BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window Chat Thread

Iceman

Really hope we have a back up striker in mind, we need a goalscorer ASAP the everton game made that very clear. Yakubu isn't the man. We need someone who will get 10-15 goals a season and i doubt roberts, blackman, Yakubu and goodwillie would get 10goals a season between them.

Agree there no end.. we have been saying this all summer.

Suprised we didn't get El Ham if he was available on loan.. Gyan, Gignac etc.. ffs what are we playing at currently.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

We've had 4 months to find a half-decent striker - 4 months from May, and despite roughly a million transfer targets being cycled through the best we can come up with is Yakubu?

Sincerely hope the above is not true, but knowing Venky's it probably will be. Please prove me wrong for once :(

Really hope we have a back up striker in mind, we need a goalscorer ASAP the everton game made that very clear. Yakubu isn't the man. We need someone who will get 10-15 goals a season and i doubt roberts, blackman, Yakubu and goodwillie would get 10goals a season between them.

i agree. beyond depressing!

Obviously in a massive minority but think Yak would be alright, not great mind you. Holds the ball up much better than Roberts and can't be worse at shooting than him!!

Using Roberts as a model is a sure way to get relegated.

Signing Dann will have us looking at the bottom of the KFC bargain bucket for a striker.

I'm still waiting for the excitement. Still looking nailed on relegation candidates at the moment. I think we always willl under Kean, regardless of signings.

To be honest i'm p*$$ed off. I would take Yak as a second striker, cause I believe he is better than Roberts, but he is lazy. Decent 11 in 20 games last year but we need another striker. Hoping we get one of the strikers who want to leave such as Bendtner or Bellamy who is looking at his options - QPR not done so we could tempt him if the owners say Hughesy is on his way in :rolleyes:

Just need a Striker and a midfielder. Would take a few loans, Ngog would be decent and that Kende for Rb. Looks like we are missing out on Lansbury.

Lots going on , Keep the faith

dann would be fantastic.. but if we dont score goals.. we're doomed!

my faith has been dwindling for weeks. i am sick or the numerous names i hear and am given.. and im giving up chasing them. it's soul destroying!

I have a strange feeling we will sign a really good striker...keep the faith ;)

wish i shared your optimism. this transfer window has been mostly a shambles.

SSN are saying we are close to signing Yubuku from Everton.

I reckon he will be 1 of 2 strikers coming to rovers. Plus Dann and a midfielder.

Keep The Faith!!!

I really hope so Chaddy, Yak is a tiny bit better than Jase but we need a more prolific striker than them too

Really getting nervous about today.. was bad enough Venkys/Kean leaving it to the last day but still no decent striker and all except the Yak seem to be heading to other clubs... crazy little old Blackburn, will give the owners one thing they certainly have made it interesting here but I bet Uncle Jack is turning in his grave :(

We all love jack, but his last premiership season was a distater. We spent 60,000,000 odd on complete and utter ######.

Archived