BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Scott Dann

Iceman

I still think Givet will be a solid right back, even though he is a left back or centre half. Normally if you left footed playing on the right, then its easier to defend as the player will cut back inside onto the defenders strong side.

I'm right footed primarily, and played on the left. I always showed the guy the outside, and when he tried to cut inside, I took him on my stronger side. That's normally what many managers have done, and are still doing.

The same applies to a right winger and. vice versa. Eg Hoilett would normally cut in on his weaker left foot, where if he is on the left, he cuts in on his right.

So while many think I'm mad, Givet seems much more solid than Salgado at the moment, and would provide solid cover for either Vuckcevic or Hoilett to have a full go.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why you keep making that connection. No-one has said being an established PL side means Rovers are exempt from relegation. Seems like you are just wumming in the hope that Hughsey will bite.

Pointless trying to have any kind of discussion or debate anymore - all people like 47er want to hear is that Kean is sh*t, Venky's are sh*t and we are getting relegated. Everyone might as well just cut and past that and post it in every single thread. You'll get great rep for it <_<

I dont think you quite understand.

He was saying he believes Goodwillie & Rooney have the same playing style.

Not that he's as good as Rooney.

It's like saying someone who has a bit of vision with their passing is a bit of a Tugay.

Or someone who runs about a lot but isn't much of a footballer is a bit of a Savage type player.

Or buying a car made by Noble and saying "it's quick and agile, much like a Ferrari"

(Chris gets home: "can you believe the Salesman said it's just like a Ferrari? It's not even red! What a knob")

But if you fancy twisting words and making them fit in to whatever it is you'd like them to mean then by all means; carry on.

We will have to agree to disagree, firstly Batistuta is nothing like Formica and Goodwillie is more like Kenny Miller then Rooney, I'll quote Goodwillie directly "“I think Rooney is in a different world", and thats really the reality, it's not a good comparison at all.

Kean “David has always been put on a parallel with a young Wayne Rooney and you can see that when you see him play. He can score all types of goals, not just nice build ups and a tap in.

“He can create a goal for himself, score from outside the box, he can chip them in, pass them in, smash them in. We don’t mind how they go in because that is what we need at the club, a natural finisher, and that is something he is.

Not sure why you keep making that connection. No-one has said being an established PL side means Rovers are exempt from relegation. Seems like you are just wumming in the hope that Hughsey will bite.

He doesnt get it - just move on :P

Teams from 8th-20th are possible relegation candidates, it doesnt mean clubs like us, Bolton, Stoke are not established premier league sides.

If we are an established Premier league team then we are safe from relegation. I'm relieved to hear it.

You earn the right to be called establish based on your history surely?

2008 October Tottemham were bottom of the league with 2 points, did this make them not established anymore?

were Leeds not established the start of the last season they went down?

If we win three games in a row and move up to 8th are we suddenly estblished?

You seem to have different rules to everyone else. We have not even finished in the bottom 5 places in 10 years.

We are an established premier league team, it's a fact.

Why do you think that the media fawned over Burnley and Blackpool making it into the big league, yet they hate us? That's proof right there.

We're established in the top league, whereas it was more than likely that those two were going to go straight back down. The media hate that a relatively small Northern club have been able to play with the big teams for so long.

• Backroom

Other than one suicidal ball across our own box he was very good today. Got a feeling he's going to end up being a replacement for Samba rather than his partner... whst's the betting on Samba being "injured" for next week's game?

Archived