BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview: Aston Villa v. Rovers 20th August 2011

i know your intentions are proper but we were sh1t and never even looked like a team. it was obvious that our only threat was hoilett but there was no plan to get him into the game ... just a bunch of kids with pub-league movement. truely embarrassing

That's the second question in a row you've failed to answer.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was thinkin the same,

its easy for people that dont go to many games to say stop going to games, me personlly id rather everyone went and voiced there opinion vocally (if they feel inclined) than stay at home twiddling there thumbs.

im thinkin bombarding the manager(manager!!!!!) with donuts on weds if we lose.

20odd years with season ticket plus years for my missus and son - 30+ in total - is not someone that doesn't go to many games! I LOVE BRFC but we are being raped! wake up people! its gone beyond rochina versus hoofball, its the very survival of the club that is at stake. some people are supporting the destruction - you will not be forgiven!

Whats new? I don't recall our club being treated as a proud and relevant club by the media during my whole lifetime... To them we're just an inconvenience in their reporting about a select handful of other clubs.

We always do bad against Villa and considering statistics I don't have much hope for Everton either... The key thing now is to get a decent squad together before the window closes and minimize the damage we sustain before that.

Kean is not going to disappear after two games, the Venkys mob are showing signs of improvement and really, exactly what would we gain from them walking away right now? The kneejerk reactions in this thread are expected and understandable, but still not very connected to reality.

steve kean isnt being judged on 2 games!, whar reality are you in?

hes been judged on every bit of bs thats left his mouth since getting the job, the teams results, poor man magement, naive tactics and decision making during games, inability to attract established players to the club, recieving a criminal conviction(and being ajudged to have lied in court by the judge), do i need to add more!!!!!!!!!!!

20odd years with season ticket plus years for my missus and son - 30+ in total - is not someone that doesn't go to many games! I LOVE BRFC but we are being raped! wake up people! its gone beyond rochina versus hoofball, its the very survival of the club that is at stake. some people are supporting the destruction - you will not be forgiven!

wher being raped, thats why i have an itchy bumhole.

Whats new? I don't recall our club being treated as a proud and relevant club by the media during my whole lifetime... To them we're just an inconvenience in their reporting about a select handful of other clubs.

We always do bad against Villa and considering statistics I don't have much hope for Everton either... The key thing now is to get a decent squad together before the window closes and minimize the damage we sustain before that.

Kean is not going to disappear after two games, the Venkys mob are showing signs of improvement and really, exactly what would we gain from them walking away right now? The kneejerk reactions in this thread are expected and understandable, but still not very connected to reality.

unbelievable - yopu basically saying that 0/9 aginst those teams is ok? now i realise why vens bought brfc - with idiot gullible fans like you, why not?

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

I could never boycott my club. Whoever pays the bills, Cowboys or indians, it is still my club. 19.5 years I have been spoilt to death for the most part. The feeling of dejection is obviously rife for us fans right now, especially when we consider the adulation we have felt in the past. Shout whatever you wan't in the stadium, you pay for that privelege, sing whatever songs, turn your back to the game!... but to boycott your club is a step to far in my opinion.

I watched the game today. The defensive performance at times was bewildering. Grant has a long way to go, the only way he will get better is playing, but I think he needs more time in a lower league, not at our expense. We are reeling from losing our captain. He drives us forward and keeps the kids focused. Salgado looks extremely unstable next to the defensive partnerships we have had in the 2 games this season and Martin Olsson is not a defender.

That basically sums up our problems because I beleive there are silver linings to the clouds over ewood. Junior looked fitter today, and Jason Roberts (although he will never score) seems to be in excellent shape, and did well to create a number of openings for other members of the team. Formica looks excellent, beggars belief he didnt start. Petrovic looked assured in the short time he played also.

We have a lot of potential. I think the real football brains could see that, but the cohesion we lack from the top and on the pitch is costing us goals. Having said that we look like we can create a chance out of nothing, which was the main frustration under Allardyce as we seldom looked like opening teams up from open play.

What can I say to sum up my feelings of where we go next? No idea. If we keep Samba, I believe that will be the difference between an extremly disasterous season, and an acceptable lower/mid table finish.

, the Venkys mob are showing signs of improvement and really, exactly what would we gain from them walking away right now?

I presume by this you mean the belated activity in the transfer market but unfortunately it is far too late and the damage has been done. It is clear Rovers have entered this season totally unprepared with a squad that is not good enough to stay up and with key players squabbling among themselves and unavailable for one reason or another. I accept we are stuck with Venky's but unless they see the light over the manager we are heading for a potentially disastrous season.

I watched the game today. The defensive performance at times was bewildering. Grant has a long way to go, the only way he will get better is playing, but I think he needs more time in a lower league, not at our expense. We are reeling from losing our captain. He drives us forward and keeps the kids focused. Salgado looks extremely unstable next to the defensive partnerships we have had in the 2 games this season and Martin Olsson is not a defender.

A backline of Emerton, Samba, Nelsen, Givet is probably our best defensive option at present - but when will we get them all on the pitch ?

I could never boycott my club. Whoever pays the bills, Cowboys or indians, it is still my club. 19.5 years I have been spoilt to death for the most part. The feeling of dejection is obviously rife for us fans right now, especially when we consider the adulation we have felt in the past. Shout whatever you wan't in the stadium, you pay for that privelege, sing whatever songs, turn your back to the game!... but to boycott your club is a step to far in my opinion.

That basically sums up our problems because I beleive there are silver linings to the clouds over ewood. Junior looked fitter today, and Jason Roberts (although he will never score) seems to be in excellent shape, and did well to create a number of openings for other members of the team. Formica looks excellent, beggars belief he didnt start. Petrovic looked assured in the short time he played also.

We have a lot of potential. I think the real football brains could see that, but the cohesion we lack from the top and on the pitch is costing us goals. Having said that we look like we can create a chance out of nothing, which was the main frustration under Allardyce as we seldom looked like opening teams up from open play.

What can I say to sum up my feelings of where we go next? No idea. If we keep Samba, I believe that will be the difference between an extremly disasterous season, and an acceptable lower/mid table finish.

yes i understand that ... we ahve been spoiled but people need to realise that we now need to stand up and defend our proud club! jacks's legacy is under attack and it is our DUTY to ensure that we do not squander his efforts. Jack Walker cried for this club and we are letting it be ruined by idiots? STOP HOPING AND START ACTING!

unbelievable - yopu basically saying that 0/9 aginst those teams is ok? now i realise why vens bought brfc - with idiot gullible fans like you, why not?

No, I never said that it was OK. Read the post again, I'm sure you can decipher the letters into words if you try hard enough. Exactly what would be achieved if Kean resigned tonight and Venkys walked away in the morning? Maybe Man City's sheiks would buy us in an instant and then put Mourinho in charge after buying out his contract at Real Madrid? Try to look at things with reality in mind instead of screaming your head off like a discontent baby.

No, I never said that it was OK. Read the post again, I'm sure you can decipher the letters into words if you try hard enough. Exactly what would be achieved if Kean resigned tonight and Venkys walked away in the morning? Maybe Man City's sheiks would buy us in an instant and then put Mourinho in charge after buying out his contract at Real Madrid? Try to look at things with reality in mind instead of screaming your head off like a discontent baby.

apology - i didnt read it properly and i am a cock.

i am just so fookin annoyed at the moment. we are being dicked over and most people are just like loving it!?

apology - i didnt read it properly and i am a cock.

i am just so fookin annoyed at the moment. we are being dicked over and most people are just like loving it!?

Accepted, no harm done. I'm definitely not loving our current situation, this is not a good time for Rovers and as I said we're probably not going to get anything from Everton next Saturday either... I do think we can turn this around and have a decent season though, but the realistic hope lies in the current management getting things together rather than just burning everything to the ground.

• Backroom

The second goal Villa scored, Heskey's goal, was really shocking. No commitment from our defenders at any point to try and stop them scoring. I dare say with Samba in defence that goal doesn't get scored. Hanley's mistake for the third, but the lad's been thrown in at the deep end so can't really be too harsh on him.

Archived