BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] NICKO

Just as an aside...... whats the point of Nicko if we are for sale and the purse strings have been drawn together for the forseeable future?

I guess it depends if you see him as a source of transfer rumours or of rumours about the club as a whole

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember the great spat he had with Scotty a couple of years back. "That's me done" he said.

He was back a couple of weeks later :lol:

Shame that Scotty stopped posting after all that nonsense.

I always remember when me Scotty amd i think it was Jordan all shared a room in germany. Scotty kindly pointed out that if I was cheery and happy when I woke up in the morning he would a) lock me in the bathroom or B) kill me.

Happy days lol.

I guess it depends if you see him as a source of transfer rumours or of rumours about the club as a whole

Why does it matter? All of these transfer rumours get reported elsewhere anyway, usually before nicko has even told us anything. The information he provides us on the side is usually generic as well and would usually come from the player agent, not a direct source at the club who would truly be "in the know".

How many of our signings has nicko actually uncovered before anyone else? None in the January window.

He has been thriving on this messageboard from people hanging on to his every word, and generating a devoted audience for his articles online and in the paper. He'll be back because you don't just give a huge part of your audience the finger. Even though the so-called "nickoteens" will probably go and read his articles whether he's on the messageboard or not.

He's a journalist and he's great at what he does and he obviously has some decent contacts, but to equate that with him knowing what's going on around the club is just wrong and has been causing mass hysteria and problems on this forum. We've heard nothing concrete from the owners or Kean yet, in regards to our budget or player acquisitions, yet people have been making assumptions based on nicko's "reporting". The majority of posters on here have taken nicko's statements as fact, whereas he has provided us with absolutely no source for any of his statements.

Correct, you never do. You're like the giggling schoolkid at the back of the class, chucking stuff at the teachers until you get chucked out of class. Then you bleat that its not fair.

And you're that power crazed teacher nobody respects, who acts ridiculously over the top and never makes any attempt to justify his blatantly unnecessary actions.

Cheers for the analogy.

So basically your little rant earlier was because you are upset that the only reason you come here (nicko) has gone. The irony is you moaning about bad admin policy when in fact it was good admin policy, i.e making sure nicko abides by the same rules everyone else does, that he had his mantrum (trademark of reb) and walked off, so I don't know exactly what you're complaint is.

It seems to me you think it's unfair that nicko should be treated like everyone else because he gives you some small personal pleasure that others don't. In that case can Rebelswar be immune too as I find some of his post rather funny.

You're pretty much the poster boy of what's killed this site. I'm suggesting that the mods let us post whatever we want.

I bet if this were the case the quality would improve.

No, because I don't believe they were

one of the reasons, why I'm happy with the new layout. imagine over 200 pages of transfer talk, and people thinking their posts were removed when in fact its on page 20. the transfer thread moves to quickly, and you can be on page 1, when you look again, its on page 20

Hello! I do read the mb from time to time - just circumstances and / or lack of interest mean that I don't post much these days.

As for Nicko, I could never work out why he spent so much time here, but he keeps coming back so I'm sure he will again soon. Probably when he needs a few quid again! ;)

Like who Shilly? A lot of the old guard are still here, there are just a hell of a lot of newbies- most with January and June joining dates.

T4E was always my favourite, but Smiffy was a right card too. Used to enjoy Tris giving me hell too. And whatever happened to Nuclear_Sox? I'm sure there's a couple others who I forgot.

I honestly enjoyed Nickos comments, he is without question a dedicated sports journalist and a decent one too, hoewever, the mods are correct, we all live by the same rules and that is how it should be, if we miss his input (The teasers through the day apart) any real info can be found on the Mirror Online shortly after 11pm!!

So the 11 o'clocker, give or take a few minutes, still exists, unless he quit and joined the News of The World :lol:

one of the reasons, why I'm happy with the new layout. imagine over 200 pages of transfer talk, and people thinking their posts were removed when in fact its on page 20. the transfer thread moves to quickly, and you can be on page 1, when you look again, its on page 20

Double edged sword.

Because of all the post removal the click next newest post button no longer functions meaning when you return to the thread to pick up where you left off, you go straight to the most recent post.

But what is worse, that or having to read through pages and pages of insults.

Having said that, I'd be in favour of S15's idea of a moderator-less thread (maybe even as an experiment). Turn on the +/- or like/dislike buttons, and let the posters self moderate to hide unwanted posts and/or use the report button. But the "score" for a post should include the number of plusses and minusses and not just the net score.

It might turn into childing point scoring but it'd be interesting to see if the quality of posts improves did eventually improve though.

EDIT: That is SPOOKY - when did that happen??

T4E was always my favourite, but Smiffy was a right card too. Used to enjoy Tris giving me hell too. And whatever happened to Nuclear_Sox? I'm sure there's a couple others who I forgot.

Anti Euro Smiths Fan, what ever did happen to him?

Double edged sword.

Because of all the post removal the click next newest post button no longer functions meaning when you return to the thread to pick up where you left off, you go straight to the most recent post.

But what is worse, that or having to read through pages and pages of insults.

Having said that, I'd be in favour of S15's idea of a moderator-less thread (maybe even as an experiment). Turn on the +/- or like/dislike buttons, and let the posters self moderate to hide unwanted posts and/or use the report button. But the "score" for a post should include the number of plusses and minusses and not just the net score.

It might turn into childing point scoring but it'd be interesting to see if the quality of posts improves did eventually improve though.

About 20 mins ago. Spooky coincidence or what :) To be fair it was a discussion between the mods about how only moderating the posts that leave us in hot water would work (promoted by Shilly's comments), which reminded me to try a modified version of the rep system. Now you can only Rep posts. This has no bearing what so ever on personal reputation (which is disabled). So now poster can say "this post is ace/crap" without saying "this poster is ace/crap".

Anti Euro Smiths Fan, what ever did happen to him?

He still pops by occasionally. I keep trying to convince him to return to posting (especially as a large part of an unfortunate misunderstanding has been cleared up) and I still have hope that one day he will.

To echo Gordan on Scotty, "Not keen on his politics, but enjoyed his posts". (I mean to echo his comment but ABOUT Smiffy. I'd imagine mine and Scotty's politics are quite similar)

I'm suggesting that the mods let us post whatever we want.

I bet if this were the case the quality would improve.

Then why have mods at all?

Me? The 13th Duke of Tashbourne? Here? On a BRFCS message board with the shilliboys? At one o'clock in the morning and no mods? With my reputation? What were they thinking of................................................................... (wavy lines and all that oh so hilarious shyieete) :tu:

About 20 mins ago. Spooky coincidence or what :) To be fair it was a discussion between the mods about how only moderating the posts that leave us in hot water would work (promoted by Shilly's comments), which reminded me to try a modified version of the rep system. Now you can only Rep posts. This has no bearing what so ever on personal reputation (which is disabled). So now poster can say "this post is ace/crap" without saying "this poster is ace/crap".

Good call, but it would be good to see the total of each, rather than only the net score. (Yes, I know I'm demanding :D )

But it would show where a controversial post had say 5 pluses and 6 minuses rather than a score of -1.

If you see what I mean.

Sorry, as far as I can see (and I've been here a lot longer than some who are moaning about him) he posts information about potential transfer targets. If that causes mass hysteria then it says more about the hysterical than it does about him. The latest mass hysteria post has actually come from the board itself - about Venky's selling - and it seems the lead-up to this spat was because certain posters wanted Nicko to run the rumour in the press.

Exactly. I'd rather read about players we MAY be linked to than peoples wish lists. And I'm sure that we are wise enough to understand that they are rumours, not gospel. Some real idiots on this board at the moment.

The least you could do is post a public list of those who clicked positive and negative reps so I can go round to their Ma's house for the former for a celebratory shag or to the doss house of the latter so I can shyiite up their left nostril and pish into their left external auditory canal ( always had a fetish for the sinister me....................)

Archived