BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part One

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe this is why they persist with a their advisors? Some might say they could give a helpful insight into the darker side of football.

Well, if they listened to their advisors, they set the release clause too low, for me the whole structure at the club is wrong, we have no Chairman or MD to oversee the operation and make the decisions to affect the whole club and in the best interests of Blackburn Rovers Football Club, in my honest opinion, this cant be happening at the moment with the involvement of JA/Kentaro.

Kean now must be judged on the quality of his signings (I know many not renewing Season Tickets until they see whats happening on that score) and his early season results, most people know he shouldnt be in the job but he has a chance very few managers get,

a big transfer budget despite his poor performance last year, is he able to take that chance?

Well, if they listened to their advisors, they set the release clause too low, for me the whole structure at the club is wrong, we have no Chairman or MD to oversee the operation and make the decisions to affect the whole club and in the best interests of Blackburn Rovers Football Club, in my honest opinion, this cant be happening at the moment with the involvement of JA/Kentaro.

Kean now must be judged on the quality of his signings (I know many not renewing Season Tickets until they see whats happening on that score) and his early season results, most people know he shouldnt be in the job but he has a chance very few managers get,

a big transfer budget despite his poor performance last year, is he able to take that chance?

Agree, these next 3-4 months pre season and the start of next campaign will be crucial for Kean and Blackburn Rovers. Owners aside, it worries me greatly that we could lose our first choice center backs. No matter who replaces them, they'll need time to forge a partnership.

Regarding our owners, advisors and Jone's release clause. Yes £16m would be too low for a release clause. But who is to say it is a release clause? If the latest indications are true then it would seem the £16m might just be a figure to be meet before anyone can talk to Jones. If they inserted it off their own backs then it really does just ensure we are able to negotiate from there. None of us really know whats what in this regard. But i find it strange that the delay has gone on this long if we had no case whatsoever. Venky's have made some poor choices since December. Maybe this is a half decent one.

Either way, its nice to see us keep our trousers pulled up when one of the big boys come a calling.

What will keep feeding mistrust and disdain is if any criticism of the present owners is met with accusations of racisim. Respect must be earned over a period of time and some of the early decisions that our new owners made were naive in the extreme. After 50 years of supporting this club I don't care who owns us as long as they do their best for Blackburn Rovers. While any remarks of a racist nature are totally unacceptable, I do take exception to the continual snide accusations of racism against anyone who is in anyway critical of the new owners. As far as I am concerned the Rao family are like anyone else. Get results, keep the club in the top half of the table, bring in decent players and encourage youth development and they'll have my respect. However, like any other owner, if things slide then they will come in for criticism.

If they can get more money out of United for Jones then fair play to them. I'll hold my hands up and congratulate them. However, it will be results that they and their chosen manager are judged on.

I think most people will accept that the Rao family embarked upon a steep learning curve and some of their statements have been confusing to say the least. Hopefully they are learning and perhaps the involvement of Mrs. Desai in the Jones deal shows that they are prepared to be more hands on rather than leave it to their advisors.

Yes I would agree with that post, people create racism, my wife for many years worked in childcare, the numpties stopped kids from singing 'Ba Ba Black Sheep' and despite at the time no books being available at either Mothercare or Early Learning centres, books had to have black children contained within it, furhter to this, some councils were told we couldnt call places accident blackspots!! Wherever we are there are cultural differences, black, white or purple, it doesnt matter but there are cultural differences, to suggest otherwise is just plain stupid and I for one will not accept the racism claims made on this messageboard, as Parson quite rightly states, they will be judged on what they do, not their colour or origin.

Nicko does it look like we're gonna be attempting any incomings soon or are we likely to wait until Jones and Samba are tied up to get a full budget first? If so got any whispers of targets?

Every time I hear a name it usually gets denied...so I haven't found one genuine target yet.

Hopefully two or three good ones have been well and truly tapped and any exscape clauses fully exploited.

You know it makes sense.

:lol:

Yes I would agree with that post, people create racism, my wife for many years worked in childcare, the numpties stopped kids from singing 'Ba Ba Black Sheep' and despite at the time no books being available at either Mothercare or Early Learning centres, books had to have black children contained within it, furhter to this, some councils were told we couldnt call places accident blackspots!! Wherever we are there are cultural differences, black, white or purple, it doesnt matter but there are cultural differences, to suggest otherwise is just plain stupid and I for one will not accept the racism claims made on this messageboard, as Parson quite rightly states, they will be judged on what they do, not their colour or origin.

So when one poster said "Curry munchers f off back to India" they didn't mean it.

Will Samba actually be going though, this is the 12m dollar question.

It will take more than 12 million dollars.

And there are NO escape clauses in this one.

However a good few dressing room doors may have to be replaced if the big chap is denied the move to Arsenal.

I am amazed Wenger seems so keen. He is. But only since watching side side in the second half of the season. He wants TWO new centre halves, so there is double the danger of this happening.

Every time I hear a name it usually gets denied...so I haven't found one genuine target yet.

Hopefully two or three good ones have been well and truly tapped and any exscape clauses fully exploited.

You know it makes sense.

:lol:

Hahaha Venky's build up some credibility just for us to find out 2 weeks later we've tapped up half the country. Followed by a quality Venky's quote playing the innocents laugh.gif.

Get your nose in their Nicko! Find us some clauses tongue.gif

Is it fair to say for arsenal its two from four then the four being, samba, Cahil, Sacko, Dann?

I know there is live interest in Samba and Cahill. Not sure on other two.

They wanted BOTH Samba and Jones.

The theory they have is that they would sign a 'British' defender like Samba and a more cultured defender for Europe.

It makes sense - if you can afford it.

Arsenal will try to steal all of their targets or offer low money. So this won't happen fast.

Eespecially if your owners are all pumped up with beating Sir Furious on the Jones boy.

Well, if they listened to their advisors, they set the release clause too low.

I and a few others have mentioned this before, but I'll repeat it for your sake. At that time in January, nobody thought Phil Jones was worth 20 million pounds or more. Did you? I certainly did not at that time. He was injured, not playing, but after he signed the contract he recovered from his injury and surgery much faster than expected, he put up stellar performances in the second half of the season to keep Blackburn up in the Premiership - that's when his value really started to rise and shoot up to above 20 million. In January, Arsenal offered 8 million. Of course we all laughed them off, saying it was too low, but to be honest none of us thought Jones was worth 20 million AT THAT POINT OF TIME.

Yeah, a lot of people complained that the release clause is too low, but they forgot that the clause was included in January, way before Jones hit the peak of his performances. You could argue that he has always been playing well, I won't deny that but even the most argumentative must admit that Jones particularly SHONE through the second half of the season after January, and not before.

So when one poster said "Curry munchers f off back to India" they didn't mean it.

Er...he was saying that racism exists, and to deny it would be ridiculous. If anything, he was agreeing that no matter how and where, as long as you have two cultures existing side by side you will always have racism. Then he makes his stand and reiterates that he will not stand for it. I think you misunderstood him totally...

Kean said he wants all his targets in by pre season, so I expect things will pick up in the next couple of weeks. Any news on Jamaine jones Nicko?

The manager said: "Ideally we'd like everyone signed in time for pre-season, but the reality is that isn't going to happen."

I wouldn't hold too much hope that we'll spend £40m or however much we end up with by pre-season.

You seem to be finding information hard to come by Nicko, is this due to a change in regime/manager? Or have we just not identified firm targets as yet?

Cheers. I have done all right finding out about the ones going.

I think there ARE incoming targets, but they have been kept close to the chest - and will depend on the budget.

I do know of one definite target, but the chap isn't fit at the moment. I am not writing it yet...and I won't be answering PMs on it either.

[Did you hear that, Hughesy? :lol: ]

Venky's deserve a lot respect for fighting the club's corner on the Jones transfer. Far to long bigger clubs think they have devine right to sign players on their own terms rather than those of the selling club.

Great Point Kamy! I'm pleased that our owners have stood up to Man U. Big clubs think they can do what they want to others clubs.

Nicko- any truth in the Pearson to Rovers rumour in the people today? Could do with a decent football man to negotiate transfers.

Timestamp, it was Nicko who wrote the article in the people today. I think appoint Adam Pearson has CEO/DoF would be an excellent choice for the club.

Archived