BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Scott Dann

Iceman

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we're excitecd by the prospect of signing a centre-half who took Brum down? Our forward line this season is worse than theirs last year!

I'd be excited if we signed Kuqi this window has been such a nightmare.

So we're excitecd by the prospect of signing a centre-half who took Brum down? Our forward line this season is worse than theirs last year!

You probably would have said this about Roger Johnson, too, and he's doing fine at Wolves, who haven't lost a game yet this season despite finishing below us and only bringing in a couple of new players.

He missed some of last season due to injury, and the problem with Brum is they couldn't score goals.

How it was his fault that Brum went down I do not know.

Very good player, but I believe right back is a much more pressing issue than centre back at the moment - if Samba stays, that is. Givet presumably to move back to left back with Dann and Samba at centre back, and Olsson/Vukcevic to battle it out for the left midfielder/winger spot?

0911: Birmingham news courtesy of BBC Sport's Alistair Magowan - bosh. "A source close to Birmingham City says the club is yet to receive bids for Scott Dann and Cameron Jerome despite reported interest from Blackburn and Stoke respectively, but there are indications they may come during the day

0911: Birmingham news courtesy of BBC Sport's Alistair Magowan - bosh. "A source close to Birmingham City says the club is yet to receive bids for Scott Dann and Cameron Jerome despite reported interest from Blackburn and Stoke respectively, but there are indications they may come during the day

Getting their fans ready for the disappointment? Later say a late bid was made, and they couldn’t replace in time? Sounds familiar….

Very good player, but I believe right back is a much more pressing issue than centre back at the moment - if Samba stays, that is. Givet presumably to move back to left back with Dann and Samba at centre back, and Olsson/Vukcevic to battle it out for the left midfielder/winger spot?

Dann massively improves our back line IMO. Givet at left back is a plus, too. There was something on Twitter yesterday about Israeli media linking us with a right back from over there but I haven't seen it repeated since and I didn't catch the name.

Fantastic signing if this happens, Dann is the one I wanted in to replace Jones in the first place, thought we'd have no chance of signing him due to interest from Liverpool and some of the other big boys.

Still won't believe it until it's happened though, go on Venkys there is still time to win us over.

Archived