BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview: Aston Villa v. Rovers 20th August 2011

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

search for vineeth rao on facebook.. infact http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=552382465 is his profile, we all need to send a message!!!!

his profile on facebook is http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=552382465 we all need to send a message

Cheers.

Agreed, I do think Venky's are sorting out the infrastructure now but they will only finish the job when they appoint a manager

How poor was Salgado today,it was possibly the worst performance i have seen in a long time,in my opinion he is finished,junior was the only positive to take from that mat ch.kean has to be sacked and we need 4 new defenders and atleast a 10 million pound striker or we are going down,hanley and nelsen are just not good enough,i never want to see Olson play left back again either,venky's need to listen to the fans

Could someone who was at the match today give their opinions on whether or not they think that Kean has lost the dressing room? it is just a strong feeling I am getting from following Cryers live match report and also some of the reactions from people on this thread as well.

Honest opinions only please.

Massive over-reaction on here. When you saw the team it was virtually a BFS team. I went "oh no" the wrong CH is fit. Our problem is now at full back and centre forward....and we can seal those weaknesses. Lots of teams are starting slowly -win against Everton and we are back on an even keel. Look at the League after 12 matches not after 2. And get behind the team not the Manager or the Owners.

I agree with the principle. Realistically the manager has two games to save his skin. We have Wednesday and everton , i would say he would gone if we loose both games. We are judging keen on last season as well. The next 10 days will define our season. We need three or four quality players

I am going to get a lot of minuses for this, but I tend to agree with Steve Keans after match press conference.

I really think we will improve when we get some regular starters up to speed - such as Ryan Nelsen and Samba. For me this season depends a lot on Samba staying or not. I also agree that we played an okey game and made almost the same amount shots on target as Villa had. On a better day we would probably score on 1 or 2 more chances (think ref was very harsh and eager to blow his whistle). It was also an offside on Bent for the third goal.

I hope we will see Nzonzi (had a crap game today, but I remember he always had crap games when he were paired with Dunn - bad mistake by SK, but I dont he had many alternatives) at his best paired with Petrovic who showed some nice passing abilities and also came into some good positions for scoring.

This hurts to be said, but Salgado needs to be dropped when we are facing quick wingers.

Bring in another striker than Roberts, keep samba and bring a versatile RB/CB/LB and I think we will have a decent season.

Could someone who was at the match today give their opinions on whether or not they think that Kean has lost the dressing room? it is just a strong feeling I am getting from following Cryers live match report and also some of the reactions from people on this thread as well.

Fife, I am honestly not prepared to put what I may or may not know on here, I do know he has lost the respect of at least five players, one has now left the club, I really despair, this team are not playing for him, the body language shows that and we desperately need a new manager, owners as well as the two appear to be hand in hand.

We are in a mess, I will say this, if Kean saw lots of positives today, it me4ans the team played as HE wanted them to play and as such, he should go now!!

From what I could see on a very good stream, the body language of the vast majority of the players seemed to show he has clearly lost the dressing room.

How anybody who witnessed some of the kamikaze defending on show today can say otherwise is beyond me. If the fool is let continue we will go down.

steve keans a proffesional BS merchant, thats how he got the job and thats why hes still in a job and i still cant imagine him being fired regardless of the next 2 results, i dont think the venkys collective have the humility to fire him after there constant public backing of him.

steve keans a proffesional BS merchant, thats how he got the job and thats why hes still in a job and i still cant imagine him being fired regardless of the next 2 results, i dont think the venkys collective have the humility to fire him after there constant public backing of him.

With Kentaro out the way I'm not so sure he's safe anymore.

Fife, I am honestly not prepared to put what I may or may not know on here, I do know he has lost the respect of at least five players, one has now left the club, I really despair, this team are not playing for him, the body language shows that and we desperately need a new manager, owners as well as the two appear to be hand in hand.

We are in a mess, I will say this, if Kean saw lots of positives today, it me4ans the team played as HE wanted them to play and as such, he should go now!!

Ok and thanks for that Kelbo. What you say certainly fits right in with the strong feelings I am picking up just by following Cryers live match report and the various comments therein. As also with the majority of posters on this thread as well. A very sad start to what just a few hours ago was looking like a more hopeful view of the immediate future. But now where do we go from here?

yeah well said, hes very good at it because he got the job, still has the job and is probablt set for life now and there is nothing we can do about it.

Ok and thanks for that Kelbo. What you say certainly fits right in with the strong feelings I am picking up just by following Cryers live match report and the various comments therein. As also with the majority of posters on this thread as well. A very sad start to what just a few hours ago was looking like a more hopeful view of the immediate future. But now where do we go from here?

We sack Kean immediately . Appoint an experienced manager , get at least 5 new players in before deadline closes, 3 of whom can hit the ground running in the PL .We have had all summer to do the transfer business . If not ,we are down ...Too keep this madman as manager is irresponsible bordering on criminal !!!

The chances of any of the above happening are slim , except the going down bit !!

realistically the chances of us winning today where tiny(even if everyone had been fit), its the fact that the players arnt even competing for most of the game and we dont seem to have a real game plan, 442 away from home with a weak squad!!!!! even a top 4 team wouldnt risk rhat with a strong squad, Absurd!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I'll admit I have no insider knowledge but the impression and feeling I get is there clearly isn't something right behind the scenes and Kean may have lost the dressing room/respect of the players. Some of the examples that might indicate that:

-Dunny and Givet having a real verbal bust-up on the pitch during a pre-season game (Kilmarnock?) and Givet asking to come off. Givet has been linked away with a move to Monaco in recent days.

-Samba's absence not only from the playing side but also media interviews, public events etc. Samba might be genuinely injured but there are rumors going around that he isn't. I listened to Kean's interview with a BBC Radio Five Live reporter today after the game and he sounded hesitant when the reporter asked about where is Samba and what's wrong with him.

- Andy Cryer's report in the LT on the 18th August saying that the side were shockingly under prepared for the start of the season. Reading the article I got the impression he was holding back on some of the detail and just focusing on the transfer mess.

-The lack of fight, passion and commitment that has been evident in our two games so far. You see some of the players heads down, players just walking around and looking genuinely disinterested.

I could be wrong and everything is perfectly rosy behind the scenes, the players might love training and think Kean is the best manager they have ever played for. But that's not the impression or feeling I am getting. Anyone else feel that way?

Archived