BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Open training session

i got a text off a mate this morning who was there and he said "can't believe formica has had no pitch time, he is head and shoulders above the rest of the lad's"

i'll ask him this question and see if he can elaborate some more about the whole session

Thanks Mark.

Happy day's on Formica nice to finally hear something positive about the lad since he got here. Fingers crossed my shirt has purpose.

I thought this was tomorrow so took the day off to go along, stupid me.

Did the team look focused?

his reply regards to team spirit "there was plenty of joking around going on and was quite fun, however the only 3 players who looked very good were formica, rochina and robinson. Kean never came out to sign anything for the fans, roque santa cruz was not present and hoilett trained alone"

Hoilett trained alone because he is not in full training after his injury (he told us this last night). Steve Kean came over to talk to Mr Roversmum and signed a few authographs whilst he was there. The players were brilliant, worked along the JWL, all seemed fairly upbeat. Peds was last to go. It was a very enjoyable morning.

Formica and Rochina did look good, I have to say. There was quite a lot of crossing and shooting practice, with players taking turns, and they played a match of sorts which was quite fast. Didn't see the first part of the training. Kean said it was only a 'gentle' session.

Lots of fans there, all seemed to enjoy the occasion, the kids loved it, bouncy castles and slides for them outside the Blackburn End.

Guest linganzi

Perhaps roque has f**k ed off ? Perhaps we have balls up the formica paper work? So the 2 kentaro flair players looked good? A training sesh is one thing ........

Who put the cones out? Still Kean?

I heard tried but putting them pointy end down first meant they kept toppling over,but the venkys thought he did a good job and they told him to leave them on their side as this meant they were pointing to wembley and the place of where we desreve to win the fa cup.

I posted this last night on the Venky's thread:

Just got back from the Disabled Supporters' Club Player of the Year Party.

Great night. Almost every one of the players and the manager turned up, spent over an hour chatting to the supporters, being photographed and signing autographs. Nothing was too much trouble. Michel Salgado was Player of the Year, presented with the Trophy which is now named The Ronnie Clayton Award by Ronnie's family. Bryan Douglas, Jason Wilcox and Kevin Gallacher were there too. Supporters ranged in age from a baby to a very old lady in a wheelchair.

What was needed, was one or more of the Rao family to be there to see exactly what our great club is about - it's not just a football stadium and a training ground, it is a historical institution that means a great deal to many people who care about each other and about Blackburn Rovers FC. Just because it happens to be on the other side of the world from them doesn't mean that they can forget about it and let it die.

I fervently hope there will be many more such nights, and that the Rao family will realise that they have responsibilities to the club and the people who love and support it.

Perhaps roque has f**k ed off ? Perhaps we have balls up the formica paper work? So the 2 kentaro flair players looked good? A training sesh is one thing ........

Roque was taken off with a (suspected hamstring?) injury on Saturday. Don't think it's anything serious though, I think the knee is more of a problem judging by the way he played at Goodison.

I heard tried but putting them pointy end down first meant they kept toppling over,but the venkys thought he did a good job and they told him to leave them on their side as this meant they were pointing to wembley and the place of where we desreve to win the fa cup.

:lol:

Archived