BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] PROTEST!

BPF

I doubt there will be much of a protest, should we lose most people will slink away demorilised, if we win people will feel we can survive and head to the pub, if we draw people will be pretty apathetic ala Brum.

If he plays Keith Bloody Andrews and we fall miserably behind, there's every chance the crowd will turn.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PAFELL - I only quote your post because I feel the words relevant to what I have to say, so this is not a response to you personally.

There are many very reasonable, thinking posters on this MB, I like to feel I'm capable of being reasonable and am most of the time. I am at the moment very, very angry when I look at the state of my football club. I was Everton on Saturday and I know what happened on and off the pitch ( the support was restrained in it's criticsm, the team was carp), plus we have the whole Rao history to take into account. I'd like to talk about protest and what may or may not happen at the City game.

I have not criticised the club, the manager, the team or the support (can't really understand those who criticise the fans at all) during the debacle of the Rao ownership. During recent months I have watched the club disintegrate under their ownership and have not been granted a single shred of respect as a supporter, not a sensible considered word from the Raos. I give these people the benefit of the doubt, I realise their huge cultural differences, I realise there are language differences, I appreciate they know nothing of football and the supporter's emotions. I know the Raos bought this club as an advertising vehicle. I also know their actions have, at best, proved their words are designed to let people hear what they wish to hear rather than speaking openly. At best these people are devious at worst they simply do not tell the truth. I've heard it said this is a cultural thing, I don't know. I have always been against, for years, foreign ownership of English football clubs I think the reasons why are plain for all to see.

Philip, BPF and TJ, posters who I have a lot of respect for, say there are exciting ideas / plans IF we stay up. For me this is further confirmation of my greatest fear that releagtion could mean oblivion. I take no comfort from IF we stay up because the obvious conclusion is the Raos will walk away IF we are relegated.

We sat 6 rows from the front near the corner flag at Goodison. Around 85 minutes the ball went out for a goal kick and Samba ambled after it. Robbo came racing across from his area to get the ball and hurl abuse at Samba for being so slow. I was close enough to see Samba's eyes, he was beaten, finished, didn't care. Robbo was the complete opposite, trying so hard. Of the fourteen players on that pitch on Saturday three showed some emotion, some care - Robbo, Dunny and Salgado. Don't fool yourselves for one moment by thinking the team will get their collective finger out. They are beaten.

I could feel the tears burning in my eyes at the end. This was the moment when the pain of relegation bit deep. When the hope that luck and other poor teams might keep us up left me. In my heart I still believe we will survive but every ounce of rationality says we are down because the team have no belief, no fight. They should be able to play and win regardless of who is manager, if it mattered to them, because any group of eleven is capable of at least trying.

I am not going to advocate protest but I say to those preaching restraint, back the team, wait till the end of the season, and I'm not criticising - do you not know the emotions, the passion? I'm pretty calm, know how to behave etc. but if I'm honest if my team is being beaten 2 or 3 nil against City I'm not sure how I'm going to react. I shall try to behave in a dignified manner but I know myself and if we are being slaughtered and the atmosphere turns I may well protest long and hard. There is nothing left to do, I've backed the team, I've avoided criticising the manager, I've tried to be reasonable but if Ewood erupts on Monday I may well do as well.

The Raos are fools, they should not be at Ewood as owners. Even after all that has happened they go on TV and spout nonsense about eighth and winning cups. Eighth, just how much longer are these people going to be allowed to take the mick out of the support. Tell us the truth. This is all complete bullshit, put a manger in place, players on the pitch, money into the club and explain what the hell they think they are doing. This is what we deserve.

Protest? Yes I'll protest long, loud and hard against the people who are destroying Blackburn Rovers. Spare me the platitudes about supporting the team because I do, I WILL be at Ewood next season, unlike many. Slaughtered by City and I suspect Kean and the Raos will get everything they deserve, hopefully beamed around the world on Sky into their own living room.

The Raos made the bed, Monday night they may have to lay in it

Given the pain we are all feeling this has thread is a remarkable tribute to Rovers' fans ability to be mature in debate and support each other.

This excellent post by Paul for me is the clincher for why we have to support the lads and not protest on Monday night.

Samba has been our rock, the never say die character- he has even given the inspirational half time team talk to drive us back from 2 down against Blackpool.

But even his head went down against Everton.

Believe me, our vocal support on Monday evening WILL be the difference between players' heads going down and Rovers scrapping for every ball.

ROAR ON THE LADS!!!

There is a big difference between not supporting the team and protesting against the negative impact of foreign owners, their decisions and the blatant influence of Jerome Anderson at Blackburn. Cheering on the lads and raising voice against what Venky's and Anderson have done to us this season aren't mutually exclusive. Those who don't want to protest, that's fair enough but I don't think we should take what is happening to us lying down. I agree we need to be in full voice to support the team on Monday night and indeed against Bolton next week, but I think an organised march from Blackburn to the doors of Ewood prior to one of the games would help us air our discontent. Protesting next season would be too little too late. I don't think a protest will keep us up now, but neither will not protesting.

I can't see it doing anything but demoralising the players.. how do you think they will react if instead of singing to get behind the players, fans are more bothered about being heard on TV to send a message to the owners who won't do anything until the end of the season anyway. They have to stand behind Kean now to give some structure and confidence on a whole until the end. Absolutely pointless!

How do you know the owners aren't planning to do something about it after the end of the season, while showing confidence at the moment to a manager and team who need all the stability they can get to get us out of this mess?

You know that Carlos.....I know that too (plus a handfull of other posters as well). But have you ever tried to change the minds of a lynch mob once they get the bit between their teeth there is simply no way of reasoning with them. Alas it is a similar (if less drastic) position on this topic at present.

I don't want a protest because it will make it far less likely that we will stay up.

I would probably agree there. I just can't see how a protest will help at this stage. I'm hopeful that our fans will use their voices to get behind the team at this crucial stage.

I've the seen the crowd at Ewood turn-those who accuse the home fans of a lack of passion are wrong by the way-and once it does the managers days are usually numbered. It is an organic thing, fed by circumstances, and right now those circumstances are all lining up in place.

If things go badly Monday night, which I think they will, then expect it to get nasty out there.

I've the seen the crowd at Ewood turn-those who accuse the home fans of a lack of passion are wrong by the way-and once it does the managers days are usually numbered. It is an organic thing, fed by circumstances, and right now those circumstances are all lining up in place.

If things go badly Monday night, which I think they will, then expect it to get nasty out there.

Said this for the last few days that circumstances will predict!

If it goes t*ts up in the first half expect passion from the crowd in its ugliest form.

I dont mean this to be a negative post but a lot of emotion will be released if the above happens.

Please please from the first whistle SUPPORT the team like never before. Time is running out and we must do everything we can to SAVE "OUR" CLUB :brfc:

People can protest till blue in the face - venky's will NOT remove themselves or Kean before this season ends - that is a certainty. So all protests are futile and will end in failure for the club and the team.

To be fair, nobody but Venky's know whether that's true or not.

However, I think it's not a bad thing for fans to demonstrate after the game, to give Venky's an idea of how unhappy a large percentage of the Rovers fans are with Kean in charge.

People can protest till blue in the face - venky's will NOT remove themselves or Kean before this season ends - that is a certainty. So all protests are futile and will end in failure for the club and the team.

why will having a protest after the City game end in failure for the club?

That is just speculation on your part.

However, I think it's not a bad thing for fans to demonstrate after the game, to give Venky's an idea of how unhappy a large percentage of the Rovers fans are with Kean in charge.

Pointless as nothing will happen. Even on sky text today the owners are saying Kean is staying.

why will having a protest after the City game end in failure for the club?

That is just speculation on your part.

Because the team still have matches left to play. If the players go out and really take on city, yet still lose or even draw and then listen to protests outside after the match. Their heads are bound to drop - it is human nature. Nobody expects Rovers to get a victory v Man city, though I am a little optimistic that they may pull off a surprise result. It is not the end.

Protests are pointless - venkys have already come out and said Kean is staying, no matter what.

But Venky's are not going to be there - so they won't even get to listen to any protests.

I can't see it doing anything but demoralising the players.. how do you think they will react if instead of singing to get behind the players, fans are more bothered about being heard on TV to send a message to the owners who won't do anything until the end of the season anyway. They have to stand behind Kean now to give some structure and confidence on a whole until the end. Absolutely pointless!

How do you know the owners aren't planning to do something about it after the end of the season, while showing confidence at the moment to a manager and team who need all the stability they can get to get us out of this mess?

Good post. Forget protests. The supporters should suprise every one and turn Monday into VE night in terms of atmosphere. Show the players and media what we think of our beloved club. The players would respond to that, giving us a better chance of getting what we REALLY WANT.

3 points.

We need a siege mentality. On the pitch AND on the terraces.

I really don't see any point in protesting during the game, if anything even the idea of protesting is dividing the fans at a time when we all need to stick together. Nobody can say the sight of Rovers fans arguing amongst themselves can be productive.

During my younger days in the mid 80's I've stood outside the old Nuttal Street Stand and shouted abuse at Bill Fox and the managers but apart from letting off a bit of steam it didn't achieve anything and I can't see anything changing now.

What we need to do is get behind the players, let them realise how much we'd like to be in their boots and how much this means to us!

COYB, Rovers till I die!

All we need is two wins. We can still get them even if we lose tomorrow. No protest. Back the team.

After just reading, IMO, Kean's shyte by courtesy of Nixon in The Mirror, we have no chance!

I have been going on Ewood Park for over 40 yrs ,,,Season ticket holder for 30yrs ...I wasn't going to bother tonight but I have changed my mind ..I want BRFC to win every game they play at every level.

I too have been to Halifax , Rochdale ,Bury etc in the dark days......But in Bill Bancroft , Bill Fox ,Jack Walker and John Wiliams , we had people who cared about this great club as much as I do..

We got hammered many times, but I looked forward to the next game ..

The reason i wasn't going to bother tonight ?? I have had enough of this regime and especially the manager , who will undoubtedly get us relegated..

Personally , I think we will lose tonight , regardless of the manager cos City are far superior to us .....

The fans will turn on Kean tonight for his shambolic management over the past 3 months and it will be not be nice !!!

And he deserves every bit of it !!!!

I don't know if this has been mentioned but I received a worrying E-mail this morning.

I hear that there is a protest set to take place before and after the game at the Walker statue. I'm not opposed to the protest although I admit that it is entirely pointless. However, the concerning part of the E-mail I read was that over two hundred people are confirmed to wait outside the ground for Kean to come out so that they can confront him in person? I'm sorry but that is entirely over the top and this level of threatening behaviour should only be met with one answer - police involvement.

Protest all you like, but lets not having thugs squaring up to Kean...

Archived