BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part One

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id love to see some quality young(under 25) british players brought in.

Andy Carroll - 35million

Jordan Henderson - 20million

Phil Jones - 16million

Roger Johnson - 20million (?)

Gary Cahill - 18 million(?)

Who's funding it?

Andy Carroll - 35million

Phil Jones - 16million

Connor Wickham - 10 million (?)

Who's funding it?

Andy Carroll - 35million

Phil Jones - 16million

Who's funding it?

yes well thats the prob init but there are players out there im sure ,im sure johnson and cahill where bought from cardif and villa respectivlely for well under 10mill.

there are prob plenty of good british players with a lot of potential in the lower leagues, its just blackburn in recent years dont seem to like taking risks on british players even though they will take risks on players from abroad(kalinic being the big example),

• Backroom

Id love to see some quality young(under 25) british players brought in.

Couldn't Care less if they are English or Swahili as long as they are good.

Niggit, did you think he meant Eden Hazard? because we would have no chance of signing him

Thorgan is Eden's younger brother - he's been being watched by Real Madrid for a few years also.

do we not (every team) need english players in abundence next season with new rules ? or am being a doh?

It's not English players per se, it is 'homegrown' players. So for us the likes of Ollson and Hoilett count because they've come through our academy. I think the rule is if they've been here for 3 years before they're 21 then they count as homegrown.

Disappointed with the RSC links.

I think Venky's want him more than Kean.

RSC - status player Paraguay

Formica - soon to be status player Argentina

Marquee Signing must be from Brazil so that Venkys have S America covered.

If RSC gets 10-12 PL goals next year then we will have him.

Sky Sports:

Speculation: Demba Ba is heading to Newcastle early next week, according to a well known tabloid journalist on Twitter.

Two sides to this 1... dodged a bullet or missed a bargain? Not really sure which side of the fence I lie to be honest, not seen enough of the guy to make my mind up.

Also Rovers shouldn't have a problem with the Homegrown rule.

another newbie with "contacts"...

a) Whisper doesn't mean I have contacts (this time it wasn't, just heard from a mate)

B) I may be a new poster but I write for another successful Rovers fans site.

c) I do actually talk to some people who know things.. hence I told you about the Hoilett new deal situation after talking to a player.. his best mate in fact.

d) you already posted this about me.. and as I said.. if you don't believe me I don't care.. I posted it on here for everyone to read, not just you.. If you don't want to believe me I couldn't care less.. just don't harp on about it.

a) Whisper doesn't mean I have contacts

B) I may be a new poster but I write for another successful Rovers fans site.

c) I do actually talk to some people who know things.. hence I told you about the Hoilett new deal situation after talking to a player.. his best mate in fact.

d) you already posted this about me.. and as I said.. if you don't believe me I don't care.. I posted it on here for everyone to read, not just you.. If you don't want to believe me I couldn't care less.. just don't harp on about it.

hee hee

Liverpool have bid £22m for Jones?

http://twitpic.com/5a7a9l

Isn't there a single good picture of Phil Jones!?!? lol.

Also I can't remember the last time we dominated a back page like that, whether it's correct or not it's a pleasant change.

Edit: So now it's battle of the tabloids, who is correct? The Mail on Sunday, the Mirror or neither? Nicko do you have any 11pm insight you care to share?

Archived