BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Scott Dann

Iceman

I've never seen Ribeiro play. Have you?

Kean compared him to Dennis Irwin so he must be good, although he did compare Goodwillie to Rooney but Rooney is a couple of years older so Goodwillie has time to catch up, I mean when Rooney was 22 years old he was worth 2 million and he is probably worth 50 million now.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking the other day that I wish we'd kept hold of him. He did a really solid job whenever he played. I'm not going to judge him playing in that shambles of a West Ham team.

I'd definitely welcome him back.

People should tip off Vineeth Rao and Kean about Lars Jacobsen. I also think he would be better suited to Kean's play than he was with Sam.

He had a good game for Denmark against Norway yesterday and as you LeChuck I wish we'd kept hold of him.

11th season in a row or something now isnt it?

Statistically so but we've fought off a few too many relegation struggles to call us an established Premier League side, the nearest being only last season. Right now we are favourites to go down and are bottom with no points.

I'm sure you know our plight as well as I do but like Kean you're half-full.

Stick with what we have at right back and perhaps add Clyne in Jan.

Samba & Dann has to be 1st choice central defence now

Would Clyne be a better option than Onuoha though, rep0rted he can leave for around 3.5m, how much is Clyne going to cost?, similar IMO. Know which one I'd go for.

Onuoha certainly won't be around next summer.

Would Clyne be a better option than Onuoha though, rep0rted he can leave for around 3.5m, how much is Clyne going to cost?, similar IMO. Know which one I'd go for.

Onuoha certainly won't be around next summer.

Clyne was reported around £1.5-2m

Onouha £6m which eventually came down to £3.5m

One is on HUGE wages one will be on quite low wages.... Not sure which deal would be best

• Backroom

Hmm, Hughesy's technically right in saying wer're an established Premier League side. We've earned that by being in the league for so long. However, such a title has no bearing whatsoever on our chances of being relegated. If a club comes from from the Championship and spends hefty money, whilst a previously established Premier League club sells off its best players and replaces them with inferior models then the promoted club, despite not being established in the Premier League, would still be a better bet to stay up than the "established" club.

Statistically so but we've fought off a few too many relegation struggles to call us an established Premier League side, the nearest being only last season. Right now we are favourites to go down and are bottom with no points.

I'm sure you know our plight as well as I do but like Kean you're half-full.

10th place 2002

6th place 2003

15th place 2004

15th place 2005

6th place 2006

10th place 2007

7th place 2008

15th place 2009

10th place 2010

15th place 2011

avergae place 10.9 = midtable over 10 years = established

Rooney signed for United when he was 18. He only cost them £26m. So I think you're definitely right. Four years later, his value plummeted to £2m. And three years on it's gone back up to a whopping £50m.

Ha ha! I just lol'd in the office!

Clyne was reported around £1.5-2m

Onouha £6m which eventually came down to £3.5m

One is on HUGE wages one will be on quite low wages.... Not sure which deal would be best

Agree about the wages for Onuoha, but even Sunderland wouldn't pay his 40k alleged wages.

We seem to bring potential in on 20-25k a week nowadays, Goodwillie, Formica, Rochina, Petrovic, IMO Clyne would be similar.

Our top earners must be on around 30-35kpw.

Onuoha at 24 with 125 prem games under his belt has to be worth the extra, more flexible in terms of position, not sure Clyne offers that.

Rooney signed for United when he was 18. He only cost them £26m. So I think you're definitely right. Four years later, his value plummeted to £2m. And three years on it's gone back up to a whopping £50m.

I'm pretty certain Chris was being heavily sarcastic to take the pee out of Kean's comparison of Goodwillie to Rooney, and Ribeiro to Irwin.

Just realized that Dann was injured in january and been out for the rest of the season, thats why Birmingham got relegated, or at least they started t lose games without him.... could be a key player for us with Samba!! Scored just two last season so Im hoping for more this term!

I'm pretty certain Chris was being heavily sarcastic to take the pee out of Kean's comparison of Goodwillie to Rooney, and Ribeiro to Irwin.

:D see I like Lechuck he can't be fooled, 2009 Rooney had just played in the Champions league final, good international record and scored about 25 goals, that easily makes him worth 3 or 4 million haha, although maybe 30m with agent fees :tu: .

I was more suggesting that comparing Goodwillie at 2 million to Rooney who cost 26 million 4 years younger was odd and comparing Irwin to our new Brazilian friend is probably just as bad.

Just realized that Dann was injured in january and been out for the rest of the season, thats why Birmingham got relegated, or at least they started t lose games without him.... could be a key player for us with Samba!! Scored just two last season so Im hoping for more this term!

They also scored 37 goals which was by far the lowest.

They also scored 37 goals which was by far the lowest.

You can survive with that kind of record as long as your defense is strong. AIK won the Swedish league in 1998 or 1999 scoring 25 goals in 26 games. Defense wins you championships! (To take a saying from American Football).

Wasn't Kean comparing Goodwillie's playing style as to that of Rooneys'? Not value for money?

Comparing 22/23 year old purchase for 2 or 3 million or freebies to Irwin, Batistuta or Rooney in any form is just a demonstration of Kean as a person, positively deluded.

And thats not just the fans, plenty of Newspapers have use the deluded headline.

Its a bit like buying a ford focus with fuel injection and the sales man saying "it runs a bit like a ferrari"

Comparing 22/23 year old purchase for 2 or 3 million or freebies to Irwin, Batistuta or Rooney in any form is just a demonstration of Kean as a person, positively deluded.

And thats not just the fans, plenty of Newspapers have use the deluded headline.

Its a bit like buying a ford focus with fuel injection and the sales man saying "it runs a bit like a ferrari"

I dont think you quite understand.

He was saying he believes Goodwillie & Rooney have the same playing style.

Not that he's as good as Rooney.

It's like saying someone who has a bit of vision with their passing is a bit of a Tugay.

Or someone who runs about a lot but isn't much of a footballer is a bit of a Savage type player.

Or buying a car made by Noble and saying "it's quick and agile, much like a Ferrari"

(Chris gets home: "can you believe the Salesman said it's just like a Ferrari? It's not even red! What a knob")

But if you fancy twisting words and making them fit in to whatever it is you'd like them to mean then by all means; carry on.

I dont think you quite understand.

He was saying he believes Goodwillie & Rooney have the same playing style.

Not that he's as good as Rooney.

It's like saying someone who has a bit of vision with their passing is a bit of a Tugay.

Or someone who runs about a lot but isn't much of a footballer is a bit of a Savage type player.

Or buying a car made by Noble and saying "it's quick and agile, much like a Ferrari"

(Chris gets home: "can you believe the Salesman said it's just like a Ferrari? It's not even red! What a knob")

But if you fancy twisting words and making them fit in to whatever it is you'd like them to mean then by all means; carry on.

Ye because it's exactly the same as that............ :wacko:

If we are an established Premier league team then we are safe from relegation. I'm relieved to hear it.

Not sure why you keep making that connection. No-one has said being an established PL side means Rovers are exempt from relegation. Seems like you are just wumming in the hope that Hughsey will bite.

Archived