BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mark Hughes

That's double standards, don't you think?

Firstly, you agree that we had stability with the previous management, and replacing Allardyce with Kean destablized everything. So...wouldn't replacing Kean with Hughes destablize everything as well? I note that you are ignoring the point I made about Hughes having to draw up a whole new list of targets, hold another meeting and have his budget approved yet again.

So Kean bringing in Santa Cruz on loan was disastrous for the transfer window despite not spending a single cent on him, and as such you conclude that if you give Kean money to spend he will waste it yet you don't say the same for Mark Hughes who spent 17 million on Santa Cruz but ended up not using him for the couple of seasons he was here?

Now I like Mark Hughes and respect him very highly, but I also respect Kean, though to a lower extent and I feel that you're just putting on blinders whenever it comes to Kean. For other managers, such mistakes are not world-ending, but everything Kean does you seem to feel he deserves the sack, even if Hughes did the same thing.

Let's be fair to Kean, all right?

I wouldn't bother, far too many posters have backed themselves into a corner, and rational debate isn't welcome, they can’t handle it, it’s the party line or nowt!

Good post by the way :D

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Kean bringing in Santa Cruz on loan was disastrous for the transfer window despite not spending a single cent on him, and as such you conclude that if you give Kean money to spend he will waste it yet you don't say the same for Mark Hughes who spent 17 million on Santa Cruz but ended up not using him for the couple of seasons he was here?

Err did we not spend 90K a week on his wages?

Based on what? Its fashionable to dislike Kean I know, but beyond that? Kean has had 6 months in the job. Half of that went badly, half of it went well. He did reasonably in the January transfer window. He is going to be given the time to prove himself and based on our form from March to May he deserves that chance.

You honestly think its wise to restructure our management again just as the transfer window starts? Seriously?

Based on------Hughes came to us when we were down on our knees and looking at certain relegation.

Kean came to us when we were relatively safe and , despite 4 signings, took us to within a hairs-breadth of the drop!

So to summarise--Hughes made us safe, Kean endangered our existence.

Firstly, you agree that we had stability with the previous management, and replacing Allardyce with Kean destablized everything. So...wouldn't replacing Kean with Hughes destablize everything as well? I note that you are ignoring the point I made about Hughes having to draw up a whole new list of targets, hold another meeting and have his budget approved yet again. Edit: Oh, you did. Sorry about that.

If it happened during the middle of a season I would probably agree. But we have a budget in place and pre-season to come. If Kean was sacked now and Hughes was appointed I don't think it would destablise us at all, we have plenty of time to get the players in and get them used to Hughes's management.

Let's hope the Hughes rumour is true but I doubt it. Hughes would see us better off with 10 million than Kean will with 50. Kamy, have you heard anything?

I think this is just a delayed rumour in response to the odds of Hughes becoming our manager shortening the other day...

Fingers crossed its muppet out, manager in !

Then Rovers may begin to think about progression.

That's double standards, don't you think?

Firstly, you agree that we had stability with the previous management, and replacing Allardyce with Kean destablized everything. So...wouldn't replacing Kean with Hughes destablize everything as well?

No because Hughes is a real manager with the record to prove it. Vastly respected as a player and manager.

I have viewed a major decline of Rovers since his departure and some serious tough times. With the game being now more about short-termism rather than long-termism I probably would now take him back if he wanted to return. Would he leave again in the near future? Probably, but he would leave us in a stronger position his history has shown that. Rovers were certs for relegation, he kept us up and transformed us into a decent cup side pushing for Europe. Fulham looked in trouble but he turned them around and next season would have had them pushing for Europe. City did make progress under Hughes, not quick enough for the owners but it was progress.

Spot on.

It was a joy to be a Rovers fan with Sparky in charge, it's not that long ago we had Savage, Bentley, Benni, Bellamy, semi finals against Arsenal, a brief foray into Europe and finishing 7th in the league. Other teams seemed to have more respect for his 'physical' style and always put out strong sides against us.

Ok so he moved on, but to discuss Steve Kean in the same way is laughable and lamentable.

at least he will be able to attract the players we need though unlike kean!! 50 million is a lot of money to waste on crap!!!

Jones gone, samba, Holliet to follow!!!

gaz.. and others KEAN HAS HIS OWN THREAD! i wish people would stop hi-jacking every single thread and turn it into anti- kean! :wstu:

oh and gaz.., your pessimism astounds me! idiotic pointless post! :angry:

anyway.. back to MH! i'd have him back.. in an instant.. not gonna happen.. atleast this pre-season! :rover:

What could change the Rao's thinking ?

Kean is not proving a magnet for new players (no signings yet), possible feedback from others such as Samba, Hoilett etc (will stay for the right manager etc).

Would be a remarkable turnaround but the Raos are seemingly unpredictable.

Wouldn't quite rule this out.

Maybe both Hoilett and Samba have both slagged Kean off, citing him as a reason for wanting to leave the club. Just a thought.

Picture the scene.

A few years ago you got yourself a beautiful girlfriend. She really was fantastic and for a few years you were really happy together. However, towards the end of the relationship, things turned a bit sour. Things were going a little bit stale, and she was starting to cast glances towards guys with more money to spend. In fact she was pretty open about being prepared to leave for any guy showing an interest. Having flirted with numerous guys, she finally leaves you for a rich arab – who after less than two years discards her like a piece of rubbish. The last you heard she had a brief relationship with an asylum seeker in London – but she quickly got rid of him after a year after she decided she was too good for him.

Since she left, you had a relationship with Big Samantha – who while effective, was a little bit boring in the bed room. Having got rid of Samantha, you got together with another woman – who despite a rocky start to the relationship, seemed to be making improvements.

Then you find out that the original beautiful girlfriend wanted to come back. She’d heard you’d come into a bit of money. You were excited by the fact, but deep down you knew that she’d come back for a couple of years until the money had gone, before moving on to the next guy with any money. Your heart says take her back, but your head says stay clear.

Then you remember something – your new girlfriend is fat, Scottish, bald and useless. Of course you’re going to take back the original ;)

Let's be frank, 'in the game' we are seen as no bigger than Fulham, therefore it would be impossible to forsee him wanting to come back.

Of course, a vast budget could persuade him, but in his mind, he will have bigger fish to fry.

Sigh.

Picture the scene.

A few years ago you got yourself a beautiful girlfriend. She really was fantastic and for a few years you were really happy together. However, towards the end of the relationship, things turned a bit sour. Things were going a little bit stale, and she was starting to cast glances towards guys with more money to spend. In fact she was pretty open about being prepared to leave for any guy showing an interest. Having flirted with numerous guys, she finally leaves you for a rich arab – who after less than two years discards her like a piece of rubbish. The last you heard she had a brief relationship with an asylum seeker in London – but she quickly got rid of him after a year after she decided she was too good for him.

Since she left, you had a relationship with Big Samantha – who while effective, was a little bit boring in the bed room. Having got rid of Samantha, you got together with another woman – who despite a rocky start to the relationship, seemed to be making improvements.

Then you find out that the original beautiful girlfriend wanted to come back. She’d heard you’d come into a bit of money. You were excited by the fact, but deep down you knew that she’d come back for a couple of years until the money had gone, before moving on to the next guy with any money. Your heart says take her back, but your head says stay clear.

Then you remember something – your new girlfriend is fat, Scottish, bald and useless. Of course you’re going to take back the original ;)

Great Post :tu:

Picture the scene.

Quality ! :lol:

Facts - We went on a bad patch and didn't win a lot of matches. We didn't get relegated. We stayed up. We had an impressive 3-2 victory over Wolves for the last game. We didn't lose to Arsenal away or Manchester United at home despite "fans'" claims to the contrary. Steve Kean is not an excellent manager. He is not a horrible manager either. He is the manager of Blackburn at the moment. Those are facts.

So give him a break and a chance. If he does poorly, which isn't for certain and is not a fact, for the first few games, he will be sacked by Christmas, probably anyway. If he does well, then his critics would have to eat their words. But if nothing has happened yet and the transfer window isn't even over, why whine about it? No players have been signing for Blackburn? For crissakes, it's only 22nd June. It's way too early to be hitting the panic button and slamming Kean for not being able to attract "top" players.

Waffle.

Kean is a chancer who grabbed his opportunity when the previous manager was sacked. He is lucky to be in a job for which he is not qualified and came within 90 minutes of getting us relegated.

The owners say they have grand ambitions for the club but appointing Kean is at odds with those apparent ambitions. If they want Rovers to be a top side as they claim they should appoint a top manager.

It is likely Kean will (not deserves) be given another chance next season but if we are struggling after 10 -15 matches he should be binned pronto.

Picture the scene.

magnificent post (round of applause!)

who would i choose ?

drumroll.... the beautiful gold digger.. everytime! :unsure::D

BUT what if rumours on the hot girls return where unfounded and only posted on a social networking site where ANYTHING can be posted ? ;)

Waffle.

Kean is a chancer

changed the record, JIM! you always waffle! :wstu:

THIS THREAD ISNT ABOUT KEAN..

you seem a clever bloke.. so can only assume mischeif making!

Probably best this all moves to the Kean thread, as this thread is supposed to be about Mark Hughes.

Yes I know I am guilty of posting but if this turns in to another pro Kean and Anti Kean thread people will just loose interest.

I suggest the subject is very much linked to the other. Hughes 'maybe coming to Rovers' would therefore mean Kean going.

Waffle.

Kean is a chancer who grabbed his opportunity when the previous manager was sacked. He is lucky to be in a job for which he is not qualified and came within 90 minutes of getting us relegated.

The owners say they have grand ambitions for the club but appointing Kean is at odds with those apparent ambitions. If they want Rovers to be a top side as they claim they should appoint a top manager.

It is likely Kean will (not deserves) be given another chance next season but if we are struggling after 10 -15 matches he should be binned pronto.

Cornflakes. :P

Maybe Kean is a chancer, but that doesn't make my statements that you quoted any less of a fact. You may claim that he is not qualified and came within 90 minutes of getting us relegated, but the fact is he did better than the five managers below us, got us more than half of our points in half of a season and we did NOT get relegated. You can whine and flame Kean all you want (and please move it to the Kean thread) but that doesn't change the facts that we didn't get relegated and that we did amass at least 23 points out of 43 under Kean.

Picture the scene.

This is gold. Add to that, the original beautiful girlfriend is a fiery Welsh.

Yep, put a £1 on the lottery. There's more chance of that.

Well statistics and the bookmakers would say you are wrong on that one.

I can't see it but there is less chance of winning the lottery, especially if you play Euromillions as that's now £2 per entry.

Cornflakes. :P

(Kean) got us more than half of our points in half of a season and we did NOT get relegated. You can whine and flame Kean all you want (and please move it to the Kean thread) but that doesn't change the facts that we didn't get relegated and that we did amass at least 23 points out of 43 under Kean.

Facts--Sam--------21 pints from 17 games.

Kean-------22 from 21.

Not quite the slant you were putting on it!

Facts--Sam--------21 pints from 17 games.

Kean-------22 from 21.

Not quite the slant you were putting on it!

Sorry, I miscalculated. I thought it was 23.

But 22 points from 21 games means that Kean isn't the rubbish manager most people make him out to be.

I'll never forget a review of a Rovers game when Hughes was in charge, I think it was in the Times. It ended along the lines of "Under Hughes, Blackburn will be looking at Europe next year and judged on this performance, they may not be happy with a UEFA cup place".

We were tough to beat, we played as a team, we had goalscorers. Obviously we fell away and I think we ended up 7th but with the lack of strength in depth that was inevitable. I'm all for giving Kean a chance, but I also can't help but imaging what Hughes could do if properly financially backed.

That said, there's no chance of this whatsoever. By all accounts, negotiations are ongoing this week with players KEAN wants. If there was a chance of him being replaced two days later, even an inexperienced board would see the logic in delaying until the new man comes in.

Something else to bear in mind is that there is NOTHING to actually suggest Hughes might be coming back. Kamy has good contacts but as he says himself, none of the people texting him this morning are those contacts. If 10 people get something from one person and pass it on, that still means it's only come from one source. Thats the basics of gossip. As for the odds, Benitez was at far better odds wasn't he and nothing happened there. It's an odd market and seemingly significant shifts should not be trusted.

Archived