BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] NICKO

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can we start a petition to keep nicko from disappearing for good? he said earlier he wont be coming back after getting his post deleted, we need you on here, without your information its not nearly as interesting. Mods can you not give nicko special discompensation with his posts, his information makes the threads on this forum worth reading.

dispensation! :rolleyes: You'll need to learn to spell much better than that roverandout if you want to pass your GCSE's and grow up to be a sports journo like your hero.

He creates so many uncertainties and causes so much mass hysteria. It is his job, but it is not needed here. His posts - whether it is his fault or not - make this place intolerable most of the time. While Nicko can keep himself grounded, very rarely does he commit himself to anything at all. His presence on this site, while appreciated, is not beneficial in my opinion. Nicko works in a different way to Kamy, who reveals what he knows and is honest with us fans, Nicko is so constantly vague and so many people bite, it's quite pathetic really. Let's wait and see what happens, but if we are discussing the merits of Nicko, then I personally appreciate his info, but do not appreciate the way that he presents it. If he were to go, it would certainly not be detrimental to this site. He is a journalist, if he didn't need us, he would not be here. Do not think he is here out of kindness for one second...

He creates so many uncertainties and causes so much mass hysteria. It is his job, but it is not needed here. His posts - whether it is his fault or not - make this place intolerable most of the time. While Nicko can keep himself grounded, very rarely does he commit himself to anything at all. His presence on this site, while appreciated, is not beneficial in my opinion. Nicko works in a different way to Kamy, who reveals what he knows and is honest with us fans, Nicko is so constantly vague and so many people bite, it's quite pathetic really. Let's wait and see what happens, but if we are discussing the merits of Nicko, then I personally appreciate his info, but do not appreciate the way that he presents it. If he were to go, it would certainly not be detrimental to this site. He is a journalist, if he didn't need us, he would not be here. Do not think he is here out of kindness for one second...

To be fair, Alan did reveal his information straight away, however his information was being picked up by other journalists and 'pinched'. This caused him to just reveal small bits of information at 9 o'clock which was then later moved to 11 o'clock. His information majority of the time is bang on the money.

I think initially he came over to get/share information about a proposed takeover that fell through, then broke the Maceo Rigters story.

I hope that clarifies the reason to how he presents his information, not to cause mass hysteria.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRMBlFGtVJw

Although like others have said, he's got form for throwing his toys out of the pram.

I personally dread transfer window time on the MB.

It's weeks of "Nicko will there be an II o'clocker" culminating in god knows how many transfer rumour threads,endless arguments and bloody server crashes.

Sure he's here because he's a journo. Who cares. He's also a human being and the amount of crap that people give him is ridiculous. Sure it's a forum and you're entitled to say what you want, but don't get insulted when he throws it back at you. Yes I've seen him be rude to people who meant nothing rude by what they say, but I don't blame him for that at all because of all of the negative things that get thrown his way by other posters. I'm sure that gets annoying. And when he DOES get a story wrong, he's the first to admit it, along with if he's rude to somebody that he shouldn't have been. This actually happened today.

From a neutral standpoint, if what he says every once in a while to other negative posters is worthy of being deleted, then I can name you at least 15 members who are worthy of being banned for life.

He creates so many uncertainties and causes so much mass hysteria. It is his job, but it is not needed here.

Sorry, as far as I can see (and I've been here a lot longer than some who are moaning about him) he posts information about potential transfer targets. If that causes mass hysteria then it says more about the hysterical than it does about him. The latest mass hysteria post has actually come from the board itself - about Venky's selling - and it seems the lead-up to this spat was because certain posters wanted Nicko to run the rumour in the press.

I have posted here for a couple of years but lurked for a few more before that. I think this is at least the 5th time I have seen nicko 'leave the forum forever'.

I would not worry anyone.

I hope he does come back , as he is quite astute and has good north west contacts , as you know in his game contacts arent always correct as a lot of press stories are rumours....

Nicko undoubtedly adds enormously to this MB.

I have been the cause of him disappearing in the past so he and I have not seen eye to eye all the time but the lace is poorer without him.

Part of the problem is the MB gives people insights into worlds they never normally see. Many posters are completely bemused by the complexities and the ccdes we all use including nicko to get information over. They get frustrated that there isn't a simple open story to tell and take it out on the posters.

Yes nicko has a thin skin but we all do and take it out in different ways.

I hope he comes back.

true blue and white your right, he does give as good as he gets but when certain people pick on him all the time, when he is just trying to relay info to us free of charge, really irritates me. I am a nickoteen, i enjoy hearing breaking news from him on here as it adds excitement to the discussion we have on here. Some people though make it their life's work to run down every story he posts on this forum. Im sure he will be back but for now i need a patch to stop my cravings.

Others have suggested and I'd agree that he gets just as much info coming on here that he gives. One example being Hughsey being able to break the Salgado signing for him.

The messageboard has more than two areas for discussion. It is more than "Random Name Generator for No-chance of Signing" and "Let's Bash Whichever Owners Are Around This Week". Don't see Nicko contributing much to anything else on the wider elements of Rovers related discussion.

That's perfectly fine as some people will gravitate to only some discussions. However, to say the site as a whole is so much poorer for him wandering off in a sulk rather neglects that there is a lot more to be a Rovers fan than silly little games of can I get a rumour to stick.

I'm currently looking after my parents cats whilst they are on holiday and the way some of the members on here act is so like the cats before feedtime. Look up longingly, and mew a lot - "please feed me, please feed me." (they particularly like their 10 o' clocker)

It's always a poor day when anyone who does provide good contribution to the board decides to call it quits (there aren't that many left now). Hope he returns, but that something sensible is done with the way his posts are 'managed' that doesn't lead to baiting and counterbating, and the absolutely pointless questioning for info.

Part of the problem is the MB gives people insights into worlds they never normally see. Many posters are completely bemused by the complexities and the ccdes we all use including nicko to get information over. They get frustrated that there isn't a simple open story to tell and take it out on the posters.

Come on Philipl, I'm not buying into that coded mumbo jumbo stuff especially when you not often right.

The post deletion on this website has been pathetic for too long.

The powers that be need to have a browse around other messageboards, and try not to run this one exactly as their 'head ideology' would have it. You're only allowed to say certain things, and there's only one or two people who decide what everyone is allowed to say.

A massive reason (but still only one of many) why this messageboard is absolutely @#/? now, and a big reason why the only posters who's post were worth reading don't post anymore.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're an absolute joke.

(No doubt this will get removed, as you're not allowed to express a negative opinion on other posters; just as in every day society :rolleyes: ).

He'll be reading this now and will start posting again before you know it - he gets far too much of his information on Rovers from this site to stay away.

I do agree that he gets far too personally offended if you question any of his stories - you're a red-top sports journo; at your age you should expect cynicism, doubt and criticism., particularly when probably 1 in 10 of the stories actually ring true.

I've been on here years before registering and it was a perfectly fine MB before he came, so we'll be fine in the few days that he's having his mantrum (I'm nicking that :)).

S15 so why are you still here then? I don't get it.

If all the other forums are better run and better moderated what has kept you coming back to this site time over time for years and years.

Personally if I go on a site and don't like it I dont go back to it. Just seems odd that it's an awful site according to you but you haven't bothered cancelling your account and leaving.

The post deletion on this website has been pathetic for too long.

The powers that be need to have a browse around other messageboards, and try not to run this one exactly as their 'head ideology' would have it. You're only allowed to say certain things, and there's only one or two people who decide what everyone is allowed to say.

A massive reason (but still only one of many) why this messageboard is absolutely @#/? now, and a big reason why the only posters who's post were worth reading don't post anymore.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're an absolute joke.

(No doubt this will get removed, as you're not allowed to express a negative opinion on other posters; just as in every day society :rolleyes: ).

What is this, annoy the snot out of Glenn's day by pushing all his buttons at once? I know I should walk away and frankly have better things to do (oddly I should be working on a high street brand's on their online community strategy, so the implication I should "read other forums" is rather comical, I've looked at hundreds over the last month, not to mention the half dozen I help run and loads more I regularly read), but I think this needs explaining. Also, quite how do you know what posts have been removed elsewhere?

1. We flag for overview posts that could leave us in a potentially legal situation

2. We flag for overview anything that contains bad language or otherwise grossly insensitive or offensive.

3. IN HIGH TRAFFIC THREADS We flag for overview anything that is off topic/contains nothing over value (i.e. petty squabbling). <==== This is currently 99% of the removed posts and is done mainly so people who aren't sat reading the forum 24/7 can keep up and don't have to read 200 content-less posts to find a good one.

It should also be noted nothing is ever deleted, just hidden from view, so other mods and admins can come along and re-instate it if they feel. Mods are encouraged that if they are in doubt, remove first the get others to advise, so it's not uncommon to see a fairly tame post removed then reinstated.

We NEVER remove posts based on what people say, everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how distasteful or unpleasant, however we will remove posts said in the wrong way or in the wrong place.

I hope that clears it up (again)

Oh and thanks for coming up with yet another reason why some of the old guard no longer post, it's about the 20th theory I've heard (including, to keep this vaguely on topic both Nicko's and your own presence). The truth is our user base is now so big we're always going to upset somebody, so I don't doubt we've lost some people based purely on decisions we've made (in fact, two such people spring to mind, both I'm hoping will post again one) but the truth is there is no one simple reason, everyone has their own reasons, there isno one quick fix, some people just move on.

Added a few words that I didn't say there Ricky. I seldom post and never get involved in discussions nowadays; like many others I check in to see if Nixon or the likes have any interesting information, and every so often bite at the odd ridiculous post.

Never would I actually actively contribute by form of a discussion, because if you go slightly off topic or say something that somebody else might not like, it's curtains.

For whatever reason this place lost what made it special. Now it's just another generic messageboard.

Glenn - I'm with you on this.

No one poster should be above the rules just like no one player should be bigger than the club.

I'll miss Nicko's insights and the board will be poorer without him but if he wants to throw a fit everytime someone asks him to follow the rules, then all i can say is good riddance.

Fleet Street is a tough school full of hard characters so it is surprising he is so thin-skinned. Perhaps he gets such a hard time in his day job he doesn't need more abuse on the messageboard of a club he doesn't support.

The messageboard has been good to him though - he earns his crust by writing the titbits of information gleaned from contacts and this place will have been a good source of information for him.

I for one liked to read what he had to say. However we all need to stick to the same rules and agree to uphold them.

free speech yes, but from time to time we have to think how we write comments not just what is in them. :unsure:

Added a few words that I didn't say there Ricky. I seldom post and never get involved in discussions nowadays; like many others I check in to see if Nixon or the likes have any interesting information, and every so often bite at the odd ridiculous post.

Never would I actually actively contribute by form of a discussion, because if you go slightly off topic or say something that somebody else might not like, it's curtains.

For whatever reason this place lost what made it special. Now it's just another generic messageboard.

So basically your little rant earlier was because you are upset that the only reason you come here (nicko) has gone. The irony is you moaning about bad admin policy when in fact it was good admin policy, i.e making sure nicko abides by the same rules everyone else does, that he had his mantrum (trademark of reb) and walked off, so I don't know exactly what you're complaint is.

It seems to me you think it's unfair that nicko should be treated like everyone else because he gives you some small personal pleasure that others don't. In that case can Rebelswar be immune too as I find some of his post rather funny.

Fleet Street is a tough school full of hard characters so it is surprising he is so thin-skinned. Perhaps he gets such a hard time in his day job he doesn't need more abuse on the messageboard of a club he doesn't support.

What day job? He doesn't work in Fleet Street, he's freelance. In other words he sits around his home office in his pants waiting for the cleaner at Brockhall to give him a ring and let him know the gossip, he then emails that to the Mirror/People and they credit his PayPal account with a few shiny gold coins for his efforts.

I think that how it works anyway.

Archived