BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview: Aston Villa v. Rovers 20th August 2011

I am going to get a lot of minuses for this, but I tend to agree with Steve Keans after match press conference.

I really think we will improve when we get some regular starters up to speed - such as Ryan Nelsen and Samba. For me this season depends a lot on Samba staying or not. I also agree that we played an okey game and made almost the same amount shots on target as Villa had. On a better day we would probably score on 1 or 2 more chances (think ref was very harsh and eager to blow his whistle). It was also an offside on Bent for the third goal.

I hope we will see Nzonzi (had a crap game today, but I remember he always had crap games when he were paired with Dunn - bad mistake by SK, but I dont he had many alternatives) at his best paired with Petrovic who showed some nice passing abilities and also came into some good positions for scoring.

This hurts to be said, but Salgado needs to be dropped when we are facing quick wingers.

Bring in another striker than Roberts, keep samba and bring a versatile RB/CB/LB and I think we will have a decent season.

Hang on, that's rubbish- there was only one new face in that starting XI.

On any basis, yesterday's performance was an abysmal sham.

It was brought into extremely sharp focus watching the other teams on Match of the Day- ONLY ROVERS WERE ALLOWING SPACE FOR OPPOSITION PLAYERS TO ROAM WITH OR WITHOUT THE BALL AROUND THE EDGE OF THEIR BOX.

That is simply rank bad management by the thinking woman's drunk.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

You know whats annoying, a couple of years ago we had loads of right backs, now it turns out bloody Danny Simpson is the best of the lot!

He kept you up comfortably last season, and after just two games this season you want the poor man sacked? He should be given time, allow him to bring in his own players and he would obviously need backing for that, so give the guy some funds.

err.... What tf do you know about football TAFKAP? After all your mouthing off last season you lot ended up relegated and to make it wolrse swopped places with your ex manager's team. :lol:

That is simply rank bad management by the thinking woman's drunk.

Dont agree with everything you say - but gotta admit this is one of the funniest things you have written.

We are in trouble - personally dont think it is all Keans fault - but I increasingly worry that, even with investment, he isnt the person to take us forward. To be honest we cant afford a rookie manager combined with rookie owners. If they are to persist with Kean - they desperately need to bring in an experienced director of football. Though personally I would just get Hughes - he would only come with firm commitments from the owners so it would also help get rid of the distrust of the owners ( though convincing Hughes may be a problem)

How poor was Salgado today,it was possibly the worst performance i have seen in a long time,in my opinion he is finished,junior was the only positive to take from that mat ch.kean has to be sacked and we need 4 new defenders and atleast a 10 million pound striker or we are going down,hanley and nelsen are just not good enough,i never want to see Olson play left back again either,venky's need to listen to the fans

Salgado's poor form is obviously being made much worse by the absence of Samba. Also opposing team managers are 'weighing in' on him. Last week Fletcher pulled to the back post regularly and scored, this week Villa stuck Agbonlahore on the left and he scored too.

Could someone who was at the match today give their opinions on whether or not they think that Kean has lost the dressing room?

C'mon Fife.... you can't lose something that you never had.

Honest reply fife ... are you taking the piuss? lost the dressing room? why can you not assess the situation for yourself? its bloody obvious to the proverbial dingle blind man on a horse that we are fooked! stop being a fool. at your age I would expect that you know better, but you are just giving the football terrorists succour and implicit support. its about time now that you and the so-called "loyals" realise just what is happening and act accordingly. the only action now for anyone that loves rovers is to boycott... continued attendance is tantamount to collaboration.

Unecessary. You need to be taught some manners. You should consider an apology.

I could think of plenty of ways to spend £42 which don't involve 90 minutes of torture...

I believe there are certain 'types' who would think that is excellent value. :rolleyes:

wher being raped, thats why i have an itchy bumhole.

At least it'll stop you biting your fingernails.

just seen the highlights of d game on motd any1 else think robbo had a shocker??

Me.

I also don't think MGP and Hoilett are getting enough credit for the goal. It was top drawer.

Absolutely gutted we havent signed Jermaine Jones. The thing that stood out for me today and against Wolves is the lack of pressure and the amount of space they were allowed. We're desperate for a player with an engine like Jones' who is a constant nuisance. N'Zonzi certainly isn't that man. Let's hope Petrovic can be.

Imo Jermaione Jones's best games were late on when N'Zonzi was alongside him in a 4-5-1 which freed up Hoilett and Olsson to run at the opposition.

SPOT ON Abs.

No boycotting, protesting from me - just support the team.

I just hope Venkys pull some cash out this week and sign some quality. What a difference it would be to have a fit Samba, a striker who can score goals, Vukcevic and dare I say it - the bite of Joey Barton in the middle.

Unfortunately your alarm clock will be going off in a minute Hughesy. :rolleyes:

Robbo did indeed have a shocker, seemed to me that he dived over Heskeys shot. Strange.

Martin Olsson should be playing left midfield.

We need Jermaine Jones back to play with N'Zonzi in the middle.

We need a new Right sided midfielder.

Hoilett needs to play in a "free role"

We need a new "number 9" for him to play off.

And most importantly, we need a sodding new manager, because Mr Steve hasn't a ruddy clue.

why does that idot play dunn as a centre midfielder. He can only play in the hole behind a single striker which BFS proved with Great reward.

Not in that diamond formation either he hasnt got the legs for any defensive responsibility. WHY CANT KEAN SEE THIS HE WORKED UNDER SAM LONG ENOUGH!!

or if he cant be fitted in as a second striker shove him ob the bench

Hicks the gobshyte and our very own Kevin Gallagher saying Rovers fans have been 'spoiled'... :rolleyes:

thats CRAP.. on so many levels.

SPOILED! :angry2:

GALLACHER WAS SPOILED! at rovers. he was paid VERY WELL for 7 years.

injured for the majority of the time (not his fault..) the rest of his rovers career was bits and pieces! IMO he only had 1 decent season for the rovers 97-98 when he partnered sutton).:angry2:

Tactics are only a small part of the game. Bad players break teams.

Once again Selgado got taken to the cleaners. Couldnt defend the first goal. Couldn't defend the second goal.

Roberts no show no goals no attempts.

Bad managers pick bad players. Kean is a bad manager. All the tactics in the world can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

thats CRAP.. on so many levels.

SPOILED! :angry2:

GALLACHER WAS SPOILED! at rovers. he was paid VERY WELL for 7 years.

injured for the majority of the time (not his fault..) the rest of his rovers career was bits and pieces! IMO he only had 1 decent season for the rovers 97-98 when he partnered sutton).:angry2:

Indeed.

We are not 'spoiled', we have just been used to a club that set standards, that achieved things clubs of similar size could only dream of. We were PROUD.

now we see this utter disgrace and are rightly upset.

Gary Hickson and the rest of Radio Lancs have always had an 'anybody but rovers' outlook- screw them. And as for Kevin Gallagher, after reading his LT column, he doesn't know his arse from his elbow when it comes to Rovers.

Well having now watched our recent games and sitting down to ponder things, I have come to the realisation that Kean has no clue how to set-up a defence. The space we leave at the back is so easily exposed that regardless of his supposed level I just cannot believe it's one of his strengths. The funniest thing of all is last time I remember seeing our defence so all over the place was United away last year so I wonder who's role it was to sort them out that week. I really could take that thought a step further, if I was to consider his lack of morals and Sam's statement.

Indeed.

We are not 'spoiled', we have just been used to a club that set standards, that achieved things clubs of similar size could only dream of. We were PROUD.

now we see this utter disgrace and are rightly upset.

Gary Hickson and the rest of Radio Lancs have always had an 'anybody but rovers' outlook- screw them. And as for Kevin Gallagher, after reading his LT column, he doesn't know his arse from his elbow when it comes to Rovers.

I understand Gallagher fancies a coaching job at Rovers !!!

He was never a popular player for me. IMO, a real sulker when not playing - his body language when a sub wasn't good.

The false sense of positivity and optimism that Kean spouts after another hapless performance makes my blood boil and just reinforces peoples idea that the guy is totally out of his depth and has taken what was a very solid Premiership team to the dogs.

The false sense of positivity and optimism that Kean spouts after another hapless performance makes my blood boil and just reinforces peoples idea that the guy is totally out of his depth and has taken what was a very solid Premiership team to the dogs.

It's only ever results that can speak for a manager.

Positive spin or the honest truth, neither would be any consolation for the fans.

I know Topman, but Kean really needs to cut out the verbal tripe - I received texts last night asking how Kean seemed to think we played well yesterday. Not saying he should be negative but players and fans will see through the bull and it just makes a mockery of the situation.

I know Topman, but Kean really needs to cut out the verbal tripe - I received texts last night asking how Kean seemed to think we played well yesterday. Not saying he should be negative but players and fans will see through the bull and it just makes a mockery of the situation.

He has no interestin the fans, he is playing the media like he played Venkys.

If he keeps the media off his back as much as possible and Venkys sweet then he keeps his job longer and making a lot of money.

The press probably think he did a good job last year, I remember Richard Keys and Gray saying so at the end of the season.

Just watched the highlights of the Villa game, couldnt bear it last night, our defence is all over the place with no midfield cover to support them, when Villa attacked, the midfiel were all chasing back yards behind the Villa players!!

When Allardyce took over from Ince (who along with Kean is also deluded) the stoke game was et up perfectly, when Stoke had the ball, we defended from the front and the midfield four in front of the back four, defending in two banks of four!!

The way Kean sets his sides up, he doesnt do that and the defence are all over the place, we dont close space down anywhere over the park and we look totally lost and slow as a team.

Gutted watching and listening to the deluded clown on his interview after the game is making things really worse, get rid of Kean now!!

Fair enough, John. Just think it's a Catch 22 situation when you're failing at your job.

Anyway...

Salgado was amateur. Love the guy, he's a legend, but man he had a howler. You'd expect a man of his years to use his experience to counter Agbonlahor's pace. But he was all over the place and wouldn't force him onto his weaker foot. Not sure who was supposed to be doubling up with him though. Who *was* playing right midfield?

Fair enough, John. Just think it's a Catch 22 situation when you're failing at your job.

Anyway...

Salgado was amateur. Love the guy, he's a legend, but man he had a howler. You'd expect a man of his years to use his experience to counter Agbonlahor's pace. But he was all over the place and wouldn't force him onto his weaker foot. Not sure who was supposed to be doubling up with him though. Who *was* playing right midfield?

And that is the problem all over the park, thats why we are defending badly, it stems from the front and through midfield, any defence will struggle with that !!

Anyway...

MGP....If we have learnt anything over the years it is that MGP cannot play right side midefield, so why play him there? One confusing decision follows another.

• Moderation Lead

My god we were bad. We started the 2nd half well, but that aside, I could see them soaking up the pressure and mugging us off on the break as per with Rovers and so it proved!

In agreement with Topman, Salgado was awful, as much as I love the guy he was given a torrid time by Agbonlahor and it was terrible to watch.

As for Dunn......... :rolleyes:

MGP....If we have learnt anything over the years it is that MGP cannot play right side midefield, so why play him there? One confusing decision follows another.

Radio Lancs suggested he was there part of the match so he could exploit Young after he had a knock.

He has no interestin the fans, he is playing the media like he played Venkys.

If he keeps the media off his back as much as possible and Venkys sweet then he keeps his job longer and making a lot of money.

The press probably think he did a good job last year, I remember Richard Keys and Gray saying so at the end of the season.

Kean says whatever he thinks is in his own interests. Whether its to the press, the police, the magistrate or us, the fans.

he is just a blatent liar.

Archived