ASAP. Whoever was on the Fans Forum, I would put them forward to meet with the Rao's

They haven't even acknowleged/responded to a letter from the Fans Forum welcoming them to the club...

Rather than doing a character assasination on the type of people joining in, why not help them do a better job next time? I'm gonna go to the Bolton one if we don't win, just on the desperate hope that at least it will stop Kean being in charge in the Championship next season.

Almost a sensible post amongst a lot of tosh ;)

Archived