BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Norway

Practically speaking, yes, you're probably right. Still, we can't just hold our hands up and say random theory, we need to become even better at taking care of people around us - and recognizing signs of danger. Someone close to this person should have seen something coming, you don't suddenly decide one day to buy 6 tons of artificial fertilizer and build a bomb.

Not really into discussing this at the moment, just felt I should clarify what I meant.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are all devastated, and I can't quite get my head around this just yet.

My thoughts are very much with you and all the other Norwegian Rovers fans who regularly come over to Blackburn.

Thanks folks. It really is impossible to understand what can make one seemingly normal person turn around and massacre 85 innocent young people in this cold blooded and calculated way. My thoughts are with those who have lost a loved one. Thankfully my sister who is pregnant was unhurt as she was at work just a few blocks from the bomb blast.

I have travelled to Norway more times than I can remember, from Bodo and the Arctic Circle in the north to Oslo in the south east. A truly stunning country with warm, friendly people. Not the sort of place you would ever envisage this sort of thing happening. My thoughts and condolences are with you all.

PM Stoltenburg has handled this awful situation tone perfectly which must be a consolation to all.

I agree 100%. He has been a perfect role model and handled this situation perfectly. He also has strong bonds to many of the dead and their families because he is from the party who arranged the youth camp at Utøya.

These things brings the worst in people (the killer), but it also brings the best in people (caring, volunteers, nursery, humanity) Its uniting people and I think most city will have a parade in honour of the dead and their family.

What a horrible tragedy, shame this will now get bumped behind the news that a talented drug addict has died.

The fact that society will likely do just that is maybe a clue as to why these events continue to happen.

Hands up all those who expected it to be weirdy beardys murdering in the name of Allah ?

Turns out this despicable, evil human being is a blonde, blue eyed, right wing Christian.

Religion eh ? :(

Surely the idea must be to stop the creating of those home-bred psychopaths and demented individuals by making sure we live in the best, most tolerant society possible?

Nice thought Commondore but unfortunately a 'tolerant society' is the thing that adopted scousers weirdy beardy's despise most and the reason that those religious nutters are so ready and willing to become what we call suicide bombers and what they call martyrs.

btw Nick.... my arm is in the air. I don't think Norway will receive too many sincere messages of condolence from the assorted nations of weirdy beardies around the globe. Do you?

Nice thought Commondore but unfortunately a 'tolerant society' is the thing that adopted scousers weirdy beardy's despise most and the reason that those religious nutters are so ready and willing to become what we call suicide bombers and what they call martyrs.

btw Nick.... my arm is in the air. I don't think Norway will receive too many sincere messages of condolence from the assorted nations of weirdy beardies around the globe. Do you?

You're not making any sense here, just because an open and tolerant society attracts hatred from a minimal amount of people it means societies should be less open and tolerant? Stoltenberg and Cameron have the right idea, by opening up you avoid marginalizing and closing people off to the point where they can fall into madness like this.

Also, what do you know about which countries have sent Norway what condolences? Or for that matter, what manner of official condolences western countries usually send to nations in Africa or the middle east where humanitarian catastrophes are less uncommon?

How you have never been pulled up on your racist comments I will never know. For an intelligent guy you can be so ignorant and prejudiced its unbelievable.

Assorted nations of beardy weirdys? Now who would that be? So if someone has a beard that makes them weird does it? Im assuming your not talking about all the Greek and Russian orthodox Christians with your statement. And I'll have you know that "beardy weirdys" as you put it have offered their condolenses.

How you have never been pulled up on your racist comments I will never know. For an intelligent guy you can be so ignorant and prejudiced its unbelievable.

You are the ignorant one slough, and prejudiced too imo. For one the comment is not racist, the fact that you class it as such puts a big question mark over your judgement. I was not referring to a race of people at all. Furthermore I didn't originate the comment about weirdy beardies, it was a quote that I used from an earlier post. You have targetted the wrong person in your frothy indignation and pretend outrage.

No need to apologise though, a simple retraction will suffice.

You are the ignorant one slough, and prejudiced too imo. For one the comment is not racist, the fact that you class it as such puts a big question mark over your judgement. I was not referring to a race of people at all. Furthermore I didn't originate the comment about weirdy beardies, it was a quote that I used from an earlier post. You have targetted the wrong person in your frothy indignation and pretend outrage.

No need to apologise though, a simple retraction will suffice.

My comment wasnt aimed at you coining the phrase. You built on it and made the comment regarding not expecting any remorse from any global beardy weirdies as you put it. How do you know that people from the Arab world havent offered their condolenses. Once again you have generalised when it comes to people of certain ethnic origins. Its not the first time and Im sure it wont be the last time. You wont get a retraction from me just some advice. Press the ignore button.

The guy shot and hit 156 people on the island in total- a quarter of all the people there.

As if it could not get any worse:

The chief surgeon at a hospital treating victims of Norway's camp massacre says the killer used special bullets designed to disintegrate inside the body and cause maximum internal damage. And ballistics experts say so-called dum-dum bullets also are lighter in weight, can be fired with greater accuracy over varying distances and are commonly are used by air marshals and hunters of small animals.

Colin Poole, head of surgery at Ringriket Hospital in Honefoss, northwest of Oslo, told the AP news agency surgeons treating 16 gunshot victims have recovered no full bullets:

These bullets more or less exploded inside the body ... These bullets inflicted internal damage that's absolutely horrible.

Guys in Norway, I plan to travel over to Oslo to show my support - when is the best place for me to come over? Is there a parade in honour of those who died? Thank you.

The parade is now set at 6pm tomorrow, Norwegian time, at Rådhusplassen - City Hall. The parade will move up towards Youngstorget, close to the centre of the explosion, where politicians and others will speak. I hope you can make it, your support is greatly appreciated either way.

Guys in Norway, I plan to travel over to Oslo to show my support - when is the best place for me to come over? Is there a parade in honour of those who died? Thank you.

That is great. Procession tomorrow at 18:00 in Oslo. Roses instead of candles. If you can make it!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I have only just found this thread but have been watching the situation on Television, absolutely horrible situation and may I send condolances to the people of Norway, especially the relatives and friends of the victims.

The Norwegian PM and indeed the Norwegian Royal Family have visually shown their strong emotions for the victims and this will only make a lovely nation even stronger, we must all, whatever religion we may follow, despise and abhor war and situations such as this, it has no place in any kind of religion whatsoever.

The parade is now set at 6pm tomorrow, Norwegian time, at Rådhusplassen - City Hall. The parade will move up towards Youngstorget, close to the centre of the explosion, where politicians and others will speak. I hope you can make it, your support is greatly appreciated either way.

My apologies, I could not make it as hoped. I intend to visit in the near future to pay my respects - I hope the parade is successful and hope that Norway can become stronger after these tragic events.

Archived