BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mounir El Hamadoui

farhanology

notice you missed 3seasons out 2005-2008 he only played 16games-6 goals several injuries 1 serious, still not a bad record for games played.

6 goals in 16 games, pretty good. Over a season that could be 12 goals in 32 games, so add maybe another 5 goals in another 6 games and thats 17 goals in 38 games. Pretty impressive then

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

notice you missed 3seasons out 2005-2008 he only played 16games-6 goals several injuries 1 serious, still not a bad record for games played.Does seem a bit light,good skills and scores goals,may be a poor mans Berbatov,but would he cope with the pressure of the Prem.and put in a full shift, as the Prem requires.

So you just proved that he had injuries - yet has recovered and continued a good scoring record, if not improved it! :wacko:

As for frustrating....maybe - but Jason Roberts is FAR more frustrating! 2 games, 0 goals so far this season.....he averages about 1 in 7.

I was just highlighting the good seasons, to show that he has had more than just "1-2 good seasons"

At £2.5m, how can anyone think this is even a risk? Nevermind one worth taking.

Agree with you price is very low,for most clubs but in the present climate at Ewood can we afford to take that chance,remember this guy had 18 months at spurs and couldn't get 1 game in first team, that would bother me,but if you only have limited funds like Rovers have you and can't afford a Cisse ect. then it could be woth the gamble.

This blog post seems to explain why El Hamadoui hasn't been getting that many games recently:

Ajax blog on El Hamdaoui's exile

Personally I'd rather have him over Ibisevic as at £2.5m he is definitely less of a risk. Always wary of Eredivisie strikers and their misleading records in what can be quite a weak league i.e Kezman and Alves. But then again Ruud Van Nistlerooy turned out alright!

This blog post seems to explain why El Hamadoui hasn't been getting that many games recently:

Ajax blog on El Hamdaoui's exile

Personally I'd rather have him over Ibisevic as at £2.5m he is definitely less of a risk. Always wary of Eredivisie strikers and their misleading records in what can be quite a weak league i.e Kezman and Alves. But then again Ruud Van Nistlerooy turned out alright!

Thanks for that, it explains a lot.

Call me crazy, but I think we need a player like he is described to be in that blog. Far too often we try to play like Arsenal and try to pass the ball into the net, we could do with a striker who will just look to run at the opposition defense with only one thing on his mind, to find the back of the net.

At £2.5m he would be a snip. For those saying "he couldn't make it at Tottenham" don't make me laugh. They sold Defoe and Crouch, then realised their mistake and bought them back. They sold Bent, and I am pretty sure they could do with his goals right now. If you buy 50 players over a 3 year period, there are bound to be some who won't even get a fair look in. He has gained valuable experience since then, and banged the goals in. The Eridivese is physical like the PL, so if he comes I think he'd fit in very well.

you ask me if im on crack... I ask you have you seen him play?

I, honest to god, have seen him play many many many times! i've probably seen as much of ajax as I saw rovers played last season! and i watched pretty much every match of blackburn.

He played alot when Jol was there but once they got de boer in as manager he was subbed and got VERY VERY limited playing time. De Boer saw that he wasn't up to standard and with De Boer they won the league. So please... before you spout anymore crap, do some basic research. Don't just get wikipedia's stats to back up your argument... that's just stupid. At least I've had plenty of first hand experience watching him play.

I stand to be corrected on him if we sign and he becomes a huge hit, but for now I stand by what I say... Not good enough for EPL.

I dare you to ask any proper ajax fan what they think of him then relay that back here... please.

He's got a "decent" goal scoring record in a league where you get people scoring more than a goal a game! and look how those players did when they moved to tougher leagues? K.Huntelaar is a prime example.

Mateja Kesman and Afonso Alves both had cracking strike rates in the Eridvisie and look how they turned out.

So did Romario, Ronaldo, Ruud and Suarez and they definitely couldnt hack it at the highest level...oh wait those players dont suit your agenda so of course you wouldnt mention them.

So did Romario, Ronaldo, Ruud and Suarez and they definitely couldnt hack it at the highest level...oh wait those players dont suit your agenda so of course you wouldnt mention them.

That other guy that played for Ajax and Inter then went to Arsenal...he wasnt that great, Dennis bergkamp i think his name was.

That other guy that played for Ajax and Inter then went to Arsenal...he wasnt that great, Dennis bergkamp i think his name was.

I was just going to mention him and Overmars. This whole nonsense about the league a player plays in, and he won't make it in the EPL is just stupid. If you know where the back of the net is, and you get good ball you will still score. The game is still the same, and with a good scoring record its worth taking a chance. For that fee, we could hardly go wrong knowing the duds we signed in Grabbi and Kalinic for ridiculous amounts. Note the trend, Benni, Bellamy and RSC came on the cheap, did well. Exception was Andy Cole, but he proved his worth. We won't have to spend huge amounts, just got to get the right players in.

Agenda? He was making a point.

You had to go back around a decade to make your point beyond Suarez as well.

The Dutch league is weak - much weaker than the Bundesliga. Don't go back further than a few years when making examples, the Dutch league used to be much stronger than it is today. Look at how Ajax, PSV and Feyernoord have deteriorated as forces in European competition.

I'm 50/50 on this guy. I don't want to make a judgement yet because he would have improved alot since playing with spurs. BUT all my information does come from first hand experience of watching him! his goal record does flatter to decieve his true ability. Bare in mind, he was playing with Ajax, the champions of ere divisie. He would have had more scoring chances etc and still he got exiled after de boer came in.... food for thought there.

• Moderation Lead

Obviously Suarez hasn't hit the ground running for Liverpool at all.... :rolleyes:

For every example you use from any 'weaker' league that has flopped, you could just as easily mention a player who has been a resounding success.

Its not the league that determines a players talent or the ability to adjust.

Speed, technique, mental toughness, and a setup up that suits his style of play is quite a bit more interesting to discuss when it comes to wether a player is a good shout or not.

I have my fears with the set up here - but there could be hope with regards to my others points...

Obviously Suarez hasn't hit the ground running for Liverpool at all.... :rolleyes:

Not sure why I'm bothering reply to something made in such a tone, but...

Suarez was proven to be top quality in international football too. Anyone who had spent any time watching Uruguay knew that he was a top quality player.

El Hamdaoui has proven nothing at that level, which has to be worrying since Morocco aren't exactly blessed with great strikers. He shares far more career similarities with the likes of Afonso Alves than he does top quality players like Suarez.

Agenda? He was making a point.

You had to go back around a decade to make your point beyond Suarez as well.

The Dutch league is weak - much weaker than the Bundesliga. Don't go back further than a few years when making examples, the Dutch league used to be much stronger than it is today. Look at how Ajax, PSV and Feyernoord have deteriorated as forces in European competition.

What about Kuyt? Scored loads in Holland and has scored plenty in th PL even without playing up front.

Archived