BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

• Backroom

Raos having Premier League-level personal wealth is a complete and utter myth put about by the now discredited article written by Nick Harris last January.

Mrs D was convinced she could make a quick buck on buying and selling Rovers within six months apparently but Kentaro messed up getting the buyers for her in the summer. Then Balaji decided he wanted the Rovers toy more than a Bollywood movie with Akon in it or some such and kaiboshed the extremely generous Qatari offer much to the extreme pain and displeasure of Mr and Mrs D if you follow the saga on podcast 17 part 1.

Returning to the lack of brass in the Rao family, to be Premier League rich owners need to have £100s millions in surplus cash which Venky's certainly don't. Many owners have so much wealth that the interest earned on the principal can bankroll their PL club (or with Man City, the interest earned on the interest...) and for sure the Venky's certainly don't earn anything like those amounts in interest receipts irrespective of high Indian interest rates.

Then if the Premier League level of wealth owner does have the surplus cash or interest stream, they have to be willing to spend it on the club. Again Venky's fail even on that criteria because after putting in the money the Walker Trust told them they had to, Venky's have not put another penny into Rovers. Instead they have naively squandered Rovers' wealth recklessly, irresponsibly and with managerial ignorance and incompetence to such an extent that Rovers are now totally beholden to Barclays Bank when there WAS NO NEED FOR ANY OVERDRAFT WHATSOEVER if they weren't just a bunch of chicken brains.

No wonder the bank turned up blowing the whistle today- Nicko's piece rather understates just how severe the problem is if Venky's don't write a cheque for around £20m this month- only half of which would go to transfer funds.

All the indications are that collectively, the Raos don't have that sort of money lying around to write such a cheque for Rovers and that Mrs Desai would as sure as eggs are eggs never allow the family cash to come to Rovers that way even if they did.

And therein lies the reason why the utterly compromised Steve Kean is still the imposter on the throne in my opinion. A cheap skate solution who won't squeal when the Raos cheap skate Rovers again.

Thanks Philip, sadly makes sense.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Credit though to wakko for being honest in his/her username.

They've got want the wanted - 5 minutes of fame.

I think football wise Steve Kean style of football is the best we've played for a while, very easy on the eye and exciting. Yes we need to work on the back but I feel we're better than the teams against us. As for the protesting your creating a hostile atmosphere at ewood doing more harm than good.

We've won two games in nearly half a season, who cares what the football looks like if we get relegated?

The fact we spent most of the Swansea game whacking the ball into their box kinda negates your point.

Just because Kean says we are playing 'good football' doesn't make it so.

I think football wise Steve Kean style of football is the best we've played for a while, very easy on the eye and exciting. Yes we need to work on the back but I feel we're better than the teams against us. As for the protesting your creating a hostile atmosphere at ewood doing more harm than good.

Let's all sit in silence then as we continue to stay at the bottom of the table. Just over a year ago we were a mid to top half team, now we're relegation candidates. Don't worry everyone, at least if we go down we will get to watch some pretty attacking football (just block the defensive shambles out).

Let's all sit in silence then as we continue to stay at the bottom of the table. Just over a year ago we were a mid to top half team, now we're relegation candidates. Don't worry everyone, at least if we go down we will get to watch some pretty attacking football (just block the defensive shambles out).

If we work on the defence first then upwards we would have a decent side

Steve, our football is good in patches but it can't be that good as evidenced by the possession statistics for Stoke & Swansea matches.

Also, noticeably, we've reverted to more and more of Sam's statistics as you have got more and more desperate with MGP long throws, Robbo's long free kicks etc.

I don't think the message has got through, you are not wanted here and you are certainly not liked. Please do one decent thing in your managerial reign at Rovers and resign !

The Steve Kean style of football is almost total misdirection that a handful of gullible people have gobbled up like a modern day The Emperors New Clothes.

And what do we do when he can't attract players of the caliber we require to stay in the PL because he's a manager who is only well known for his poor record?

As for protesting, for me most of what happened on Saturday was spontaneous and not just the organized protesters. It was fueled by poor results, getting knocked out of the cup by a team a league below us, and Steve Kean's terrible choice of words after the game. And that's only going to get worse while he's in charge. Also the fact that we won 4-2, with a player getting in the clubs record books, totally negates your argument that it's doing more harm than good.

Not that I'm for booing at all but chants are understandable given the circumstances, and show that it's directed at him and not the players.

At the end of the day a manager should be judged by points on the league table. It's too important to judge him by anything else.

So, like Blackpool, West Brom, Burnley, West Ham last year, all this pretty football and a shamble defending is the way forward?

You simply cannot play the way Kean wants and defend properly, he leaves the back four exposed to mant times during the game, you cant blame the players for they are either playing to his instructions or they are not, if they are not, you drop them, if he doesnt drop them, its Keans fault, his players are unfit, in fact my guess is a Hughes or Allardyce would get at least another 50% out of them fitness wise!

Worst of all, the numpty is not learning from his mistakes, pretty passing is one thing, pretty passing with purpose is another thing!!

Finally, pretty football for footballs sake is not the way forward, its silly, immature and unproffessional!

!

If we work on the defence first then upwards we would have a decent side

What changed? We used to have one of the best defences outside of the top 4. In the past 12 months they've become one of the worst in the PL, what's happened? Kean has had a chance to strengthen (two windows in fact) and we've statistically become weaker. How much longer will it take for us to sort the defence out? 12 more months?

Lets name and shame them!

barnaby blue, mrtomkiss, rover-the-top, braddock and wakko

they must be on something very potent

You know it's this kind of post which is really starting to wind me up on BRFCS.

Essentially saying that if you don't agree with the majority opinion you'll be ridiculed and then presented to have s**t thrown at you by all and sundry.

Those people you name are just as entitled to an opinion as you are.

Get off your high-horse...

The Steve Kean style of football is almost total misdirection that a handful of gullible people have gobbled up like a modern day The Emperors New Clothes.

And what do we do when he can't attract players of the caliber we require to stay in the PL because he's a manager who is only well known for his poor record?

As for protesting, for me most of what happened on Saturday was spontaneous and not just the organized protesters. It was fueled by poor results, getting knocked out of the cup by a team a league below us, and Steve Kean's terrible choice of words after the game. And that's

only going to get worse while he's in charge. Also the fact that we won 4-2, with a player getting in the clubs record books, totally negates your argument that it's doing more harm than good.

I still disagree with the above although Saturday's booing was spontaneous I think other protest have had an effect on games, that's why we did so well in the cup no hostility when your playing in front of 5000

more harm than good.

Not that I'm for booing at all but chants are understandable given the circumstances, and show that it's directed at him and not the players.

At the end of the day a manager should be judged by points on the league table. It's too important to judge him by anything else.

You know it's this kind of post which is really starting to wind me up on BRFCS.

Essentially saying that if you don't agree with the majority opinion you'll be ridiculed and then presented to have s**t thrown at you by all and sundry.

Unfortunately it's working both ways, with those against the protest popping up again after the result on Saturday. As Glen said in his recent blog post, we need to find a way to move forward together.

Someone disagrees with majority and gets some stick shocker!!!!

If you do so (anywhere not just here) you will get some flak I've found. The answer to that is to make a reasoned argument for your case and expect to receive some strong disagreements. Especially with something so important to many on here as their football club.

I admire Mr Tomkiss for coming on here and explaining his reasons, but don't expect me to agree with him or tread on eggshells trying to explain why.

And just because someone disagrees with or even mocks someone else's opinion it does not mean it then ceases to exist!

What an unpleasant place to be this MB has become.

Divide and conquer tactics are working among us.

Why did everyone agree on everything pre Steve Kean/Venkys? <_<

I'm so tired of this horses**t that spews from people's propaganda effected mouths.

Nearly choking on my Lucky Charms at 5:02am because someone said that Kean has us playing the most exciting football since we won the league is not a pleasent experience. When Kean first took charge he undertook a master PR campaign that still has the more impressionable fan in its' chicken greased grip. Big Sam is known throughout the game for playing direct football which is widely percieved to be boring, albeit effective. People were shocked when Kean took charge and he needed justification. He chose to fill people's heads with the whole playing good football idea. Overnight he turned 'Fortress Ewood' into 'Let's give people as much time and space on the ball as they want rubble pile'. The occassional good performance because we are on Sky and the players want to put themselves in the shop window simply doesn't count I'm afraid. Look at Saturday....at one point we had 30% possession against a side that have inevitable relegation facing them. We remind me of a less effective Blackpool and we all know what happened to them. For us to even end up on 35 points now is a monumental task. Football is about opinions and if you think we are playing well then you have every right to disagree with me. However, when looking at the league table the simple fact should be that sittig in 11th and playing 'more boring' football would surely be preferable?

What an unpleasant place to be this MB Blackburn Rovers has become.

Divide and conquer tactics are working among us.

Someone disagrees with majority and gets some stick shocker!!!!

If you do so (anywhere not just here) you will get some flak I've found. The answer to that is to make a reasoned argument for your case and expect to receive some strong disagreements. Especially with something so important to many on here as their football club.

I admire Mr Tomkiss for coming on here and explaining his reasons, but don't expect me to agree with him or tread on eggshells trying to explain why.

And just because someone disagrees with or even mocks someone else's opinion it does not mean it then ceases to exist!

Exactly.

People have every right to post their opinions, but at the same time they should be prepared for it to be scrutinized, especially if it happens to be an unpopular one. I'm sure what yeti-dog is bringing to the discussion other than some failed attempt to root for the little guy?

• Backroom

yeti caling people out for being on 'their high horse', when he spends 99% of his time on here on some ethical posting crusade.

In this case he has a point, what a joke it is 'naming and shaming' folk for having a contrary opinion

In this case he has a point, what a joke it is 'naming and shaming' folk for having a contrary opinion

It's Admin's decision to show the voters Tom. Not saying that's either right or wrong, but the voters could be hidden if so wished.

If you feel so strongly about that, make it an anonymous vote. Then if people want to declare which way they voted they can.

• Backroom

This message board was just as bad during the Allardyce era, especially when we were on a bad run. Fans were divided then and they're divided now. It's just the way it is. I have to admit I expect a little more unity based on how badly fans are being treated by the club, but there you go.

• Backroom

It's Admin's decision to show the voters Tom. Not saying that's either right or wrong, but the voters could be hidden if so wished.

Thats not the point it was more a case of 'Hurrrr durrr lets name them and laugh at them, look at these guys daring to disagree with thr majority'

Just kind of pathetic IMO

Thats not the point it was more a case of 'Hurrrr durrr lets name them and laugh at them, look at these guys daring to disagree with thr majority'

Just kind of pathetic IMO

Maybe, but Admin could stop it Tom. That's the point.

This message board was just as bad during the Allardyce era, especially when we were on a bad run. Fans were divided then and they're divided now. It's just the way it is. I have to admit I expect a little more unity based on how badly fans are being treated by the club, but there you go.

I actually think that the fans are more united than then as there's far more anti-Kean than pro-Kean. After the Cardiff defeat I noticed a huge swing from a lot of fans.

Archived