BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part One

Just watch RSC goal last nite and that's was like the old RSC. Plus he look more mobile and less weight. Maybe RSC needs a full pre-season at rovers and a run of games with him scoring goals. Last season I felt he had no confidence in himself and need a goal to boast it.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wrong. Santa Cruz didn't join Rovers as a proven PL striker. We gambled and with Mark Hughes' team kept him fit and on form. Big difference to buying someone like Defoe or Bent who have scored goals year after year.

I...I see.

Wait, didn't we loan him in the second season as a "proven" PL striker then? I guess it's not proven if you only score for one season, huh?

Would like to see Roque and Defoe as our strikers.

Up front is a massive 'headache' for us and IMO revolves around the Hoilett contract.

Roberts mentioned on his twitter that Hoilett will be a top STRIKER. If this is his preferred position, then you must assume he is likely to be one of our front two if he signs his contract (very similar player to Defoe in my opinion). It is not unreasonable to assume that Ruben would be the understudy to Hoilett. That means one position to fill for either Roberts, Benjaani, possibly RSC or Kalinic (who is likely to go). There are not alot of goals in any of those but there is certainly enough 'quantity'.

Question is:

Is Hoilett the real deal, will he carry on where he left off and score 15+ (Which a player like Defoe has proven he can do)? If the answer is 'yes' bringing in RSC would probably suffice...with the option of another loan or someone in Jan if things don't work out.

If on the other hand Hoilett has second season syndrome or doesn't sign or Kean doesn't see him as a striker, then we most definitley need two strikers.

Defoe? (unless silly money)

Mutu?

Gervinho?

Papa Cisse?

Loads of confusion and conflicting stories / article about this transfer (Jones)

Where's Nicko when you need him. There must been differing developments going on throughout today.

Well he's probably not coming back - and who would blame him - there was no need for the nastiness of some, the guy is only doing his job and if he is prepared to share a few stories with us, why not?

Well he's probably not coming back - and who would blame him - there was no need for the nastiness of some, the guy is only doing his job and if he is prepared to share a few stories with us, why not?

I was surprised he came back at all. What's ther old adage? Don't bite the hand that feeds you. I guess those with their own "sources" didn't like him coming on here.

I'm sure Nicko will be back mum, he's pretty thick skinned.

I think the main issue was that there was nothing new in his article, it was all stuff that had been discussed on here at length, guess people were expecting more from the sensationalist headlines.

What channel are the games on?

you can get them on the web.

here RSC goal:- Great header

Where has this £6.5 million figure come from? Far too much money too spend on RSC

in the NOTW article, which somebody copy onto the website.

I think we will sign him. Kean is very keen to sign him by what he has said.

Hoilett likes to take people on in a way that better suits being a winger than a striker in my opinion. He looks so good in that free role he had at the end of the season, and I don't see why we should change that. He can be a striker, but he doesn't really play as one - and to be fair, he's more of a creator than a finisher.

We need to ship out Phil Jones now, and clear up the Samba mess. I did not feel good writing that, but we all know PJ will go, and before we can bring someone in we need to get the 'outs' done, especially to know whether we need one or two new central defenders. Secondly, we need to tie Junior up with a new, well-deserved contract without a release clause. Then we can bring in Jermaine Jones and RSC, before spending about 15m on a striker and a replacement for Jonesy. Add a full back to this, and we're looking the part for next season.

If Samba stays - we need a ball-playing defender ala Hangeland who can pass. If we get Jermaine Jones, I think midfield will be fine- N'Zonzi is our number two with Dunn and Formica and possibly MGP as passing midfielders. Not forgetting Jason Lowe, who should really impose himself next season...

Up front we will have Rochina up our sleeve, which gives us plenty of options with Hoilett and Formica to play off a big man as well... hopefully.

The future's so bright you gotta wear shades.

If we can keep Samba.

Cheers Nicko. Do you think we will go for RSC. Not opposed if we can get him on a free or a very low fee.

I'd love to know what you've heard on the Jones sale. I'm guessing there's a hell of a lot that can't be reported and hasn't been.

There is NOTHING in the Roque bid story.

The Jones tale is something else.

How much do you think we will get RSC for ? as there does seem to be strong interest (no real idea why after last years showing).

Also - re Jones - how much do you think Rovers will settle for - or how high will united go up to ? Personally a deal linked to appearances with a potential total fee over £20m would appear the best compromise for both parties. If he is a success, Rovers get something near his worth - if not .....

Just as an aside I've started another thread for the who you think we should sign stuff. Think it would be better to try to keep this thread to discuss players we've actually been linked to in the press.

Might make this thread a little easier to keep up with lol.

The video of RSC's headedgoal tells you all you need to know about him as a goal scorer, give him goodservice and he'll find the back of the net.

He's already proved thatas a Rovers number 9. Get quality balls into the box and he'll find the back ofthe net.

We played a certain wayunder Mr. Hughes with Bentley - Emerton and MGP putting good quality crosses in- Rocky gobbled them up. Hence City paid 18 mill for him. (please don't split hairs if I'm 50p out)

In my opinion that’s whyRSC has come in for the stick he has since January - lack of service.

The only issue with him ishis fitness and that is always going to be an ongoing thing. So if the price wereright I would have no problem in RSC re-signing for us. (AS LONG THE PRICE IS RIGHT).

And another plus sideunlike P. Jones, as a previous member pointed out, there wont be a bad pic ofhim in the paper laugh.gif

I was surprised he came back at all. What's ther old adage? Don't bite the hand that feeds you. I guess those with their own "sources" didn't like him coming on here.

I don't think it was 'those with there own sources' that were dishing it out...

Seems to me that if you did actually know something and lets face it, people bump into players/staff all the time, it's not worth the hassle of posting it.

With Nicko, it's normally the explanation around what is written in the mirror that is interesting. The problem is, he drops a line using 'remarkable' and people expect the sky to fall down.

The video of RSC's headedgoal tells you all you need to know about him as a goal scorer, give him goodservice and he'll find the back of the net.

He's already proved thatas a Rovers number 9. Get quality balls into the box and he'll find the back ofthe net.

We played a certain wayunder Mr. Hughes with Bentley - Emerton and MGP putting good quality crosses in- Rocky gobbled them up. Hence City paid 18 mill for him. (please don't split hairs if I'm 50p out)

In my opinion that’s whyRSC has come in for the stick he has since January - lack of service.

The only issue with him ishis fitness and that is always going to be an ongoing thing. So if the price wereright I would have no problem in RSC re-signing for us. (AS LONG THE PRICE IS RIGHT).

And another plus sideunlike P. Jones, as a previous member pointed out, there wont be a bad pic ofhim in the paper laugh.gif

Amazing how people's perception can change on the basis of an easy header from 8 yards in an end of season International friendly?

I am not having a go at you SG192 but I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. He is finished as a Premier League centre-forward.

Archived