BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(AM) Joe Cole - Tweets have us bidding £4m

leerovers1980

.... what? :blink:

Joe Cole defines quick attacking style compared to the panzers we currently have on the books.

If we hadn't had 50 million waved in our face, people would be positively drooling at the prospect.

We still are Blackburn RoversWE THINK WE ARE PLAYING FOOTY MANAGER AS REAL MADRID you know, remember where we finished last season? Remember our attacking style was all shoved on one players very young shoulders?

• Backroom

Class is permanent and this lad has it. Remember his goal in the world cup that time? Tell me who we have currently capable of that kind of skill and technique.

At 29 he's far from a write off and I'd love to see him brought in

Cole has been on the way down now for the past 2 years. Similar to Robbie Keane a few years ago when you could see his legs had gone. Top player in his day, but, for me, that day was a while ago. Might just be me, but always thought he was not a natural striker of a football, not aesthetically pleasing

Yep agree, I think Cole is a good player and I think he would be worth 4 million.

I know he lost his way at Liverpool but he is a creative skilful player. There were a lot of top clubs in for him last summer.

I can't see it happening though, i'm sure bigger clubs will be interested.

Why would they be interested? Chelsea didn't want him anymore. The story last season was that he just needed a chance to play more and he'd recapture his old magic. Instead, he was either injured or ineffective (again). Liverpool don't want him anymore. So now the story is that he just needs a chance to play more and he'll recapture his old magic again. What's most likely is that he'll just be injured or ineffective.

Cole has been on the way down now for the past 2 years. Similar to Robbie Keane a few years ago when you could see his legs had gone. Top player in his day, but, for me, that day was a while ago. Might just be me, but always thought he was not a natural striker of a football, not aesthetically pleasing

We have the world to choose from.

Compare someone to a croc or a chump...not fair.

I honestly don't think Joe Cole is in the top half of players we should be looking at.

Honestly.

CHUMP? the last 3 managers rate him!

croc? 4 million paid .

ok ,in the real world of blackburn rovers,not a fantasy world,remembering what happened last year and ignoring all keans brainwashing chicken dippers,WHO WOULD YOU BUY? wont be checking tonight because the loons have taken over the asylum and the mrs needs some ABBEY love :)

Hmmm Let me think Peders or Cole ?

Think Cole may shade it.

Some people round here would find fault in Messi, well he never tracks back does he!!

top first post fudge.

Think Cole may shade it.

Some people round here would find fault in Messi, well he never tracks back does he!!

It's not a case of Cole V's a current player.

It's about value of player, sell on fee and is there something better out there

I just think he has faded over the last few years and im not sure if he has the bit between his teeth anymore....he also gets his fair share of injuries. No doubting his quality on his day, id just prefer a pacey winger rather than him.

Abbey - Tugay is a good point....but he was a central player who just sprays the ball around, Cole seems to play out wide more. He could work, im not denying that - just dont want us getting stung with huge wages....like I wouldnt want us to with Vucinic or Adebayor

Could it be that he has been in teams surrounded by prima donnas and a subs bench worth about a hundred million pounds?

Also, that crap with his wife must have messed his head up pretty badly.

I feel that a fresh start at a down to earth football club, like ours, would give him a massive boost and would be a fan favorite very quickly.

Checked both ends on Cole...and it has been denied at both ends.

It doesn't fit with the players being looked at and asked about for that position.

All three are younger, probably better...but unfortunately quite expensive. Although their wages would be much less than Joe's.

I just think he has faded over the last few years and im not sure if he has the bit between his teeth anymore....he also gets his fair share of injuries. No doubting his quality on his day, id just prefer a pacey winger rather than him.

Abbey - Tugay is a good point....but he was a central player who just sprays the ball around, Cole seems to play out wide more. He could work, im not denying that - just dont want us getting stung with huge wages....like I wouldnt want us to with Vucinic or Adebayor

Wages are going to be hideous regardless with us throwing dosh around like Loadsamoney on crack.

I would rather have sensible additions to the squad, which he would be, than idiocy to make papers look our way.

Think Cole may shade it.

I would rather Pedersen at least he has a few games left in the engine. Joe Cole legs have gone he will never be as good as he once was he is in the same category as Dunn now, technically excellent physically crap!.

Why would they be interested? Chelsea didn't want him anymore. The story last season was that he just needed a chance to play more and he'd recapture his old magic. Instead, he was either injured or ineffective (again). Liverpool don't want him anymore. So now the story is that he just needs a chance to play more and he'll recapture his old magic again. What's most likely is that he'll just be injured or ineffective.

Joe Cole for us would be a good signing, fair enough he hasn't been at his best last season but on his day he is a class player. Miles better than some of the players we have now.

I also think teams like Everton, Sunderland and Villa would be interested as well.

Maybe my expectations are not as high as some people but I would love to see someone like Joe Cole at Rovers.

Checked both ends on Cole...and it has been denied at both ends.

It doesn't fit with the players being looked at and asked about for that position.

All three are younger, probably better...but unfortunately quite expensive. Although their wages would be much less than Joe's.

Damn it.

To be honest I think Hoilett is a lot better than Cole is currently.

I second that.

Cole could have come good for us but I'm happy without him. Happy either way as there were as many potential pitfalls as peaks with signing that one. Could have been good, not to be. Next target!

Archived