BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part One

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am amazed Wenger seems so keen. He is. But only since watching side side in the second half of the season.

In the relegation fight run in Samba displayed the leadership and fighting qualities that Arsenal for all their pretty football have been lacking for years. The influence over a team that dogs of war like Keown, Vierra, Bould etc can deliver cannot be overstated.

In the relegation fight run in Samba displayed the leadership and fighting qualities that Arsenal for all their pretty football have been lacking for years. The influence over a team that dogs of war like Keown, Vierra, Bould etc can deliver cannot be overstated.

Saw wenger on the telly yesterday. Asked about whether he would be changing the way they played, he said not, but did add that Arsenal were a small side and needed to address that. I immediately related that to his Samba bid.

Let's have it right. There is always suspicion about outsiders and people you don't know.

There is no doubt that particular elephant has been in the room for some time.

But to presume that Indian business people are in some way thick when they employ widly-expensive lawyers to do contracts is plain daft.

You would not have seen some of the snide stuff in the papers recently if it had been Man U standing up for a clause in their contract and 'concerned' about the background to the deal.

Well said Nicko. Tell the truth and shame the devil eh? It's good to see a reporter these days that is not afraid to do it, and to sock it to the likes of Utd when they deserve it too. Not too many like you that will do that;...... more's the pity.

I've always liked Samba when he's played for us but I just can't see him being successful at Arsenal. Having said that he's better than most of the centre halves they've got there.

I've always liked Samba when he's played for us but I just can't see him being successful at Arsenal. Having said that he's better than most of the centre halves they've got there.

I'd say he's better than ALL of their centre halves at defending. Exactly what they need.

Wenger says he wants taller players yet his nemesis Barcelona have a very small team - I don't think any of Messi, Alves, Iniesta, Xavi etc are taller than 5ft 8in. Two of them are 5ft 6in. The physical presence of Jones and Samba is important to Rovers and is one of the reasons why they will be badly missed assuming both leave. Nelsen and Givet do not have the same pace or strength and the signing of a top quality centre half is now a priority before the other weaknesses up front and in midfield are addressed.

I'm impressed that Venkys have stood up to Man Utd & look to have got the better of them.

I'm equally impressed that they have used the "Tapping Up" card and that seems to have Man Utd scrambling for cover... good move!!!

We need to stand up to the big clubs & make sure that going forward whenever a club comes in for one of our players, they know that they will have to do the deal on our terms.

I can't say that I'm not disappointed about Jones going, but we just need to draw a line under it & move on. The problem is now of course if we loose Samba too... We need to be working some miracles in the close season to get a new central defensive partnership in place.

If we loose Samba then we need 2 centre halves, 1 fullback, 1 central midfielder, 1 winger & at least 1 striker.

Serge Aurier

Cedric Mongongu / Roger Johnson / James Collins

Jermaine Jones

Vicente / Sebastian Larsson / David Bentley

No realistic idea on a striker or strikers... I'd love us to get Jermaine Defoe though we will probably end up with RSC (by the way way, did anyone notice on the vid of RSC scoring for Paraguay, the commentator says something like "Roque Santa Cruz the striker who plays for Blackburn Rovers", can something be read into this???)

I believe that despite all this happening, if we move quickly to get the new lads in, we can have a good pre-season & hit the ground running in September.

COYB!!!!

Wenger says he wants taller players yet his nemesis Barcelona have a very small team - I don't think any of Messi, Alves, Iniesta, Xavi etc are taller than 5ft 8in. Two of them are 5ft 6in. The physical presence of Jones and Samba is important to Rovers and is one of the reasons why they will be badly missed assuming both leave. Nelsen and Givet do not have the same pace or strength and the signing of a top quality centre half is now a priority before the other weaknesses up front and in midfield are addressed.

Pique is 6'4" though, and we were talking about centre halves. Samba and Vermaelen would be a top pairing for me.

Cheers. I have done all right finding out about the ones going.

I think there ARE incoming targets, but they have been kept close to the chest - and will depend on the budget.

I do know of one definite target, but the chap isn't fit at the moment. I am not writing it yet...and I won't be answering PMs on it either.

[Did you hear that, Hughesy? :lol: ]

That has to be Owen Hargreaves. Just my guess.

That has to be Owen Hargreaves. Just my guess.

It could in fact be anyone from just about anywhere in the world as we know that our owners what to increase worldwide awareness of their brand. It's the same with who would you bring in. My money would be on at least one or two from foreign leagues who the majority have never heard of. Players who have already played in or currently play in the Premier league are very expensive as we've seen so far and particularly if they are emerging young talent and the french and german leagues are also getting wise to the money that splashes around in the PL and are pricing their players accordingly.

I have to say out of samba and nelson. Nelson is the far more consistent defender. Yes samba is good, but I don't see the Admiral making as many costly mistakes as Samba does over a season. And Givet, all rovers fans seem to massively under rate him in my opinion. Were always a far more solid side when he's on the pitch. These guys might not be rated as highly as Samba and PJ but I don't see them getting too big for there boots and crying like little bitches !

The admiral is a ###### legend and needs to be respected ! I wish we had 11 as loyal as him !!

Got a link/source?

Not on the net, from a friend. I know the stigma that goes with that statement but its what ive been told and am passing it on.

Oh and the injured striker Rovers are after is a former PL player that, last I checked was in either Germany or Russia. We shall see in due time i expect

Not on the net, from a friend. I know the stigma that goes with that statement but its what ive been told and am passing it on.

Oh and the injured striker Rovers are after is a former PL player that, last I checked was in either Germany or Russia. We shall see in due time i expect

Martins? Voronin?

Obafemi Martins?

Mr Nixon didn't actually say the injured player we were looking at was a striker

Definatly not a 15 goal a season striker. 1 goal every 3.28 games or so(if Wikipedia is to believed)

EDIT: well, if he plays 50 odd games in a season he will score 15 goals.

That's still better than Roberts, Santa Cruz and Benjani combined...

Archived