BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] NICKO

can we start a petition to keep nicko from disappearing for good? he said earlier he wont be coming back after getting his post deleted, we need you on here, without your information its not nearly as interesting. Mods can you not give nicko special discompensation with his posts, his information makes the threads on this forum worth reading.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whether he comes back or not is his own decision! He is a grown man after all, some posters royally take the ###### out of him and his profession at times, which I would find upsetting if it were me!

We all know Alan adds something special to this board, and makes the place unique, but I am sure brfcs will survive without him.

Best of luck Alan, and if you do come back.....you're some gobshite ;)

i agree, he comes on here to share info with us, in his personal time and certain people, especially newbies, who have been on here 2 minutes do nothing but ridicule him and his stories. Back off him naysayers. Im not sucking up to him, lol, just he adds alot to these discussions and it makes things more interesting.

Nicko has to abide by the same rules that apply to every other member of the board.

If he wishes to leave then that is his choice. As this is a non footballing topic I will move it to ICBINF.

Nicko has to abide by the same rules that apply to every other member of the board.

If he wishes to leave then that is his choice. As this is a non footballing topic I will move it to ICBINF.

Agreed (also not the first time this has happened :P)

i agree, he comes on here to share info with us, in his personal time and certain people, especially newbies, who have been on here 2 minutes do nothing but ridicule him and his stories. Back off him naysayers. Im not sucking up to him, lol, just he adds alot to these discussions and it makes things more interesting.

His information and shocking strike rate does pour plenty of flames onto the fire though.

Love him or hate him, you can't understate all the good Alan's done for site. But he gets to play by the same rules as everyone else (and even then, I think he's mistaken, I can't find what he's going on about). This place wouldn't work if didn't have to.

and thats a good thing as it keeps everyone awake, lol, it keeps the topics alive.

glenn i agree but i think nicko is vital to keeping dicussions alive, his new info always adds to the heat of the debate. i for one enjoy coming on here because i know he will have something new for everyone to discuss.

• Backroom

and thats a good thing as it keeps everyone awake, lol, it keeps the topics alive.

It certainly keeps Glenn awake, till 3am trying to fix the server that is.

As Glenn said in another topic we are having to remove (and move) a lot of posts (especially in the transfer section) at present to keep it on track and on topic and sometimes this is bound to upset the author of said post. Although in this situation I'm not sure exactly what has or hasn't been removed.

Hopefully Nicko comes back as 99% of us enjoy and value his input but it would be unfair on everyone to give him special discompensation.

Nicko gives as good as he gets. It's the personal insults from both sides that does it. But Nicko is only trying to help, so should lay off him, all we can do is discuss what we know, not argue over it all.

glenn i agree but i think nicko is vital to keeping dicussions alive, his new info always adds to the heat of the debate. i for one enjoy coming on here because i know he will have something new for everyone to discuss.

That's odd. We seemed to survive quite well for a decade without him.

The last two posts I saw from Nicko started with something like 'haflwit' and 'keep taking those meds'. There was another one full of insults aimed at a another poster but can't find it now and assume it was the one he's annoyed was deleted. In short nicko gives a lot more than he gets.

Very few people insult nicko on a personal level but have the temerity to doubt or question one of his tales and expect a personal insult in return (as well as several posts from the nickoteens condemning you as well). If nicko didn't care whether you believed him or not there wouldn't be a problem but he does tend to take any kind of doubt on one of his story very personally IMO.

Nicko does not own or even moderate this site but expects to be granted special privileges and I am actually quite refreshed by the words of Glenn and Modes on this issue so far who are keen to show that he has to abide by the same rules we all do, as should be the way. the reason he left (because one of his precious posts was deleted), is just pathetic to say the least.

I've followed this site for years and I'm sure nicko has "left" the site on more than one occasion but he always comes back. Deep down I think he loves arguing with the people who enjoy slagging him off just as much, but even more than that I think he adores the adulation he gets from the nickoteens.

Love him or hate him, you can't understate all the good Alan's done for site. But he gets to play by the same rules as everyone else (and even then, I think he's mistaken, I can't find what he's going on about). This place wouldn't work if didn't have to.

I think I know the post he was refering to, there was one where he used a swear word (he hashed it) as part of an insult but can't find it now in the thread so assume it was deleted.

true blue and white your right, he does give as good as he gets but when certain people pick on him all the time, when he is just trying to relay info to us free of charge, really irritates me. I am a nickoteen, i enjoy hearing breaking news from him on here as it adds excitement to the discussion we have on here. Some people though make it their life's work to run down every story he posts on this forum. Im sure he will be back but for now i need a patch to stop my cravings.

I've followed this site for years and I'm sure nicko has "left" the site on more than one occasion but he always comes back.

I have posted here for a couple of years but lurked for a few more before that. I think this is at least the 5th time I have seen nicko 'leave the forum forever'.

I would not worry anyone.

true blue and white your right, he does give as good as he gets but when certain people pick on him all the time, when he is just trying to relay info to us free of charge, really irritates me. I am a nickoteen, i enjoy hearing breaking news from him on here as it adds excitement to the discussion we have on here. Some people though make it their life's work to run down every story he posts on this forum. Im sure he will be back but for now i need a patch to stop my cravings.

I'm probably guilty of giving him flak but I would never personally insult him (unless insulted by him first which has happened) I only question the validity of his stories sometimes when something doesn't quite add up and I find he takes this questioning as a personal insult.

I guess the reason I do it is because he is very quick to rub it and claim 100% credit in when one of his stories comes off but then blames his 'sources' or shifts the goal posts when it doesn't.

In fairness, Nicko does take an awful lot of stick. And those who expect him to reveal his sources, or fail to account that management's opinions change with the day (more so with Venkys), are clearly either not too bright, deluded, or playing a game.

On the other hand, I like the phrase "mantrum". :D

I think we should all buy a card and all sign it.

Then talk about how we feel about the loss.

He should be back by then, I think his longest mantrum lasted two weeks.

If only nicko was here he'd tell you that he "does the funnies" ;)

We could have at least tried to sell him to a Man United board first.

We could have accepted 16p for him, raising to 20p based on him hitting 1000 posts without throwing a hissy fit and leaving the board first.

Archived