BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC vs. Chelsea Protest Details

Silittl

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If its not on skysports who cares we fans will protest end off,and make sure Steve Kean is gone for good,it would be lovely had it been on sky for the venkys but there is still time for this to happen.

Could Kean be gone this week finger cross the owners lets us down and there promised to be at the game on Sunday but no show by them.

I am right in thinking that this game is also on sky? if so then a real chance to show them up in front of the world?

Not on Sky. It's a 3pm Saturday kick off.

The rest of the world will be able to see it though. It's probably on over here, and certainly on in Asia.

Just dont go...... :brfc:

The only protest that will work. 5,000 on will really show everybody.

I can see the idea of protesting during the match not going down too well.

Not on Sky. It's a 3pm Saturday kick off.

Just as its not on Sky does not mean it will not be seen in Asia.

In Thailand and Singapore we get all games live.

You think its only 1%?

Who knows how many will turn up if Kean has been given a new contract.

The rest of the world will be able to see it though. It's probably on over here, and certainly on in Asia.

It will defo be shown live all over the world. I get to see every Rovers game home and away live here in Sydney. Just have to stay up till the early hours and press the red button on foxtel.

I know that. But no one was on about Asia (or the rest of the World) though so it's irrelevant.

Wake Up Dude, Venkys bought Rovers to raise awareness of their brand. Most of their customers are based in Asia or India. It's all about getting the banners seen by as many people as possible.

If that means on live TV here in Asia while the UK has to put up with MOTD then so be it.

We need people to talk about this and see it. Not protesting as the game is not on Sky is totally stupid.

I was on the march and joined the sit in.

Please don't get me wrong I have great respect for the passion of Glen etc, BUT

It was the most sterile, polite pc protest I've ever witnessed.

I do not condone violence but, genuine anger and frustration is being stifled and sanitised.

A good old fashioned dose of the 'angry mob' outside the Nuttall Street Stand directed at the owners would see the clown sacked the following day.

I used to enjoy jumping around like an idiot in the old Bill Fox days!

Mrs Desai is a tough old bird and she's not going to let the peasants tell her what to do.

So,if the new contract for Kean story is true its a calculated and deliberate 2 fingers to the fans.

Not a gentle way to treat members of your family and would mean the end for many I'd suspect.

I think the time has come for visible signs of KEAN OUT during games.

Not saying chants, but deffo KEAN OUT banners.

We support the team, but we do not support you Kean.

But I do think VEnKYS OUT banners will not help our cause with their stubborn attitude, our fight with them will come later.

If the protest is moving inside the 90 minutes would it not be prudent to make it clear that the fans are behind the players and not Kean? If we actually spell the message out to the owners and the media it would be difficult for them to avoid it.

Something along the lines of Fans Behind the Players, Fans Against the Manager or Back the Players, Sack the Manager. Admittedly I'm not great with slogans.

Alternatively, have the Kean out banners waving about during the 90 but have all of the chants backing the players. If the players claim to be upset by the banners being out when the fans are getting behind them I'd ask why they're not concentrating on playing.

I was on the march and joined the sit in.

Please don't get me wrong I have great respect for the passion of Glen etc, BUT

It was the most sterile, polite pc correct protest I've ever witnessed.

I do not condone violence but, genuine anger and frustration is being stifled and sanitised.

A good old fashioned dose of the 'angry mob' outside the Nuttall Street Stand directed at the owners would see the clown sacked the following day.

I used to enjoy jumping around like an idiot in the old Bill Fox days!

It's difficult enough as it is to wake fans up from their apathy and get them to show their dissatisfaction in their numbers.

Whilst it might make you feel better, a hate mob will turn off even more people, and be dismissed further as a mindless minority.

What we need is exactly what happened on Sunday but with 10 times the number of people.

Sadly, too many are happy to continue to make excuses for each bad result and mumble their complaints to each other at work, in the pub, etc.

If someone complains about Kean / Venkys, ask them "Did you march? Did you sit in?". If the answer is "no", there is little point in listening to their moans.

By the time they reach their personal 'final straws', it will be too late.

It's difficult enough as it is to wake fans up from their apathy and get them to show their dissatisfaction in their numbers.

Whilst it might make you feel better, a hate mob will turn off even more people, and be dismissed further as a mindless minority.

What we need is exactly what happened on Sunday but with 10 times the number of people.

Sadly, too many are happy to continue to make excuses for each bad result and mumble their complaints to each other at work, in the pub, etc.

If someone complains about Kean / Venkys, ask them "Did you march? Did you sit in?". If the answer is "no", there is little point in listening to their moans.

By the time they reach their personal 'final straws', it will be too late.

Spot on. I know fans who've complained about Kean since the second he took the job. Have they attended one protest or march yet? Nope, too lazy.

I'm sure by now the players are in no doubt that the protests are about Kean, not them.

As I posted in another thread we're unlikely to get anything against Chelsea anyway so Kean being blasted for 90 mins with chants and banners will have little impact on the outcome of the match IMO, plus if we go behind then the moderates are more likely to be swayed and go along with protests during the game than want to stay behind after, adding to the impact.

Time to up the ante.

I have been on both marches and sit ins but I am struggling to comprehend the apparent general apathy of the fans regarding the organised protests to highlight this situation. When we went 3-0 down against Man City there was a darn sight more people chanting than bothered with either march or sit in combined.

Does everybody feel although they want KEAN OUT they dont believe that marches or sit ins are the way to progress this situation ?? Is the only way the massive majority will join the cause is with the un-organised chanting like when we went 3-0 down against Man City ??

This means the only way this protest can be taken further is inside the ground and more importantly during the 90 mins.

I am 100% for KEAN OUT but a part of me wonders if chanting against KEAN or VENKYS is going to help us gain 3 points against chelsea. We are already facing an uphill struggle in that match so the team need the fans. It would be hard to chant against the manager and owners if we make any kind of start in the game. Then the other part of me thinks "Booing and chanting having an adverse effect on the players" I dont care!! Absoloute clap trap!! They have constantly been cheered since KEAN took over and it hasn't done us any good up to now!! I am also very worried that the fans will turn on each other in this situation all over the ground and that wont help us at all.

I feel that the majority of fans do care immensely and are stuck in a very awkward position and the only way we can receive a positive outcome is letting the game and scoreline dictate when the protest will start and hopefully serve its purpose.

Archived