BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Considering moving to Blackburn

Re-arranged number plates, blacked out windows, overcrowding, seatbelts, kids rattling in the back, driving with fog lights on in the daytime, using molbiles. Police in Blackburn do very little to prevent this behaviour in around the town centre. Given I drive through it a number of times a day, most days you will see some if not all these things going on unchecked.

Police in Blackburn are next to useless and command no respect.

Guilty - and u cant do jack

lol

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might move to London. Looking for a job There. Any ideas whwre to look?

Am a sales and market manager for a french bank at present. Have 3 yrs at uni , studying export marketing.

I'd suggest recruiters first. They can at least give you a good idea of the marketplace and what to expect salary/benefits wise.

A daytime running lamp (DRL, also daylight running lamp or daytime running light) is an automotive lighting device on the front of a roadgoing motor vehicle, installed in pairs, automatically switched on when the vehicle is moving forward, emitting white, yellow, or amber light to increase the conspicuity of the vehicle during daylight conditions.

Very detailed! That's more of a 'what' than a 'why' though. Is it for safety?

I presume so LeChuck. I have just purchased the VW Scirocco, and there is no way to switch them off. Mine are the LED lights so don't affect drivers as much as some of the other cars.

Also have privacy glass with my car (only on the back windows), just makes my car look a lot better. No other reason.

Have my own personal number plate too. Don't see anything wrong it that either.

A daytime running lamp (DRL, also daylight running lamp or daytime running light) is an automotive lighting device on the front of a roadgoing motor vehicle, installed in pairs, automatically switched on when the vehicle is moving forward, emitting white, yellow, or amber light to increase the conspicuity of the vehicle during daylight conditions.

So was the 'guilty and you can't do jack' really necessary?

btw I'm not against these personally but are these standard on your own car?

Looking at the "DRL" wiki page that description came from, it looks like what he is describing are really connected to the headlight area of fairly expensive or newer cars.

My guess, thenodrog (correct me if I am wrong) what you were describing earlier, was the use of proper fog lights (ie at bumper level) during the day "as they look cool". Which is simply completely pointless.

Looking at the "DRL" wiki page that description came from, it looks like what he is describing are really connected to the headlight area of fairly expensive or newer cars.

My guess, thenodrog (correct me if I am wrong) what you were describing earlier, was the use of proper fog lights (ie at bumper level) during the day "as they look cool". Which is simply completely pointless.

My comments are the 'Volvo' daytime running lights. They do make Volvo's more visible thats for sure. Any objections that I had with his ' you can't do jack' post were cos he'd highlighted every one of 3rd pillars objections on the previous page.

I presume so LeChuck. I have just purchased the VW Scirocco, and there is no way to switch them off. Mine are the LED lights so don't affect drivers as much as some of the other cars.

I am glad someone is having the same problem, I also cannot turn them off! Thought it was me not being able to find the right button.

Great car btw, if I had 3 less kids and 1 less wife then I would be all over one of them.

So was the 'guilty and you can't do jack' really necessary?

btw I'm not against these personally but are these standard on your own car?

Is all the sh!t you post on this forum really necessary? :lol: Just thought I'd join your party.

Standard kit you will be glad to know. Why buy a car and then pimp it? Seems to be the craze with British born youngsters.

Just get a proper job and pull out an Audi S3 with everything fully loaded.

Back on topic..Dont move to Blackburn mate, stick to the major cities where people are much more open minded.

• 11 months later...
  • Backroom

We've just moved from Rishton to Cherry Tree, so far so good I quite like it here ( first time I've moved out of Rishtonia)

• Backroom

I have a feni passport due to the wife so managed to wing it :)

Although I think people sensed the Rishton on me when I tried the station for a drink!

I have a feni passport due to the wife so managed to wing it :)

Although I think people sensed the Rishton on me when I tried the station for a drink!

Bit of a dingle taint I suspect. Don't worry Tom it'll wear off in time. ;)

To be honest I know very little about the area but it seems decent so far

Chippy's a bit carp, they microwave the sausages which I find is a disgrace.. :closedeyes: One nearly burned my throat out once...and I was driving, could have been a disaster. Chinese stuff ain't bad, but proper chippy stuff isn't good.

• Backroom

Chippy's a bit carp, they microwave the sausages which I find is a disgrace.. :closedeyes: One nearly burned my throat out once...and I was driving, could have been a disaster. Chinese stuff ain't bad, but proper chippy stuff isn't good.

We're not too far from Hollytree for all our chippy needs :)

If only there was a good football club nearby :(

Archived