BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part One

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

funny because all you seem to do is "slag off" and critisize everybodys posts,meeooooow :excl:

Who are you again?

I'm just sick of everything that happens becoming another rock to sling at the owners.

Nicko article in people that rovers want 4 extra million pounds for jones

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/news/2011/06/12/blackburn-demand-more-money-from-united-for-defender-phil-jones-102039-23195380/

Blackburn resign to losing talisman Chris Samba. Also linked with James Collins from Villa, Johnson from BC and Auxerre’s Poland attacker Ireneusz Jelen

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/football-hotline/2011/06/12/blackburn-resign-to-losing-talisman-chris-samba-102039-23195372/

• Backroom

Fair enough Hardly.

Let's be honest if there is to be an extra £4m in installments it may not find its way to the transfer kitty but good on Venkys for pushing for it. Like them or not what's good for them is more than likely good for the club.

I honestly believe that a clause pre-existed in Jones contract which was made a higher figure in Feb, Jones obviously isn't loyal so I imagine he would have made sure one still existed. This could have ended a lot worse for us had the clause (IF there was one) had not been adjusted.

See ya Phil (on the bench)

Posters will lose what little credibility they have left in my eyes if they post that Kean is about to lose what little credibility he has left in their eyes.

It's all about results. I don't particularly want RSC but the manager has seen him in training and if he is prepared to stick his neck on the line then so be it.

I expect him to be a different player than he was here last season, otherwise it will obviously have been a poor decision.

The managers seen him in training! He runs and jumps then does he?

We do agree on one thing though----it is all about results-----the manager won 4 out of 21 games and RSC didn't score a goal!

So thats your credibility gone!

I agree .

If he is signed it is for a reason. There is too much at stake.

If RSC is not 110% commited towards rovers and proving himself once again. Then i very much doubt he would be considered.

Its time for everyone to get behind our club and the people within it. Its getting slightly tedious listening to all the doom mongers on here.

And your reasons for optimism are.........?

The managers seen him in training! He runs and jumps then does he?

We do agree on one thing though----it is all about results-----the manager won 4 out of 21 games and RSC didn't score a goal!

So thats your credibility gone!

And your reasons for optimism are.........?

I think I'll live

Instead of paying 6.5m for Croque.. why not add 2.5m for Wickham? A gamble.. but more sensible than paying £6.5m we will never see again.. I know wickham is unproven but still

Wickham's crap. No pace and a shocking first touch.

Trust me, he's arse.

he's 37 years old. think abit to old for rovers

hes now retired, got a serious injury not long after turning blackburn down which he never fully recovered from and spent his career playing for very poor obscure teams,

he was only 21 when we tried signing him, he looked really good aswell, scored against england at wembly i think and scored a few in chamions league, turned us down becuse wee only offered him 3000 a week apperantly(which was a pisstake even then, for an international player).

£16.5m for Jones and we waste £6.5m on Roque? :lol:

Kean is a genius.

I can't believe it! Its not as if anyone else is in the running is it? Sell'em cheap and buy'em dear-----is that our new slogan?

We 'd have to get 4 seasons out of him to justify that and he might play 4 games a season! Our monster transfer pot is dribbling away. i can feel it!

6.5 million wasted on a one season wonder, genius from kean. How about trying spurs hand with defoe? how come noone has mentioned carlton cole at west ham? a far better prospect than anything rovers have at the moment.

£6.5m for Roque? This is where I stop giving Venkys and Kean the benefit of the doubt.

How about you wait until its OFFICIALLY announced before ending your benefit of the doubt.

Way to many folk on here are sticking the boot in early on Kean and Venkys, relax and see what happens, I'm hoping we have a nice looking team heading into next season

RSC for 6.5m, someone is having a laugh. 1-2m maybe I would take him with reduced wages. Benjani,Kalinic,Rochina,Santa Cruz and a NEW striker would be a decent frontline. Spend most of our budget on the engine room for once which has been deprived for years.

I would also like to see Onuoha(sp)here if we dont manage to get the Aurier wonderkid.

Nice going Venkys gettin some clauses flung in for good measure, well worth it

6.5 million wasted on a one season wonder, genius from kean. How about trying spurs hand with defoe? how come noone has mentioned carlton cole at west ham? a far better prospect than anything rovers have at the moment.

Spending £6.5 m on Santa Cruz, sounds like an organisation totally out of favour around here, maybe this is what this Inter Madrassah organisataion represents on my Rovers pen.

Dear Mods this post will be deleted but the seriousness should not be missed or its intended target.

The offence is to spend a reckless 6.5m on a 'dud 'or spent force that should not be allowed.

How about you wait until its OFFICIALLY announced before ending your benefit of the doubt.

Way to many folk on here are sticking the boot in early on Kean and Venkys, relax and see what happens, I'm hoping we have a nice looking team heading into next season

RSC for 6.5m, someone is having a laugh. 1-2m maybe I would take him with reduced wages. Benjani,Kalinic,Rochina,Santa Cruz and a NEW striker would be a decent frontline. Spend most of our budget on the engine room for once which has been deprived for years.

I would also like to see Onuoha(sp)here if we dont manage to get the Aurier wonderkid.

Nice going Venkys gettin some clauses flung in for good measure, well worth it

Agree. We should way till the 8M release clause in Phil Jones' last contract is officially confirmed too------but we won't!

I mentioned Matt Mills as a good signing for us previously. Rate him and Kebe very highly.

matt mills i would agree with , jimmy kebe re george donis , plenty of pace , direct , very little quality

6.5 million on Roque is just agent yap, they would be lucky to get 3 mill for him let alone his 90k a week, he will rot in the reserves and rightly so.

Steve kean will go about his business under the radar, how many people knew about the loan deal with Shalke for Jones? Ill tell you how many.....none and he was our best player.

Unlike most I think Kean will achieve some decent business this summer and it wont include any of the loan signings contrary to what he says to the press, the deal for MBD would have been done with the Jones deal if had wanted him, JJ would have been great but I feel Shalke would extract the urine over the price, RSC, not a chance this will be done, does'nt take a rocket scientist to see how useless a signing he would be.

Kean may be branded a doughnut by most on here but with signing of JJ in Jan which to me was 2 seasons overdue shows that he can actually see what the team needs and I have faith he will bring the quality we need.

We would be better off with an established Prem manager but we have what we have, how does a manager become an established Prem manager without being given the chance?

Archived