BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mark Hughes

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are you all getting a semi on over somebody who has already left us once and would do exactly the same again and leave us in the doo doo again meaning we would have to look for yet another new manager its not going to happen anyway

What could change the Rao's thinking ?

Kean is not proving a magnet for new players (no signings yet), possible feedback from others such as Samba, Hoilett etc (will stay for the right manager etc).

Would be a remarkable turnaround but the Raos are seemingly unpredictable.

Wouldn't quite rule this out.

Why are you all getting a semi on over somebody who has already left us once and would do exactly the same again and leave us in the doo doo again meaning we would have to look for yet another new manager its not going to happen anyway

i rather have hughes spend the money then Kean though, at least he will be able to attract players unlike Kean. And if Hughes does leave in a couple of years time for a bigger club, then surely that means he has done a fine job at Rovers, that will do for me!!!!

i rather have hughes spend the money then Kean though, at least he will be able to attract players unlike Kean. And if Hughes does leave in a couple of years time for a bigger club, then surely that means he has done a fine job at Rovers, that will do for me!!!!

Completely agree but its still not going to happen :(

What about Phil Jones? :rolleyes:

He didn't say that though did he. The only anecdotal evidence that we have says he was complimentary to the manager.

If you think about it rationally. Hughes is regarded in many circles as a joke. He failed at City and ditched Fulham. Just do a search for him on twitter, he's a laughing stock. I know that Kelbo et al. are worried about how we project ourselves in the media. So I assume they would be against this.

:)

(I'm not saying he wouldn't do a good job, it's just the evidence points to it ending badly (again))

Why would a player be attracted by a manager that is going to leave after five minutes?

I agree with what your saying in part, Hughes has shown that he is very ambitious and would leave for bigger clubs should they come, so would Kean stay if a bigger club came for him?

There is no loyalty in football and the modern fan just wants the best for his team regardless of who gets walked over. You can say Martinez showed real loyalty towards Whelan and Wigan but maybe the offer was'nt good enough for him or the clubs ambitions were to high.

Truth be known whoever manages our club and does well is allways likely to move on if offered bigger and better.

He didn't. He wanted to play for Man Utd. It had nothing to do with Rovers or Kean.

I doubt Kean helped convince PJ to stay. Don't go PJ, there is no reason to leave we will being playing Champions League in a few years. I mean Roberts and Benjani up front what more could you want?

I doubt Kean helped convince PJ to stay. Don't go PJ, there is no reason to leave we will being playing Champions League in a few years. I mean Roberts and Benjani up front what more could you want?

Whereas Hughes could have persuaded him to stay by saying

"Just sign the massive contract here and leave next year! I'm only going to be here that long anyway".

Great

Let's hope the Hughes rumour is true but I doubt it. Hughes would see us better off with 10 million than Kean will with 50. Kamy, have you heard anything?

I think this is just a delayed rumour in response to the odds of Hughes becoming our manager shortening the other day...

Where is the rumour with regards to Mark Hughes coming from? Is it just this messageboard?

Why would a player be attracted by a manager that is going to leave after five minutes?

at least he will be able to attract the players we need though unlike kean!! 50 million is a lot of money to waste on crap!!!

Bucky at last somebody who sees sense thank you.

I would also like anybody who says that Kean cant attract players to show me anywhere where a player has said i dont want to play for them i dont know that manager

Jones gone, samba, Holliet to follow!!!

at least he will be able to attract the players we need though unlike kean!! 50 million is a lot of money to waste on crap!!!

That was Hughes five years ago. I'm not so sure he is in such high regard at the moment.

Then he would leave and a new manager would want to bring his own players in.

I can't see that many teams taking a chance on Hughes at the moment.

Type his name in on twitter. He's a laughing stock (at the moment).

If Samba goes it will be to Arsenal furthering his career nothing to do with Kean also Samba wanted to leave at the end of last season was that Keans fault even though he wasnt manager then. Get a grip FFS i am still waiting for the evidence where it says that they dont want to play for Kean.

That was Hughes five years ago. I'm not so sure he is in such high regard at the moment.

Then he would leave and a new manager would want to bring his own players in.

I can't see that many teams taking a chance on Hughes at the moment.

Type his name in on twitter. He's a laughing stock (at the moment).

I still think Mark Hughes is still high regarded in the world of football and awful lot more that Mr Kean. As for twitter thats a laughing stock full stop!!

If Samba goes it will be to Arsenal furthering his career nothing to do with Kean also Samba wanted to leave at the end of last season was that Keans fault even though he wasnt manager then. Get a grip FFS i am still waiting for the evidence where it says that they dont want to play for Kean.

Did samba leave at the end of last season? and when Kean took over did he not come out say he wanted to leave Rovers.

No, he signed a new contract!

what kind of contract though!!, i seem to remember Jones signing one of them as well!!

And did he say that was due to Kean no it was due to the uncertainty of what was going on at the club

does the uncertainty of the club mean in appointing Kean!!!

Archived