BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mark Hughes

Its a very easy, very lazy rumour to start, one circulated knowing the vast majority of rovers fans would jump on it and welcome him back with open arms like the messiah. The club are in a worse state than Hughes left and would arguably be quite a backwards step for him. I cannot see it happening at all.

my thoughts exactly.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I stated "take it or leave it"... Very rare if at all I pass on a rumour but this came from an unexpected source who I trust wouldn't have invented such a thing...

Have to wait and see I guess.

You've got money on it then Sys?

Some decent odds would be offered for such an event.

I laughed when I saw the title of this thread. Surely no-one can really believe this is true! We have no money and Venky's sure as hell wouldn't waste the last of it sacking Kean. Plus Hughes is done with us and wouldn't be interested as we have £0 to spend.

We have no money

I hope this line doesn't get repeated so much that it gets believed.

Owners are meant to invest in their team. Venky's have money. If they wanted to fire Kean and appoint a competent management team then they could.

Venky's are choosing for us to have no money.

I hope this line doesn't get repeated so much that it gets believed.

Owners are meant to invest in their team. Venky's have money. If they wanted to fire Kean and appoint a competent management team then they could.

Venky's are choosing for us to have no money.

Venky's have money but they know it would be foolish to risk their financial future by throwing money at the club and then quite possibly need to bail us out again further down the line. Plus they do not know this business, which has been proven numerous times. They're like the waitress going off to Holywood with dreams of making it big.

Three steps to fix all this:

1. Get rid of the "advisers" Kentaro group

2. Bring in a tried and tested chief exec/chairman to RUN THE CLUB

3. Get involved when asked to by the cheif exec and his team - the rest of the time stay back and let people in the know to handle cub affairs

Venky's have money but they know it would be foolish to risk their financial future by throwing money at the club and then quite possibly need to bail us out again further down the line.

It's not about throwing money around and bailing out. It's about investing. Making money available to sign the likes of Witsel and Cissé would have been an investment in the business.

We had owners that were running us without investment, and virtually everyone has agreed for a long time that it wasn't sustainable. We needed investment, which is why most were happy with new owners. However, Venky's are not giving us anything. It seems like they've charged the bill of sacking Allardyce and appointing Kean directly to the club.

What was the point of having a change of ownership if it wasn't to bring money to invest? We would have been better off with the Trust, at least they had people who knew how to run the club on little money.

I think years of the Trust giving us nothing has clouded peoples' view on what football club owners should be doing for their club.

Do we think Venky's have been speaking to good old Bryan - he was coming out with some crackers last night on loans (or should that be leasing) and free transfers.

I like the fact Sir Alex likes to party and phones need to be confiscated in Bangkok when he does so. We all know Bangkok is full of "ladies" of all types :P

I like the fact Sir Alex likes to party and phones need to be confiscated in Bangkok when he does so. We all know Bangkok is full of "ladies" of all types :P

i couldnt believe how stupid a knight of the realm could be!

and i couldnt see ped anywhere in shot at san carlos.. :P

• 4 weeks later...

Perhaps if Hughes returned Rovers could have a chance at signing Bellamy back? Then they pick up Bassong from Spurs and Anelka from Chelsea. Just missing a midfielder and top 10 finish is just around the corner...should have put this in the "i wish" thread.

He wouldnt come back, would he?.

Surely it would be a step back for him?

Anyway, if Venkys somehow managed to pull this off, give Kean the sack and employ Hughes, I would be so delighted I cant even describe it!

Would almost get a Venkys tattoo across my face!! :lol:

Message to Venkys: Make Mark Hughes our new Manager (maybe with Kean withrawn to a coach-role again?) and I will LOVE YOU!

Archived