BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mark Hughes

Aye bring back someone who dumped on us,he will do it again!

If there was any genuine chance of him returning there would be a queue of people offering to give him a lift.

Anyway, moving on...

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are people even still discussing this?

0% chance of it happening, move on guys.

Hope. In my estimation, we all believe that Kean is not good enough. Rovers have no friends in the footballing world after Venkys' decisions. We need a hard nosed, experienced manager to keep us up until the dust settles. Hughes is a manager who can do that. Kean is not. Therefore, we hope Hughes will make a return.

The Hughes link came about not because Venky's approached him as far as I am aware but he did get sounded out by someone who looked at buying Rovers. The links are all dead from what I understand.

Heard Mrs D also likes Hughes. Though how that could be, is another thing. She knows nothing about football

He wouldnt come back, would he?.

Surely it would be a step back for him?

Anyway, if Venkys somehow managed to pull this off, give Kean the sack and employ Hughes, I would be so delighted I cant even describe it!

Would almost get a Venkys tattoo across my face!! :lol:

Message to Venkys: Make Mark Hughes our new Manager (maybe with Kean withrawn to a coach-role again?) and I will LOVE YOU!

I fully agree about Hughes. But not about kean as coach. But would tolerate it. Love for venkys - no.

Hughes is very close to John Williams, if he was ever offered the job he would talk to John and that would put paid to him ever returning to Ewood.

The same John Williams now working for Man. City?

I think this is as good a thread as any to talk about potential sucessors, without the need to refer to baldylocks. Mark Hughes would be my choice as our next manager but I do think it would be unlikely especially as we have gone from a professional outfit to a really poor unfunny comedy sketch.

What I will say about Hughes is that he has the charichteristics to take this club forward, he has the managerial knowhow and most of all he is the sort of man that will look at the small details and make them right throughout the football side of things on the club. We need that manager now that wants to know absoloutly everything about the club and have the balls to put things right when they are wrong. We need a manager who will display a passion for the club and treat the fans with an honest approach whilst maintaining goals and targets that are challenging year on year. If it means crap football for a season then fine we all need to suck it up and get behind the manager that comes in but above all this is the most important decision Venky's will ever make and therefore they will have to have a man who will challenge every poor decision they make.

I agree with you about about Mark Hughes as 1st choice. Moyes would be my 2nd choice.

Could we ask Glenn and the Moderates whether we could have a thread to discuss possible replacements with a poll attach aswell if possible and why people have choice that person.

I agree with you about about Mark Hughes as 1st choice. Moyes would be my 2nd choice.

Could we ask Glenn and the Moderates whether we could have a thread to discuss possible replacements with a poll attach aswell if possible and why people have choice that person.

I did think about starting a new thread and I think a poll would be a good idea but starting unecessary threads is frowned upon, I wanted to stay on the right side of the law unlike our current manager. If the mods want to split off my post with a poll that would be a good move.

Hughes I would love but what about Martin oneil ? More likely to accept IMO and it's been a year since he as been out of the game and he is probably itching to get back. Just a thought

Martin O'Neill fits the bill perfectly, will not take any nonsense from the owners and has the ability to create a club atmosphere and lead us forward. I also agree with Chaddy that Moyes is a good shout and he may be willing to jump ship if the right offer came along as he has taken Everton as far as he can on their resources but realisticly I still believe that would take a lot of convincing plus would he want to risk coming from a club where his job is stable and a good relationship with his chairman to the most unstable club in the country?

Archived