BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mark Hughes

Let's hope the Hughes rumour is true but I doubt it. Hughes would see us better off with 10 million than Kean will with 50. Kamy, have you heard anything?

I think this is just a delayed rumour in response to the odds of Hughes becoming our manager shortening the other day...

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's hope the Hughes rumour is true but I doubt it. Hughes would see us better off with 10 million than Kean will with 50. Kamy, have you heard anything?

I think this is just a delayed rumour in response to the odds of Hughes becoming our manager shortening the other day...

A guess.

We got into Europa League under Mark Hughes even without money to spend. I'm sure Europa League would be a minimum.

But Mark Hughes had 50 million at Manchester City as well, yet did he manage to get them into Champions League? If I remember correctly, he only managed a 5th place finish at best, behind Tottenham two seasons ago. Or am I mistaken?

Basically, that is your answer to Mark Hughes with 50 million to spend.

Yea we did get in the europa with mark hughes managing but he had the likes of, Bentley, Savage, Santa Cruz, Benni Mccarthy all on top form.

He had pressure at City to succeed, he wouldnt have that much pressure here...I would be happy with top 5!

We got into Europa League under Mark Hughes even without money to spend. I'm sure Europa League would be a minimum.

But Mark Hughes had 50 million at Manchester City as well, yet did he manage to get them into Champions League? If I remember correctly, he only managed a 5th place finish at best, behind Tottenham two seasons ago. Or am I mistaken?

Basically, that is your answer to Mark Hughes with 50 million to spend.

Agree and he also had better players when he came!

An educated guess based on what the both of them did/have done here...

Don't say it as fact then.

And there is only one manager of the two who has failed with that budget.

I personally think Hughes is the best manager of my life time at the club aside from King Kenny, I just don't understand how anyone can presume Kean can't spend it. People can have doubts, but passing things off as the truth when there is no evidence to back it up is exactly what spreads negativity when Kean is still manager come the first game of the season.

It's hard to believe Hughes would return but if it were to happen he would be the best summer signing of all. Spending £40m plus (allegedly) on players is a waste of money until the managerial problem is addressed.

Spot on Jim, but it won't happen, the owners have backed Kean and will surely stick by him for now.

The Mark Hughes story just doesnt fit!!

Maybe if John Williams was still here but not now, I also dont think Hughes is the manager that Venkys would want.

I would love to see him back but his style of football is not the most exciting you will see, he doesnt encourage youth development & as we saw in his City days he couldnt really handle big egos i.e. Robiniho

After laying all that down I am not sure why anyone would want Hughes but we all know his attributes & with the right Chairman he could do great things!!

• Backroom

Difficult to tell with Venky's.

They have past form for saying one thing and doing another, so I don't know how much their backing of Kean really means. If they perceive his lack of stature as a barrier to accessing the transfer targets they want it could lead to a demotion and/or removal. They've proven they are ruthless enough to do something like that.

Not going to get my hopes up though... get the feeling we'll start the season with Kean as manager.

It doesn't fit with me either. I assume they want stability. Not a fly by night manager.

I could only see it if they have decided that at the moment it's more important to get the fans on side and stability can wait.

I would be very surprised though.

The Mark Hughes story just doesnt fit!!

Maybe if John Williams was still here but not now, I also dont think Hughes is the manager that Venkys would want.

I would love to see him back but his style of football is not the most exciting you will see, he doesnt encourage youth development & as we saw in his City days he couldnt really handle big egos i.e. Robiniho

After laying all that down I am not sure why anyone would want Hughes but we all know his attributes & with the right Chairman he could do great things!!

I'd have him back but I wouldn't give him access to 50m. I'd tell him to find 10 players with a limit of 5m each. He'd make us a fortune and he could keep 10% of any sell on profits for himself. He'd not be looking to leave quite so readily then would he?

Nicko, are you on commission for season ticket sales? :lol:

No laughing matter. The amount of people that I speak to who are holding off buying for one reason or another is significant.

Yea we did get in the europa with mark hughes managing but he had the likes of, Bentley, Savage, Santa Cruz, Benni Mccarthy all on top form.

He had pressure at City to succeed, he wouldnt have that much pressure here...I would be happy with top 5!

He had the likes of Bentley, Savage etc on top form because he signed them!

And Nelsen/Samba! And Warnock! What a transfer record. Second to none. Would give my right arm to see him back here.

Archived