BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part One

Rovers third favourites at 8/1 to sign Defoe according to SkyBet.. PLEASE!!

Although not even in the running for Kranjcar annoyingly. I really do wonder where some of these odds come from sometimes. I mean surely a bookie would put us in the running for signing R. Johnson after losing Jones and probably Samba.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

re RSC. I still think he can do a job for us.

He really needs a very solid pre season to rebuild his fitness to be less prone to injury.

If he can regain his confidence and show the passion to succeed for our club again he will have my support.

He really needs a very solid pre season to rebuild his fitness to be less prone to injury.

If he can regain his confidence and show the passion to succeed for our club again he will have my support.

Too many ifs. For whatever reason, Roque just can't stay healthy. Signing him would be a waste at any price.

Sounds like you are thinking back to RSC's first season for us and hoping he might return to that form. From what i've seen during his second stint here there is no chance he will.

It's a shockingly bad signing, but then again we have a shockingly bad manager so what do you expect?

Rovers third favourites at 8/1 to sign Defoe according to SkyBet.. PLEASE!!

Well that's hope we can get him!!! would be just the player we NEED! Natural finisher, will score goals if you provide chances for him.

Think him and RSC would be a good partnership!

Come On Kean, go and make a bid for Defoe, if Defoe doesn't want to come then fime but at least try!!!

Posters will lose what little credibility they have left in my eyes if they post that Kean is about to lose what little credibility he has left in their eyes.

It's all about results. I don't particularly want RSC but the manager has seen him in training and if he is prepared to stick his neck on the line then so be it.

I expect him to be a different player than he was here last season, otherwise it will obviously have been a poor decision.

Quoted for truth. As much as I don't see Santa Cruz as a waste (maybe I'm being naively and STUPIDLY optimistic, but somewhere inside me I'm hoping he re-captures the form in his first season at Blackburn), I do have to agree that the supporters here are whining if Venkys and Kean don't spend their money wisely because it DOES affect us and the team we are supporting.

I hope you understand, Sir Gumboots.

a) it's madame

b)yes, I know it affects our club but it's still their money and there's nothing we can do about how they choose to use it. We could not renew season tickets or spend money on Rovers products but that would have little impact.

c) for the record I'm not very keen on our buying RSC either, but that doesn't change the fact that they own the club and they can make whatever decision they want about how the money is spent

It's all about results. I don't particularly want RSC but the manager has seen him in training and if he is prepared to stick his neck on the line then so be it.

Kean says Roque is fantastic in training, the result of that is he scored 0 goals. Kean says Kalinic was shocking in training, the guy ends up being our top scorer. What a genius our manager is.

I'll say what I want, if the manager I believe is making ###### poor decisions then I will say that.

Posters will lose what little credibility they have left in my eyes if they post that Kean is about to lose what little credibility he has left in their eyes.

I expect him to be a different player than he was here last season, otherwise it will obviously have been a poor decision.

I agree .

If he is signed it is for a reason. There is too much at stake.

If RSC is not 110% commited towards rovers and proving himself once again. Then i very much doubt he would be considered.

Its time for everyone to get behind our club and the people within it. Its getting slightly tedious listening to all the doom mongers on here.

Defoe got so much stick from Spurs fans for the amount of chances he missed this season but class is permanent and all that. I just worry how he'd fit in if we had to revert to hoofball like we did a lot last season. Love to see him in a rovers shirt though.

Kean says Roque is fantastic in training, the result of that is he scored 0 goals. Kean says Kalinic was shocking in training, the guy ends up being our top scorer. What a genius our manager is.

I'll say what I want, if the manager I believe is making ###### poor decisions then I will say that.

You prefer Kalinic?

Let's see how their respective careers pan out.

Defoe got so much stick from Spurs fans for the amount of chances he missed this season but class is permanent and all that. I just worry how he'd fit in if we had to revert to hoofball like we did a lot last season. Love to see him in a rovers shirt though.

Perfectly! Play him alongside RSC or Roberts.. hoof the ball to them for a knock down to Defoe who is a genuine finisher. He would be our best finisher by an absolute mile and from the few chances we'd make from hoofball I bet he'd bag 18+ goals a season. With a decent side playing good football and Hoillett, Olsson, RSC, Defoe as a front 4 I'd back him to get 20 goals.

When I typed that I believed in myself, reading it back it may sound optimistic but it is still a hell of a lot better than what we have. If this knock down tactic was a genuine top way of scoring goals then you'd think Crouch and Defoe would be perfect together.. not the case though as we know...

BIG EDIT...

Report: Roger Johnson's agent has confirmed his client will be sold by Birmingham City.

Harry Kewell on a free anyone for a year, still only 32.?

Even more injury prone than fellow Australian Mr Grella.

Possibly the funniest post in a while.

Mutu and Defoe would not be a bad pair of signings! However it seems a little more than unlikely.... when was the last time we managed to get top class established players of that standard into the club? Bellamy maybe qualifies, but really you have to go back to Andy Cole to find a rough equivalent.

Pipe dreams even if we do have the money to fund it.

edit - Actually Mutu is 32 and has a serious dispute with his club so it might be vaguely plausible.

I would love for us to sign Mutu. The guy is technically fantastic. I dont care if he is a coke head. No worst than shagging your sister in law or paying for a prostitute whilst your wife is preggers as the "great" Manc players do.

NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL A GREAT SUMMARY

Following the link to Serge Aurier, I had a look through the RC Lens squad and they have a couple of other players with lots of potential: Thorgan Hazard (creative midfielder) and Raphael Varane (centre half).

All three COULD be exceptional talents and are of a good standard now.

I think this is the market we should be looking in.

Archived