BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mr.X

SergioPeter89

So according to different reliable media sources, our manager has flown out to speak with an unknown striker.

Instead of reading a little bit of this in a lot of other threads, can we not discuss him in here? And then Glenn or someone can change the title when the player is known.

Player that have been mentioned to be Mr.X so far:

* Raul

* Papiss Demba Cisse

* Kevin Mirallas

* Luca Toni

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

Was actually thinking the same thing after reading the latest interview with Venkys. But that would be too much to hope for.

Anyway, I really can`t see a good striker being enough as long as Kean is in charge...

It will take more than 2 games with his own players for anyone to safely judge. I fear playing 442 away from home, with David Dunn having to cover will not help his cause though. If petrovic turns out to be a supercharged JJ resuts could change round quite quickly. Perhaps the attacking talent we seem to be be adding to, might have a solid foundation to work with.

I hope that the Mr X is Cisse due to his amazing goal scoring record in a league more like our own than many other european. Still, things would be much easier if we could afford to sign guaranteed goals for 20m+ e.g. Darren Bent.

it says in the LT this morning that the striker in question is an international and that he wants it sorting before the international break that is coming up

There was talk of Marco Ruben last night, but yet he's not mentioned in the list in the opening post of this thread. Has someone ITK ruled him out?

my guess is someone who is a non starter, with an average goal scoring record in a poorer league and will cost between 0-2 million pounds...

I hope I am wrong

I'll take that if they play well for us. Surely the future is the important thing.

my guess is someone who is a non starter, with an average goal scoring record in a poorer league and will cost between 0-2 million pounds...

I hope I am wrong

Also players that have bad disciplinary record come a bit cheaper, so look for anyone that has assaulted their manager, team mate or randomly beaten a member of the public.

Also players that have bad disciplinary record come a bit cheaper, so look for anyone that has assaulted their manager, team mate or randomly beaten a member of the public.

One with a history of assaulting their manager sounds good to me :)

Archived