BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview: Aston Villa v. Rovers 20th August 2011

Absolutely gutted we havent signed Jermaine Jones. The thing that stood out for me today and against Wolves is the lack of pressure and the amount of space they were allowed. We're desperate for a player with an engine like Jones' who is a constant nuisance. N'Zonzi certainly isn't that man. Let's hope Petrovic can be.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rovers til I die,how will boycotting work ? The V's don't goto ewood

SPOT ON Abs.

No boycotting, protesting from me - just support the team.

I just hope Venkys pull some cash out this week and sign some quality. What a difference it would be to have a fit Samba, a striker who can score goals, Vukcevic and dare I say it - the bite of Joey Barton in the middle.

SPOT ON Abs.

I just hope Venkys pull some cash out this week and sign some quality. What a difference it would be to have a fit Samba, a striker who can score goals, Vukcevic and dare I say it - the bite of Joey Barton in the middle.

you need to stop thinking about what people in england think, and start looking at perception in india. wow is this football? when you work out the answer you will work out out the course of action that is needed to get our club back!

STOP THE FOOTBALL TERRORISTS!

SPOT ON Abs.

SAMBA IS FIT FFS just not for our numpty manager

anyone who watched the match today will agree that we are:

- totally unfit

- without any tactics or plan

- lacking any passion *(apart from dunny - you are without blame david no matter what the cockheads on here say)

- oh yeah .... they are desperate for a leader but the club has NO-ONE. somebody needs to sort it out. it is NOT the players fault. but like jase says they like stevieboy. JR is one of the senior players and he should have more about him than selfish 606 media wankathons - how many goals has he scored for how many k per week? and he swans it up in pune kfcstylee? ffs i cry :angry::wacko:

and another one...

(deleted)

This board attracts a wide range of users, including the young and easily offended. We therefore ask that you refrain from using bad language in your posts. Attempts to get around the “bad word” filters by deliberate mis-spelling or the use of substitute characters (*/~@# etc.) are considered to be the same as the use of the actual word. In some respects, attempting to manipulate language in this way is more offensive than the actual use of bad language. Bad language will not be tolerated in any section of the messageboard.

You have Martin O'Neill and Mark Hughes currently unemployed. You have two ex-England managers playing each other today in the Championship. And yet somehow, for reasons that can only make you shake your head, Steve Kean, with no managerial experience previously, with a record of 22 points from 22 games, is managing a team in the best league in the world, and has been branded unsackable by his employers.

Venkys attachment to Kean is mental. The man is not good enough. It seems as if they are intent on throwing away the Rovers' Premier League status.

Either Hughes or O'Neill could do the job, though for obvious reasons I prefer Hughes. The problem with either is that they are not lap dogs. And it sometimes seems as if that is part of the job requirement.

We frequently see arguments on here that people who don't go matches aren't as much a real fan as those that do. Now if I understand Sentient correctly, those that do go to matches aren't real fans. I'm confused. Am I meant to leave Huddersfield and just get as far as junction 15 on the M62 as a compromise?

just seen the highlights of d game on motd any1 else think robbo had a shocker??

Yes I do. He could have got to Heskey's and got a hand on Bent's. His reactions were slow all match. Apathy is contagious. He is probably stood there wondering how he has got himself involved with this heap of chicken sh1t.

Yes I do. He could have got to Heskey's and got a hand on Bent's. His reactions were slow all match. Apathy is contagious. He is probably stood there wondering how he has got himself involved with this heap of chicken sh1t.

I actually think he looks heavier than he has for a while. He had a poor spell part way through his first season, lost some weight and looked far better. Maybe the boys club mentality and weak management has something to do with this. My impression after two games is that, in general, we are not fit enough as a group.

but i think we play better football now than with Big Sam but the big miss is that we have so poor defenders and poor strikers....thats what we need, then we can judge....but I would love to see Mark Hughes at Ewood.

Apart from an odd 45 mins, when have we played 'good football'? His reign has been a disaster.

SPOT ON Abs.

So, 'get a couple of bodies in' and we'll be reet?

Wake up Hughesy, Venky's outrageous arrogance and ignorance is tearing this club apart.

We are all passionate Sentinent but using terms like football terrorists and constantly saying the club is being raped is just distasteful.

Yes we do need a couple of bodies in, however more importantly, after watching the whole game, which was torture, we need organisation and tactics and passion. We need a manager who can assess a situation and adapt. This really does remind me of the Ince days.

I was extremely concerned when we started the season with Kean and a poorer team, but after signs of improvement, by that I mean some strong performances like wolves away, I thought I'd give it a chance. However, whoever said we were totally unprepared seems to be spot on, and that is unforgivable, especially fitness wise.

If Kean stays then this situation with Samba and GIvet has to be resolved. Although can he do it? We need to add to the team and play the likes of Formica and petrovic. Then hope and pray that we get fitter/better organised.

Could someone who was at the match today give their opinions on whether or not they think that Kean has lost the dressing room? it is just a strong feeling I am getting from following Cryers live match report and also some of the reactions from people on this thread as well.

Honest opinions only please.

Fife he has never had the dressing room, hence all the new contracts to placate the players last season. They show no drive, no determination and lack commitment when playing, the only time I saw this in them under Kean was the tail end of last year and he wasn't controlling the dressing room then. Givet last season and this as well, just shows how poor his man-management skills are and that he can't get into their heads to turn things around. Fife he hasn't got the players full backing it stands out every game, but no player will ever say that publically because it's just not done in football.

I'll admit I have no insider knowledge but the impression and feeling I get is there clearly isn't something right behind the scenes and Kean may have lost the dressing room/respect of the players. Some of the examples that might indicate that:

-Dunny and Givet having a real verbal bust-up on the pitch during a pre-season game (Kilmarnock?) and Givet asking to come off. Givet has been linked away with a move to Monaco in recent days.

-Samba's absence not only from the playing side but also media interviews, public events etc. Samba might be genuinely injured but there are rumors going around that he isn't. I listened to Kean's interview with a BBC Radio Five Live reporter today after the game and he sounded hesitant when the reporter asked about where is Samba and what's wrong with him.

- Andy Cryer's report in the LT on the 18th August saying that the side were shockingly under prepared for the start of the season. Reading the article I got the impression he was holding back on some of the detail and just focusing on the transfer mess.

-The lack of fight, passion and commitment that has been evident in our two games so far. You see some of the players heads down, players just walking around and looking genuinely disinterested.

I could be wrong and everything is perfectly rosy behind the scenes, the players might love training and think Kean is the best thing manager they have ever played for. But that's not the impression or feeling I am getting. Anyone else feel that way?

No Ribble your not wrong, things are obviously not rosy at casa brockhall.

At least this messageboard is allowing our fans to vent their spleen.

On the Kean thread I posted weeks ago that we should wait until match 3 before we judged.

Please....there is enough pressure on the Club from outside without us fans(from Blackburn,from elsewhere,living in Lancs,living in UK,living abroad, from 6 months to 50+ years support) crucifying the Club WE love.

The pressure on the Manager is enormous -new signings,Hoilett's dad,the Venky's,lack of experienced support

BUT at the end we will have had an incredible 'changing of the guard' and we will have had a revolution in the team.

THIS is our Club and all the people of the 5os,60s,70s have now gone....but we fans remain,in greater numbers than the 60s. Our Club is stronger because we have won things, our experience is greater,our assets are much greater - an Electricity or Water bill no longer frightens us!!

BLACKBURN ROVERS is an institution,larger than Blackburn and Lancs. We have to support it and not go into a period of self-destruction. Let the Transfer window end and the team settle down...and maybe the string of tough fixtures go...before we start to affect OUR team at OUR ground and really wreck OUR status.

I'm sorry but it is not in the best interests of the club to at all times blindly follow the people in charge, not when they are complete incompetents that could very well destroy everything Jack built.

The institution of BRFC is bigger than Steve Kean and Venky's and we have every right to make our feelings clear.

get mark hughes back !!!!!

steve kean might be a good coach and im not doubting that but to manage at the top level its a different ball game

we didnt look interested , and we looked completely all over the place

Sadly (and there can be no arguments with this whatsoever) that is the consequence of playing 4-4-2 with a weak squad.

Allardyce knew it, most managers in the Prem know it, anybody who has ever kicked a ball in anger will know it, th'indians of course know sweet FA and that daft baldy bugger has painted himself into a corner with them. This is all so unecessary.

Sadly (and there can be no arguments with this whatsoever) that is the consequence of playing 4-4-2 with a weak squad.

Allardyce knew it, most managers in the Prem know it, anybody who has ever kicked a ball in anger will know it, th'indians of course know sweet FA and that daft baldy bugger has painted himself into a corner with them. This is all so unecessary.

100% accurate post. I make no apology for saying this all along.

Our injury problems meant it was a no brainer to flood the midfield in the first two games and ensure we did not concede goals. We have now conceded five in two matches. Really does anyone expect us to score 3 or 4 to win a match whilst conceding two or three at the back? No chance.

I presume by this you mean the belated activity in the transfer market but unfortunately it is far too late and the damage has been done. It is clear Rovers have entered this season totally unprepared with a squad that is not good enough to stay up and with key players squabbling among themselves and unavailable for one reason or another. I accept we are stuck with Venky's but unless they see the light over the manager we are heading for a potentially disastrous season.

Good summation Jim. That's it in a nutshell.....We really need to get a proper manager in ASAP. Mark Hughes would be perfect (if he will come) but whoever we get we need him in fast and we need to get the players settled and working for each other and for the club again . That is the absolutely crucial issue ATM.

How on earth can we expect to get new players wanting to sign for us when it plain for all to see thhat the present playing staff are all thoroughly demoralised? There is only one course of action now (and I take NO pleasure in saying this) Kean MUST GO NOW!!. The Venky's HAVE to see this and act while there is still some hope of saving our season and attracting a decent playing squad.

Archived