BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFCS Podcast #2

Guest Wen Y Hu

I'd like an interview with our erstwhile manager, Mr Kean.

It might give him the chance to placate some of our more nervous board members.

The other thing I would like is an interview, maybe 5 or 10 minutes, with a board member. I realise with some there maybe more bleeps than words, but it could be interesting.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes an interview with kean / management would be valued

Interview with Kean - no thanks. I would not want to put those recording the podcast in legal danger. The temptation to - well the list is endless.

Why not.

Don't assume your thought belong to everyone.

Give him a chance to put his thought, he is, after all the current manager.

So I guess you will be looking forward to comments from our 'coach' like:

"Rovers will have the largest warchest they have had since the days of Jack".

and

"Rovers will make the Champions League in the next 3-4 years".

?

Why not.

Don't assume your thought belong to everyone.

Give him a chance to put his thought, he is, after all the current manager.

Doesn't he give interviews on Rovers World / Player (whatever it is called these days) where he will spout the normal official line. Not sure the club would allow him to talk to us anyway.

On the podcast, wow! I didn't know it had been edited at all, sounded like a complete run through. Well done to all guys and nice editing!

I don't think we'd get access to Steve Kean. Hughsey had done a lot of work to arrange an interview with somebody else at the club and sadly the end result after it had gone through the official channels was so bland and such a reworking of previous interviews that were probably not even going to bother running it.

So I guess you will be looking forward to comments from our 'coach' like:

"Rovers will have the largest warchest they have had since the days of Jack".

and

"Rovers will make the Champions League in the next 3-4 years".

?

I was thinking of the questions asked, rather than the answers given.

The way the answer is given can be more revealing than the actual question.

Or maybe you just don't want to know.

Again I thought this podcast was superb, Kamy, Wen and Phillip were really interesting to listen to.

Even though I have said in the other thread that I'm not sure if it is a good idea to talk in open about the rumoured takeover it was really interesting to listen to Philips take on the whole thing. I think Kamys transfer roundup was superb as well.

I thought the length of the podcast was fine as well.

With regards to future podcasts, would it be possible to get mr nixon involved ? We have all been reading his comments on here for a few years now and it would be good to listen to what he has to say as well.

Well done guys !

why if i right click, save target do i get the 1st podcast? I saved the initial one to my desktop, when i tried to save again, it asked if i wanted to over ride the one i already downloaded. :unsure:

why if i right click, save target do i get the 1st podcast? I saved the initial one to my desktop, when i tried to save again, it asked if i wanted to over ride the one i already downloaded. :unsure:

yeah just right click and download. :) if youre still aving problems just rename it.

kammy and wen great listen as usual.

and i have to praise phillipl. i dont always agree with his opinions, but found him very interesting and erudite!

PhillipL you made a couple of mistakes when it comes to web results, Firstly it's number or results and not hits (hits suggest how many times people have searched for it) and it's 13,200,000 results for Blackburn AND Rovers. You searched for Blackburn OR Rovers which gives you the 13.8m results.

This is how you should search for results with more than one word (use quotation marks)

http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy&hl=en&source=hp&q=%22blackburn+rovers%22&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=39434c9af571d2e3&biw=1299&bih=890

That's just me being pedantic though. ;)

PhillipL you made a couple of mistakes when it comes to web results, Firstly it's number or results and not hits (hits suggest how many times people have searched for it) and it's 13,200,000 results for Blackburn AND Rovers. You searched for Blackburn OR Rovers which gives you the 13.8m results.

That's just me being pedantic though. ;)

bloody harsh that!

If anyone cares. Average monthly figures for searches not hits were

For Blackburn Rovers 165000 with 110000 of those being in the UK.

For Venkys there were 27100 worldwide and 5400 in the UK.

So PhilipL's point was perfectly valid.

Dear oh dear. Pedantic isn't the word for that.

So PhilipL's point was perfectly valid.

Dear oh dear. Pedantic isn't the word for that.

Whatever people may post or think, Philips posts are more than often valid as I am sure listening to the podcast would have shown.

PhillipL's point was perfectly valid, of course. I was merely giving advice for future research that's all. Unlike most on here, I regard Phil as one of our more informed and intelligent posters.

Thanks.

Having listened to the passage again, I was imprecise in the terms I used about the search statistics I quoted.

However, it brought out the enormous gulf between Rovers and Venky's in terms of public profiles. I am left astonished that eight months since the acquisition, Venky's have done so little in this regard.

In fact there is now a strong case to be argued that the Trust was far more professional in this regard than they are.

Archived