BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC vs. Chelsea Protest Details

Silittl

It has been suggested that the owners are stubborn and do not want to lose face by giving in to fan pressure.

If saving face if what they are most concerned about then maybe the protests are having an adverse effect, I think the biggest point of any business is money.

I really feel that if there was a massive boycott of the Chelsea game and send out a few press releases stating that the protests are not being listened too and people are going to start voting with their feet.

The boycott would serve as a financial protest and hit their pocket and would be less of an ultimatum stating do this or else.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But they already have our season ticket money, and im sure that not selling a few pies or pints will bother them

There are hundreds that go on the day or buy tickets beforehand and also add up the cost of a pie and a few pints for a few thousand people.

I think the Were not going to give in attitude from both sides is not getting us anywhere, eventually the press wont even bother covering it, a new approach is needed one less public but more financial.

If the protest is moving inside the 90 minutes would it not be prudent to make it clear that the fans are behind the players and not Kean? If we actually spell the message out to the owners and the media it would be difficult for them to avoid it.

Something along the lines of Fans Behind the Players, Fans Against the Manager or Back the Players, Sack the Manager. Admittedly I'm not great with slogans.

Alternatively, have the Kean out banners waving about during the 90 but have all of the chants backing the players. If the players claim to be upset by the banners being out when the fans are getting behind them I'd ask why they're not concentrating on playing.

A Back the team, sack Kean cmpaign :lol: :lol:

Surely Venkys can see the attendence figures are down anyway? i know quite a few people who have not re-newed season tickets down to SK being in charge.

attendence on sunday seemed rather low considering Spurs brought a good helping of followers too.

im all for any form of protest however during the game could turn nasty, there was a lot of arguing in NO4 on sunday when @ 2-1 someone pulled out an anti kean banner.

having said that, im KEAN OUT until he's gone!!

It's difficult enough as it is to wake fans up from their apathy and get them to show their dissatisfaction in their numbers.

Whilst it might make you feel better, a hate mob will turn off even more people, and be dismissed further as a mindless minority.

What we need is exactly what happened on Sunday but with 10 times the number of people.

Sadly, too many are happy to continue to make excuses for each bad result and mumble their complaints to each other at work, in the pub, etc.

If someone complains about Kean / Venkys, ask them "Did you march? Did you sit in?". If the answer is "no", there is little point in listening to their moans.

By the time they reach their personal 'final straws', it will be too late.

My point was the current action is not having the desired effect.

It feels like we are on strike during our lunch hour!

A little 'edge' to the protests may make the owners feel a little less arrogant.

Simon and I had massive chat today and bounced idea's around.

The debrief at the club is not scheduled until This Friday which we will be able to discuss our options.

It is expected that Venkys will b at the Chelsea game and so will Mrs Desai, The club may not be as accomodating this time as in previous protest especially as Venkys are also rumoured to be bringing VIP guest too.

Before andf after although having an effect is not seeing enough people take part, I'm very cautious about any protest during the game, however I will not rule this out at this stage. Yes we don't want things to effect players however at present we are losing depsite the fans supporting the team for 90 minutes.

The tables have also turned massively and this will be the first protest which is also aimed at Venkys, if they wish to ignore supporters then they must face music.

Once everything is set in stone we will update supporters of our options which keep us compliant within the law

A little 'edge' to the protests may make the owners feel a little less arrogant.

I like your lunch hour analogy! And I CAN see where you are coming from. But it's that frustration that we have to resist turning into public disorder. That WILL NOT have the desired effect.

The action being taken is the right action towards the manager / owners. The problem is that not enough fans will publically demonstrate what they are saying to their friends, colleagues and family all the time.

Ironically, they won't even get off their backsides to sit on them!

we never done many protest and still get ignored at. I just hope the fans are behaved for this protest and i know people are getting mad and lets not put other people lifes in risk or yourself.

Hopefully the Venkys will see sence for once and for all but for now lets get behide the team and not Steve Kean.

Simon and I had massive chat today and bounced idea's around.

The debrief at the club is not scheduled until This Friday which we will be able to discuss our options.

It is expected that Venkys will b at the Chelsea game and so will Mrs Desai, The club may not be as accomodating this time as in previous protest especially as Venkys are also rumoured to be bringing VIP guest too.

Before andf after although having an effect is not seeing enough people take part, I'm very cautious about any protest during the game, however I will not rule this out at this stage. Yes we don't want things to effect players however at present we are losing depsite the fans supporting the team for 90 minutes.

The tables have also turned massively and this will be the first protest which is also aimed at Venkys, if they wish to ignore supporters then they must face music.

Once everything is set in stone we will update supporters of our options which keep us compliant within the law

You need to up the ante.

This means for Chelsea a lot of noise against Venky's & Kean DURING the match causing maximum embarrassment for the owners.

The players are highly paid professionals and should be able to handle or are we saying if we ever played in Europe again, say in Turkey, the players couldn't handle hostilities during the match ?

You could think about 'protest stages' ie for 5 minutes once kicked-off, for 5 minutes before half time, for 5 minutes after half time and should we not be dead and buried by then, for 5 minutes pre full time.

If we are losing hopelessly, you wont need to do anything, will just happen.

The protests definitely need to continue. Without them we are doomed but with some sort of action, rather than none, we stand a (slim) chance of getting Venky's to see sense and appoint an alternative manager.

The problem against Spurs was that the banners, good as they were, came out after the game and didn't get enough exposure. Same with the anti Kean chants, some of which were drowned out by the idiots at the club turning on the loud music.

We all know we are fully behind the team and really the team also know that, hence the reaction of both protesters and the three players who walked across the pitch after the Spurs game.

We need to up the ante and to be effective there needs to be some action during the Chelsea game (as well as before and after). I'm not condoning violence nor suggesting anything like running on the pitch but surely airing the banners and plenty of chanting would do for starters?

Again, I will reiterate Glen & Co have done a superb job but the club must be thanking their lucky stars that everyone is being so cooperative. It's almost like they have us in their pockets. Even the toytown rag (LT) is not giving the protests much coverage.

I don't give two hoots about any pro Kean or 'sit on the fence fans.' We need to rid ourselves of the smug, arrogant, law breaker as soon as possible and I hope the Chelsea game is the one where our unbelievably passive fans finally smell the coffee and start to take action.

Not sure what we could do (I'm about the least militant person I know) Though I agree that the sit in died a death in the last 15 minutes.

At the final whistle however, there were alot of people singing Kean out but many disappeared home.

Would it not be better if rovers fans didn't attend and protested outside the ground during the course of the match

No, because that would not be supporting the club... or some b*llocks.

Stop protesting, start boycotting. Or both. Don't try and have the best of both worlds.

Problem is people will see this as now turning on the team.

I don't have any better suggestions though sadly.

This is the problem I witnessed on Sunday.A group of lads in N04 BBE lifted Kean out banners during the game and other's around them squealed like children to the stewards to have them removed!!

The trouble with protesting during the game seems to be that there's a large section of our fans who don't like it and are willing to kick off when they see people doing it. Of course these people are massive hypocrits because many I'm sure constantly insult Roberts, Pedersen, hounded Andrews out, used to chant "4-4-2" every other home game at Sam, and also quickly change their minds when we're getting thrashed (like against City). But until we are getting thrashed it will be a thorny issue protesting during the game.

Blind loyalty is clouding perspective when a pragmatic approach should be adopted. Fans on the continent wouldn't have stood for this, they would have boycotted on mass. It is this blind loyalty that keeps kean in a job, I can guarantee that should ewood park of stood empty tomorrow then Steve kean would not be the manager by Thursday morning. The problem is that too many fans find it too much of a wrench to not go. The fans shouldn't have to think that way but in times of hardship you must take it upon yourself to make hard decisions and it seems as a collective of fans we don't have the will to make them.

Blind loyalty is clouding perspective when a pragmatic approach should be adopted. Fans on the continent wouldn't have stood for this, they would have boycotted on mass. It is this blind loyalty that keeps kean in a job, I can guarantee that should ewood park of stood empty tomorrow then Steve kean would not be the manager by Thursday morning. The problem is that too many fans find it too much of a wrench to not go. The fans shouldn't have to think that way but in times of hardship you must take it upon yourself to make hard decisions and it seems as a collective of fans we don't have the will to make them.

It's the ONLY way. Keep Ewood as empty as possible until the faker is fired.

It wouldn't take many games.

Archived