SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window Chat Thread

Iceman

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

News:

Marseille have confirmed that striker Andre-Pierre Gignac is abroad negotiating a move away from the club. Strongly linked with move to England.

Please let it be us! Don't screw this up, Venky's/Kean!

I don't know much about him, but his wiki stats don't look that great.

Please guys let this window unfold,

If someone had told me on Saturday that Scott Dann was going to join Rovers, I would of of had any bet with that person to say otherwise. He has been linked with all the top clubs and he is going to form a great partnership with Samba,

Yakubu ok not everyone's cup of tea but his scoring record is better than anyone else we currently have at the club, plus he has experience. He is in talks but its not been done yet, anything could happen in that deal.

We are making in roads on other targets and working damm hard behind the scenes to get the players we need.

Petrovic

Goodwillie,

Riberio

Vukcevic

Dann

Yakubu

Aint a bad start to replace potentially only 1 player who was any good for the first team in Phil Jones

Add into the mix we now have Formica and Rochina, and things aint that bad.

All this with still 8 hours to go and Rovers are in dialogue with clubs about other players too, and I can't really see the problem. Its been our busiest window ever in terms of incomings and outgoings, and we may not have seen the cherry in the top yet.

I maintained this morning that a chain of events needs to occur to open new windows of opportunites and this is unfolding very well.

Be nice if Kamy or Makey11 could update boards with a few things too, as i'm getting it from all angles at present and need to be chasing news and not updating the boards and twitter all the time, from disgruntled fans who keep giving me grief if they dnt get to hear everything they want.

Please bare with me, I'm just a fan like you and want this window to be just as successful as you guys do, Give Rovers till 11pm and then judge them. Its either going to be a day of ifs and buts or one we all rejoice in

Gignac is an amazing player who has the playing style to hit the ground running. He would be an amazing signing. I fear bigger clubs would beat us to it though.

How many people do we having working on transfers? It's at the stage now where we need to be contacting as many agents and clubs as possible, find out who is potentially available and just start bidding on anyone who can improve the squad. If we don't get a striker and a midfielder I don't think we stand much chance of avoiding the drop.

If I could pick a semi-realistic list to end up with at the end of the day, it would be Scott Dann, Jermaine Jones and Andre-Pierre Gignac.

To be honest, if we could nail Scott Dann then I'd be tempted to offer Samba to Spurs in exchange for Crouch, Bassong and Hutton.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_7140402,00.htmlAll they have said is that he's been abroad talking to a club.

Everton signed a striker on loan, Fulham are bring a couple of strikers in. That leaves us and Genoa. I would take him and Yakubu. Just heard Yakubu is expecting to sign for us today, he's on the road to Ewood now. If we can get him playing well again then I think he would do far better than Roberts. Him and Gignac I would take. Add them to Dann and a defensive midfielder and possibly the israeli rb. Would be the best window for a long time.

Two new developments:

Gyan hands in trasfer request.

Liverpool enquire about Bellamy.

Would Crouch fit in a helicopter ?

It's not the sort of thing you can fit a sun roof or a soft top to is it? I imagine there are a few helicopters/private jets across Europe at the moment.

Not sure about Crouch. He could be good as the target man in a 4-2-3-1 formation I suppose. Better than what we have, all the same.

Archived