BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview: Aston Villa v. Rovers 20th August 2011

Could someone who was at the match today give their opinions on whether or not they think that Kean has lost the dressing room? it is just a strong feeling I am getting from following Cryers live match report and also some of the reactions from people on this thread as well.

Honest opinions only please.

Honest reply fife ... are you taking the piuss? lost the dressing room? why can you not assess the situation for yourself? its bloody obvious to the proverbial dingle blind man on a horse that we are fooked! stop being a fool. at your age I would expect that you know better, but you are just giving the football terrorists succour and implicit support. its about time now that you and the so-called "loyals" realise just what is happening and act accordingly. the only action now for anyone that loves rovers is to boycott... continued attendance is tantamount to collaboration.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honest reply fife ... are you taking the piuss? lost the dressing room? why can you not assess the situation for yourself? its bloody obvious to the proverbial dingle blind man on a horse that we are fooked! stop being a fool. at your age I would expect that you know better, but you are just giving the football terrorists succour and implicit support. its about time now that you and the so-called "loyals" realise just what is happening and act accordingly. the only action now for anyone that loves rovers is to boycott... continued attendance is tantamount to collaboration.

jeez! your an iliterate git!(and thats coming from me)

kean out, yes, lost halve the dressing room, yes, the rest of your rant no.

I was really disappointed today. I thought we did well to score through Pedersen but when I was waiting for us to do some subs, Villa makes it 3-1 on their third chance after once again sloppy defending. To be fair, Hanley needs to play some championship football and Nelsen have been out long and Salgado had some really poor defending and was looking like a headless chicken against Agbonlahor.

The few positives was Hoilett and the introduction of Petrovic who I believe will be a star.

Roberts had a poor day and Formica should have started instead. And Goodwillie showed some glimpses but he need games.

We really need to but 2-3 defenders and one really good striker if we want to stay in the league.

And by the way, we haven't won at Villa Park for ages. Remember we lost heavily last season with Big Sam as manager.... And I would love to see Hughes as manager but I can't see it happening.

And why does Nzonzi always seems to play the ball back to defenders? Nothing creativity at all...maybe he should be a centreback after all. puh...its hard to be a rovers supporter...

whats the betting that on mon/tues well be linked with a all host of new players where supposedly close to signing and kean well blend back into the background.

Aye seems funny does'nt it that when the ###### hits the fan we are linked to someone new to forget about our problems!

Not sure what will save him when the transfer window shuts.

He only asked a question that required a sensible answer.

Aye seems funny does'nt it that when the ###### hits the fan we are linked to someone new to forget about our problems!

Not sure what will save him when the transfer window shuts.

Plenty will look forward to the summer window when we will spend a further 50 billion pounds and have Coach make our shin guards.

4-4-1-1 at home to Wolves

4-4-2 away to Villa

That tells you everyting you need to know about the imposter/chancer of an excuse for a manager.

Heskey played behind Bent and caused untold problems. I'm sure if we had started with N'Zonzi and Petrovic in CM this wouldn't have happened. It has been clear for some time now that opponents are targeting Salgado. Up against the predominantly right footed Agbonlahor he kept shwoing him inside and allowing him to cross or shoot. Most of crosses from their right saw Heskey isolate himself against Salgado.

4-4-1-1 at home to Wolves

4-4-2 away to Villa

That tells you everyting you need to know about the imposter/chancer of an excuse for a manager.

Heskey played behind Bent and caused untold problems. I'm sure if we had started with N'Zonzi and Petrovic in CM this wouldn't have happened. It has been clear for some time now that opponents are targeting Salgado. Up against the predominantly right footed Agbonlahor he kept shwoing him inside and allowing him to cross or shoot. Most of crosses from their right saw Heskey isolate himself against Salgado.

In all fairness I knew if Heskey played today whether he played in the nets or as a sub he would have scored against us, he always does.

Why is anyone surprised the team looks disjointed and defensively weak compared to the one that ended last season so strongly ?

We have lost the spine of the team in P Jones and J Jones and neither player has been replaced - a basic error of the management.

The club appears to be in disarray and the team as it stands with the current manager in charge is nailed-on certainty for relegation.

I know it's unlikely but if Venky's act quickly and decisively and replaced the manager the team could be turned around.

The problem is, the club is seen as a laughing stock within the game - witness the hilarity and ribald comments in the press box at Villa Park today - and which decent and self-respecting manager would want to work for the present owners ?

The problem is, the club is seen as a laughing stock within the game - witness the hilarity and ribald comments in the press box at Villa Park today - and which decent and self-respecting manager would want to work for the present owners ?

I'd really like to know what was being said.

Ill ask again on behalf of fife - for those that attended your impressions . Disorganised, lacking in effort ? Getting sick of knee jerk reactions - would like honest unbias opinion. Take Kean out of the equation - we were always going to struggle today with no Samba, etc. Our owners have a lot to answer for in terms of transfer policy (but there is time to put it right) and most managers would have struggled. Not defending Kean - personally feel we need Hughes back. However two matches - and our injury record is harsh (many mention his record last season - for balance I would point at last few games when we had a settled side). We are all passionate about Rovers - but talk of a Boycott is daft.

The last thing we should do is to avoid the games, We can protest outside the ground about the manager and business situation but when the team plays we should get behind the team, be the 12 th player on the pitch. I am not happy with the transfers but i think we play better football now than with Big Sam but the big miss is that we have so poor defenders and poor strikers....thats what we need, then we can judge....but I would love to see Mark Hughes at Ewood.

He only asked a question that required a sensible answer.

yes i understand that but the gloves are now off - if we continue in the same manner we are only ending in the same pit. we MUST take action now. and that includes shaming the collaborators ... even those that don't realise the damaging position that they have adopted. believe me, this is not an internet warrior position - i have plenty of friends that i am trying to enlighten on this. the over-riding feeling is that they cannot believe that we are being raped - most people just don't believe whatr is happening. it is sad because when the reality dawns some/many will be too ashamed/shocked to take any meaningful action. i want people to understand NOW that we are being taken for country bunkin fools! when you wake up and realise this pls don't shout at anybody except yourself.

yes i understand that but the gloves are now off - if we continue in the same manner we are only ending in the same pit. we MUST take action now. and that includes shaming the collaborators ... even those that don't realise the damaging position that they have adopted. believe me, this is not an internet warrior position - i have plenty of friends that i am trying to enlighten on this. the over-riding feeling is that they cannot believe that we are being raped - most people just don't believe whatr is happening. it is sad because when the reality dawns some/many will be too ashamed/shocked to take any meaningful action. i want people to understand NOW that we are being taken for country bunkin fools! when you wake up and realise this pls don't shout at anybody except yourself.

Did u go today ?

Ill ask again on behalf of fife - for those that attended your impressions . Disorganised, lacking in effort ? Getting sick of knee jerk reactions - would like honest unbias opinion. Take Kean out of the equation - we were always going to struggle today with no Samba, etc. Our owners have a lot to answer for in terms of transfer policy (but there is time to put it right) and most managers would have struggled. Not defending Kean - personally feel we need Hughes back. However two matches - and our injury record is harsh (many mention his record last season - for balance I would point at last few games when we had a settled side). We are all passionate about Rovers - but talk of a Boycott is daft.

errm rubbish, no method or plan basically like a bunch of kids playing wembley up the park. in fact foookin shocking!

Why are we having the defensive problems?

Samba is "injured" and Givet was suffering with hiccups last week and is still ill, you want an unbias opinion from people that went to the game, you dont really need to go to the game to see there are problems before the team even step on the pitch.

I saw the last 15 minutes and was amazed how many times we passed the ball around in our own half, it was like watching the Man U match again yet this time we were 3-1 down.

If our defensive problems are so bad why did'nt we have our own "Chris Smalling" in Myles Anderson on the bench or the pitch, the whole thing smells worse than kippers in the sun.

Did u go today ?

i know your intentions are proper but we were sh1t and never even looked like a team. it was obvious that our only threat was hoilett but there was no plan to get him into the game ... just a bunch of kids with pub-league movement. truely embarrassing

Did u go today ?

was thinkin the same,

its easy for people that dont go to many games to say stop going to games, me personlly id rather everyone went and voiced there opinion vocally (if they feel inclined) than stay at home twiddling there thumbs.

im thinkin bombarding the manager(manager!!!!!) with donuts on weds if we lose.

was thinkin the same,

its easy for people that dont go to many games to say stop going to games, me personlly id rather everyone went and voiced there opinion vocally (if they feel inclined) than stay at home twiddling there thumbs.

Maybe that's the protest!!!

We all take a donut and throw it on the pitch!!!

Hundreds of donuts, would deffo make the telly!

im thinkin bombarding the manager(manager!!!!!) with donuts on weds if we lose.

As I posted in the Kean thread, in the press box today, Rovers were being treated as a total and utter joke club, it is such a shame that our once proud club has been reduced to such ridicule.

Whats new? I don't recall our club being treated as a proud and relevant club by the media during my whole lifetime... To them we're just an inconvenience in their reporting about a select handful of other clubs.

We always do bad against Villa and considering statistics I don't have much hope for Everton either... The key thing now is to get a decent squad together before the window closes and minimize the damage we sustain before that.

Kean is not going to disappear after two games, the Venkys mob are showing signs of improvement and really, exactly what would we gain from them walking away right now? The kneejerk reactions in this thread are expected and understandable, but still not very connected to reality.

Archived