BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part One

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope we get the reddies ASAP whatever it is,sharpish!Whocareswho he signs for now. If he goes for more than the 16 mill then that's an unexpected bonus. I'd love to speculate but won't as there is no point because the management know their targets and we don't.

another newbie with "contacts"...

Yeah anyone who hasn't been on this forum for ages cannot possibly discuss rovers matters the same as you "oldies" Do me a favour!

Yeah anyone who hasn't been on this forum for ages cannot possibly discuss rovers matters the same as you "oldies" Do me a favour!

aye and your credibilty went on the "ask admin" section....ftr i dont care how long peope have been on here im just fed up of "everyone" saying they have sources.Its a willy waving contest.

• Backroom

The problem isn't new members, it's a constant stream of people claiming to have some sort of insider knowledge.

My favourite one was Chaddy and his mate who played golf with Tom Finn. :lol:

I lost my only 'source' of insider knowledge when Bentley left haha and I use the term 'insider knowledge' very loosely.. Someone I know is mates with his dad so I got a bunch of info from him. David Bentley himself also lived 2 minutes from my house. But still it is annoying when people won't name sources and present their word as though it is gospel. I haven't been a member here long but I seem to have found out who I can trust and who's word I have to steer clear of.

The problem isn't new members, it's a constant stream of people claiming to have some sort of insider knowledge.

My favourite one was Chaddy and his mate who played golf with Tom Finn. :lol:

very sad aren't u. my friend and his dad are good friends with Tom Finn. So why don't u STOP digging at me and talk about transfers.

a) Whisper doesn't mean I have contacts (this time it wasn't, just heard from a mate)

B) I may be a new poster but I write for another successful Rovers fans site.

c) I do actually talk to some people who know things.. hence I told you about the Hoilett new deal situation after talking to a player.. his best mate in fact.

d) you already posted this about me.. and as I said.. if you don't believe me I don't care.. I posted it on here for everyone to read, not just you.. If you don't want to believe me I couldn't care less.. just don't harp on about it.

Keep 'em coming Rover 23. Some people don't seem to realise that without snippets of info (whether true or false in the end) there would be little to discuss in this thread.

what does the NOTW say please?

MANCHESTER UNITED have completed the signing of Phil Jones from Blackburn.

And Sir Alex Ferguson has pulled off another 11th-hour triumph over Arsenal and Arsene Wenger, who thought they had won the race for the England under-21 international.

Blackburn owners, Venky's, were said to be demanding more money from United but have now agreed a £16.5million deal, rising to almost £20m if United win the title and Jones gains a certain number of full England caps.

But Arsenal are furious after being outwitted by Ferguson again, just as they were over Chris Smalling last year.

The Gunners believed they had all but sealed a double deal for Jones and fellow Rovers defender Christopher Samba last week. But instead Jones flew to the South of France, where Ferguson was on holiday, and returned from meeting the Manchester United boss to tell Blackburn he wanted to go to Old Trafford.

A source said: "Phil was all but convinced he was going to go to Arsenal - but then he went to France to see Fergie. And when you meet Fergie, you tend to end up signing for him."

Arsenal declined to comment but the episode has horrible echoes for them of what happened with Smalling.

Arsenal thought they had snapped up Jones' England Under-21 team-mate from Fulham for £7m plus £3m in add-on clauses. But Fergie swooped with a £10m plus £2m bid and Smalling was part of United's record- breaking 19th title win.

In the Jones case, United, Arsenal and Tottenham are all thought to have offered the £16.5m release clause.

Arsenal thought they had won the day, with manager Wenger pledging to build his defence for the next decade around 19-year-old Jones.

But by Wednesday morning, Jones was in Manchester having a medical and agreeing personal terms.

• Backroom

Embarrassing for the Mail on Sunday if they're wrong on that one, and it seems almost certain they are.

I'm not sure they can even pull it before print. In fact it's surely already been printed and distributed by now...

IF, you want to win THE popularity vote in Blackburn, its one of either beat Burnley, or do something extraordinary to beat Burnley, OR get one over on Manchester United, to do that, or to do this, gives great credence to ones credibility around town.

Go for it Venky's/ Anderson/ Kentaro/SEM.

For the orginisations above.... win this one....and a positive scene can be set amongst this towns populace.

Go for it ! After all Manchester is the debt capital of the UK, so why not it would be extremely rude NOT to ask for more money on Phil Jones than the paltry amopunt quoted.

Fortune favours the brave. :brfc:

''Manchester United complete the transfer of Phil Jones from Blackburn despite clams Blackburn were considering holding the deal up''

Sounds a bit fishy to be honest, United have been very shellfish as usual.

United certainly flexed their mussels on this one. At least we've a few squid to spend now? Oh dear.

Is the Mail on Sunday article by the same person who did the article on the new owners and flew over to see them a couple of months ago ?

Where there were disputes on here about the validity of his reports then about how much money they were earning and worth etc. ?

Archived