BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys' Bait

BPF

Blackburn Rovers are a worm

In the early days of the Premier League, Blackburn Rovers could be considered as the Koi Carp of the English football pond. Their value and attractive players made them the talk of the sport. Uncle Jack ensured that his fish was well fed and successful and at one point the future seemed very bright indeed.

Fast forward sixteen years and that proud carp is now a semi-lifeless worm wiggling helplessly under the ever rising waters of increasing Premier League spending and inexperienced management. The worm has of course been tied to the line by Indian Chicken farmers, Venkys. The reason for using the club as bait is yet unclear. When the club was taken over, they spoke about increased brand exposure and little else that could be viewed as coherent thought. The real question, is what are they trying to catch? It seems impossible that they have any advisors when they believe that a manager with the record of Kean, is the man to bring success to the club. As Blackburn Rovers rapidly run out of air, the supporters seem to slowly be accepting their fate. Of course, there is booing after opposition goals and poor defeats but as of yet there has been nothing sustained.

When the owners attend the games, nothing is that different. The worm is still wiggling on the line. The supporters are in the ground and nothing appears to be that different, any booing that follows conceeded goals is surely to be expected?

Whilst Steve Kean is the manager, I can no longer see Blackburn Rovers as my club. I feel as though I am being held to an agreement that I never signed up to. Loving a football club should be unconditional but at the moment it feels like a marriage involving having to live with the Mother in Law and noone wants that. As a child, I remember the guy in front of me would be flatulent through the entire game. Never did I believe that one day, Blackburn Rovers would be better off with his farts in the managers seat.

So what do we do? Without extraordinarily drastic action I am afraid that Kean will stay and that we will be relegated. Whether or not you believe it, Venkys seemingly think that the supporters are badly educated and poor who are getting frustrated at their 'hobby'. They have no understanding of the love that we all have for the club. There is only one thing for it...

Cut the line and let the worm drown (For a while).

People keep talking about the difference between harming the club without harming Venkys. I'm sorry but there is only way to attract the worldwide media attention required to save the club and that is through the supporters being so desperate for action that they are willing to harm their own club.

That is why I propose a 'Stay away'.

The next home game, you should all simply stay at home with the reason that Kean is manager. Ensure that the club are aware of your intentions. The games are beamed worldwide. Imagine the reaction when noone is in the seats, action would need to be taken and the negative PR against Venkys would force their hand. I honestly believe that this is the only way to save the club.

Obviously I don't want to harm the club which is why I suggest this for one game only.

What I propose is a way to save the club.

If we get relegated...that is only the start of the bad times. I'm sure of that.

I can no longer be at Ewood, but it is just as hurtful to watch this happen to the club, 4,000 miles away.

Please, please, please save the club.

This is an idea produced through sheer desperation. If you don't agree then feel free to say so / close the thread. Action needs to be taken though, I'm sure of that.

I think its a very fair and dignifed stand against the owners and the club. Word needs to get out thought BPF - through the papers and local radio! Of course you will have the stalwarts that will turn up but I would expect that would be few. The owners will have to sit up and take notice!

I'd have more respect for your stance BPF I'd you weren't making the suggestion whilst sat in New York.

For many, going to Ewood is an escape from everyday life. You can't just say "don't go".

We do, however, need some way of showing our feelings. This needs to be aimed at Venkys and Kean though, not the players during the game.

A sit-in for an hour after a game?

Blackburn Rovers are a worm

In the early days of the Premier League, Blackburn Rovers could be considered as the Koi Carp of the English football pond. Their value and attractive players made them the talk of the sport. Uncle Jack ensured that his fish was well fed and successful and at one point the future seemed very bright indeed.

Fast forward sixteen years and that proud carp is now a semi-lifeless worm wiggling helplessly under the ever rising waters of increasing Premier League spending and inexperienced management. The worm has of course been tied to the line by Indian Chicken farmers, Venkys. The reason for using the club as bait is yet unclear. When the club was taken over, they spoke about increased brand exposure and little else that could be viewed as coherent thought. The real question, is what are they trying to catch? It seems impossible that they have any advisors when they believe that a manager with the record of Kean, is the man to bring success to the club. As Blackburn Rovers rapidly run out of air, the supporters seem to slowly be accepting their fate. Of course, there is booing after opposition goals and poor defeats but as of yet there has been nothing sustained.

When the owners attend the games, nothing is that different. The worm is still wiggling on the line. The supporters are in the ground and nothing appears to be that different, any booing that follows conceeded goals is surely to be expected?

Whilst Steve Kean is the manager, I can no longer see Blackburn Rovers as my club. I feel as though I am being held to an agreement that I never signed up to. Loving a football club should be unconditional but at the moment it feels like a marriage involving having to live with the Mother in Law and noone wants that. As a child, I remember the guy in front of me would be flatulent through the entire game. Never did I believe that one day, Blackburn Rovers would be better off with his farts in the managers seat.

So what do we do? Without extraordinarily drastic action I am afraid that Kean will stay and that we will be relegated. Whether or not you believe it, Venkys seemingly think that the supporters are badly educated and poor who are getting frustrated at their 'hobby'. They have no understanding of the love that we all have for the club. There is only one thing for it...

Cut the line and let the worm drown (For a while).

People keep talking about the difference between harming the club without harming Venkys. I'm sorry but there is only way to attract the worldwide media attention required to save the club and that is through the supporters being so desperate for action that they are willing to harm their own club.

That is why I propose a 'Stay away'.

The next home game, you should all simply stay at home with the reason that Kean is manager. Ensure that the club are aware of your intentions. The games are beamed worldwide. Imagine the reaction when noone is in the seats, action would need to be taken and the negative PR against Venkys would force their hand. I honestly believe that this is the only way to save the club.

Obviously I don't want to harm the club which is why I suggest this for one game only.

What I propose is a way to save the club.

If we get relegated...that is only the start of the bad times. I'm sure of that.

I can no longer be at Ewood, but it is just as hurtful to watch this happen to the club, 4,000 miles away.

Please, please, please save the club.

This is an idea produced through sheer desperation. If you don't agree then feel free to say so / close the thread. Action needs to be taken though, I'm sure of that.

I agree it would surely make them sit up and pay attention, the media would have a field day and PR would be really bad for Venkys. If Keen had any moral fibre he would just say I am not up to this and resign. The most important thing in all this is BRFC and the future, which at present looks very bleak. I watched the highlights on Sky Sports and even though reports say we ran the game, it didn't look like it. Very fragile at least the defence was more solid. A better team would have cut us to shreds.

I take it you don't teach English BPF ;)

You do seen to have found all the commas that brfcrule1 has lost though.

Haha! My English is usually excellent! I blame the following factors:

1. Whiskey

2. Lateness of post

3. Hurricane Irene

I'd have more respect for your stance BPF I'd you weren't making the suggestion whilst sat in New York.

For many, going to Ewood is an escape from everyday life. You can't just say "don't go".

We do, however, need some way of showing our feelings. This needs to be aimed at Venkys and Kean though, not the players during the game.

A sit-in for an hour after a game?

Jisty,

I see your point but I have had a season ticket for Rovers every year since 1991. Furthermore, I don't think that Rovers is serving as escapism from harsh reality at the moment.

I've only lived here for a month....

Jisty,

I see your point but I have had a season ticket for Rovers every year since 1991. Furthermore, I don't think that Rovers is serving as escapism from harsh reality at the moment.

I've only lived here for a month....

I know you've only just gone over but spare a thought for those if us left behind. Believe me, going to Rovers is definitely a suspended reality at the minute. For all the frustration surrounding our beloved club, there are still worse things going on in people's 'real' lives!

Hope you are safe away from the hurricane, mate.

I know you've only just gone over but spare a thought for those if us left behind. Believe me, going to Rovers is definitely a suspended reality at the minute. For all the frustration surrounding our beloved club, there are still worse things going on in people's 'real' lives!

Hope you are safe away from the hurricane, mate.

Very good point Jisty. I cannot believe that it annoys me just as much from over here. The Mother In Law's opinion of me was changed forever when she saw me react to Formica's missed penalty yesterday :unsure:.

Irene woke me up at 4am by shaking my window frame, followed by the wife jumping out of bed almost vertically. Scary stuff. Thanks for the wishes though mate.

Over the last 2 months or so I have learnt all there is to know about why this takeover happened and some of the details behind recent decisions. I could find out more but it actually scares me. Some of it is through my work so can't really disclose some of that information.

Over the last 2 months or so I have learnt all there is to know about why this takeover happened and some of the details behind recent decisions. I could find out more but it actually scares me. Some of it is through my work so can't really disclose some of that information.

so, this is really bad news for the fans this? another Portsmouth situation?

No, Venkys are spending money in relation to structure and there should be a personnel appointment soon but they have been very badly advised. Think we all need to remember that the football industry is completely new to them.

I'm afraid it won't happen, BPF. I've already said that the best thing people can do is vote with their feet and I was told that it's not the mark of a supporter, etc. The addicted masses will never make such a stand because they're too hooked on the game and they're misguided sense of tribal loyalty that they don't know what's good for 'em OR the game.

No, Venkys are spending money in relation to structure and there should be a personnel appointment soon but they have been very badly advised. Think we all need to remember that the football industry is completely new to them.

The key is John are they still being advised by the same people? If so they have not learnt anything, if money is being spent on infrastructure then thats a sign that they plan on staying.

The Mother In Law's opinion of me was changed forever when she saw me react to Formica's missed penalty yesterday :unsure:.

:lol:

I wouldn't worry too much. She's your mother-in-law, she probably didn't like you that much anyway. ;):lol:

Archived