BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Scott Dann

Iceman

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outstanding defender, more a Cahill style of player, would suit Arsenal and a perfect partner for Samba IMO.

IF he arrives that would be at least two players that I would consider excellent players purchased for minimal fees (Simon and Dann), lets hope he arrives then a further two signings of equally similar standards and this could be the best window we have had in years!

Nicko's tweets are a bit ominuous...

The cynical might just say we are often being used as an agents tool to try and force other interested clubs to get their bids in quick, the whole thing will end up stinking as usual. Hope im wrong.

Deal is imminent but has a lot of add ons.

Because we can't afford to pay in full if reports are believed.

I wonder what will happen if Cahill agrees a deal with Spurs giving Bolton the funds to pay the fee in full for Dann now? Surely the selling club especially one with money problems like Brum would prefer the money straight away?

SSN just showed Dann walking into Ewood after completing his medical. Also said Yakubu was having a medical. Finally we're bringing in players who have actually played in the Premiership - has to be some cause for minor optimism!

I so agreed with you up until the Yakubu bit...

Obviously Dann is a much better signing than Yakubu, but Yakubu has to be a marginally better option for us up front than Roberts or Benjani - actually, as I type this I feel despair that Yakubu would just be this season's Benjani - a striker who was ok 5 years ago and now injury ravaged and not worth the money. Oh well, lets hope the rumours circulating on Twitter that we're signing Nickolas Bendtner for 8 million will be true...

Obviously Dann is a much better signing than Yakubu, but Yakubu has to be a marginally better option for us up front than Roberts or Benjani - actually, as I type this I feel despair that Yakubu would just be this season's Benjani - a striker who was ok 5 years ago and now injury ravaged and not worth the money. Oh well, lets hope the rumours circulating on Twitter that we're signing Nickolas Bendtner for 8 million will be true...

There's no way the chicken lot are gunna pay £8m for any1

Really happy if we get Dann. This is a player who was being linked to arsenal and Liverpool at the start of the window and it looks like we might get him. Him and samba would be a very solid pairing, just onouha for the RB slot now please.

Really happy if we get Dann. This is a player who was being linked to arsenal and Liverpool at the start of the window and it looks like we might get him. Him and samba would be a very solid pairing, just onouha for the RB slot now please.

I Agree Onouha would be a good replacement for salgado

Made up if Dann signs.

But, what is the catch? linked to chelsea/arsenal/liverpool.......seemingly now coming here uncontested for £5m, can't see us paying huge wages so i just don't understand it.

Feeling its a stepping stone move for him to stay in premier league for a season ala bellamy with very low release fee.

Archived